Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

1desperateladysaved

Saliva Tests For Antibodies, I Don't Know About These

Rate this topic

I know the forum is constantly holding out antibody blood tests as part of the diagnostics.  I heard yesterday of saliva test for antibodies and wonder if these had been considered   My daughters tested negative to the recommended battery of tests even though they  have symptoms.  I am looking for options and non-options.

D

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the saliva tests, I don't know how widely accepted or dismissed those are.

I just wanted to add that it could be NCGI or early celiac disease so if there are no more tests to be run, she might want to try going gluten-free for a few months to see how she feels.... That's what I had to do with my boys.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the saliva tests, I don't know how widely accepted or dismissed those are.

I just wanted to add that it could be NCGI or early celiac disease so if there are no more tests to be run, she might want to try going gluten-free for a few months to see how she feels.... That's what I had to do with my boys.

Thanks.  My young adult children really say they would eat normal anyway.  Not sure how they can say that when they have watched their Mom.  The light is dawning though.  Inadvertently struck them sad last night by mentioning someone planned to study unborn deaths to see if the child had celiac disease.  I had heard about it at the summit yesterday and have a daughter interested in doing research this coming summer.  I guess they hadn't realized until recently that celiac is a serious disease, and not just a desire for manipulating with diets.  I won't fail them now, if I can help it.