Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

HumanDecency

Ttg Iga - Just Curious

Rate this topic

About a year ago my doctor told me that my TTG IGA score was 700. However, I haven't seen anyone else with that high a number floating around here. Is that even possible or was he exaggerating? (I was never released this test. I didn't even think to ask for it) 

I then dropped to 45 after going gluten free. (I now keep my tests on record). 

Now I'm at 15 and shrinking. It's been a month and a half so hopefully my next test will put me at reasonable levels. I was just more curious if I actually dropped from 700 to normal levels in a little under a year.

Jesse

My labs had a range of 0-20 for normal. I was told my results were >200, I guess they stopped measuring at 200.

At a year gluten-free, my tTG IgA was around a 30 or 40. At 15 months gluten-free I was at 20.9 (I think it was).   :D You got down faster than me but you might have started at a higher point.

Nice work, BTW!  B)

My original test was over 500, which was my lab's limit. Within three months I dropped to the 53-ish (I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head). After that, it was a very slow decent to the normal range. My doctor (who was shocked by my initial drop) said that it's normal for the numbers to slow down as it gets closer to the acceptable range. In all, even with being on a 100% gluten-free diet, it took me about a year and a half to get down to normal. 

Congrats on your numbers!