Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlessedMommy

New Testing Method

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

I think it sounds promising, but it will be a while before it is available since it will have to undergo more clinical trials, and more research, I am sure.

Then, doctors will have to be convinced it is valid enough to diagnose celiac disease without doing an endoscopy/biopsy as many still believe

that without proof of villous atrophy, it's not celiac, but just elevated antibodies.

It may be more effective for exclusionary Dxes, they suggest.

The link to the article states

" We conclude that whole blood cytokine release assays are sensitive and specific for detection of gluten-reactive T cells in celiac disease; further clinical studies addressing the utility of these tests in patients with an uncertain diagnosis of celiac disease is warranted."

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Dear god yes lol, I have a corn allergy and the starch is hit miss if it triggers a reaction, but they could also be from rice, or tapioca....seriously they need to go the route of many shampoos/body washes that list the chemical/ingredient...
    since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...