dartmania2002

Aczone Causing Bleeding

Rate this topic

Hello,

As some of you might be aware I have been going through some serious health issues surrounding my celiacs disease and have a blood test as well as a breath test tomorrow morning to try and get this condition under control.

My doctor prescribed me dapsone gel 5% and I applied it to the little bumps on my finger for the first time a few hours ago. The little bumps appear to be drying up in rapid fashion, to the point that they are actually lightly bleeding, is this normal, or have any of you ever experienced such a thing?

I will be at the doctor's office in the morning and am considering forgoing tonight's application. Please advise if you have had similar experiences. Thank you!!

Hello,

As some of you might be aware I have been going through some serious health issues surrounding my celiacs disease and have a blood test as well as a breath test tomorrow morning to try and get this condition under control.

My doctor prescribed me dapsone gel 5% and I applied it to the little bumps on my finger for the first time a few hours ago. The little bumps appear to be drying up in rapid fashion, to the point that they are actually lightly bleeding, is this normal, or have any of you ever experienced such a thing?

I will be at the doctor's office in the morning and am considering forgoing tonight's application. Please advise if you have had similar experiences. Thank you!!

Was it Dapsone or Aczone ??     

If you are seeing the doctor tomorrow and aren't sure about the medication you should be fine waiting until tomorrow to use it again.  Sometimes that kind of drying is intended.  You can also talk to your pharmacist about it, and they can let you know.

Aczone IS Dapsone only in topical form. I have never used it so I can't say what's normal.

I was using Aczone on my 4yr and it dried her skin up too, to the point where I stopped using it.  however i tried a few weeks later and applied it with a bit of coconut oil and it worked a treat , it dried up the wounds and closed up the punched out holes in her skin which were very deep.

I used a lot of coconut oil virgin unrefined (from trader Joes in a jar )  on her skin to keep it hyrdated 4 times a day.