Lee uk

Just Spent 8 Days In Hospital

Rate this topic

Sorry I have been away, I got up at 6am on friday and by 7am I was in an ambulance on morphine, I was bright read and swollen around the groin    area.

I had cellulitis. was on 3 types of antibiotics via drip 4 times a day. and who knos how many painkillers. now im home i take 3 antibiotics 4 times a day. so I have not managed to get my blood results yet.

I was wondering if this could be part of Celiac disease.

Sorry I have been away, I got up at 6am on friday and by 7am I was in an ambulance on morphine, I was bright read and swollen around the groin    area.

I had cellulitis. was on 3 types of antibiotics via drip 4 times a day. and who knos how many painkillers. now im home i take 3 antibiotics 4 times a day. so I have not managed to get my blood results yet.

I was wondering if this could be part of Celiac disease.

Just wanted to write that I'm sorry for your troubles and recent health issues; it must have been scary.  I hope this episode resolves for your soon.  I have no answer for you; I am new to the board and trying to navigate my own health issues.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I do not think celiac disease is related to cellulitis. That is a bacterial skin infection from a cut, insect sting, etc.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I do not think celiac disease is related to cellulitis. That is a bacterial skin infection from a cut, insect sting, etc.

some one said if the immune system is down due to celiac,leaky gut. you are more likely to get things like this. they was no cut or sting about 3 years ago i was a beekeeper and got celluitis in my leg due to being up a tree catching a swarm. this only lasted 2 days with my leg up above the level of my heart. this time i was in hosp for 8 days on a drip 

I am really sorry you are not feeling well- hope you recover soon! Cheers

I am really sorry you are not feeling well- hope you recover soon! Cheers

Thank you at the drs today for results from blood test and to see if i need more antibiotics. will let you all know  what happens

Ouch! Sounds awful. How did you get on with the Dr?