Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I can't thank you all enough for the information and inspiration on this website. I haven't been able to get any blood tests done to this point.

I printed off information I got from people here. I wouldn't have found these websites without you! From the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center and  NIH and the Wm K. Warren Medical Research Center for Celiac Disease at UC San Diego. and brought it all with me to my doctor. Symptoms, that the biopsy should have been 4-6 samples (not 1), which tests to do.....

I told him I had the biopsy but with only one sample and I wanted to have the C blood panel done. I was armed with the list many people have posted here.  He kept saying, wow, you have done your research. You have really done your homework. At one point he said he knew that C was in the top 10 most mis diagnosed diseases.

He did these and a couple others. CNA I think and I don't remember what else

• tTG IgA and IgG
  • DGP IgA and IgG
  • EMA IgA 
  • total serum IgA
  • AGA IgA and AGA IgG

I just wanted to say thanks for the support and helpful information. I probably wouldn't have kept pushing for tests with out it... It will take about 10-14 days for results.

L

I had a dermatology appt this morning follow up from skin cancer biopsies 2 months ago. One was of some concern but non malignant. Got the all clear today! YEAh! And I don't have arthritis. (This is the short version) :)

While I was out, I stopped by my doc's office to get a print out of the exact blood tests that were run last week. I don't know why I am not smart enough to do this while I am there!!! Doc came out and said - great news! Your tests are negative. (bare with me there more) I had mixed feelings, I want to know what's wrong! They hand me a sheet of paper, it says

Anti Nuclear Antibody          Negative

Rheumatoid Factor Screen     Negative

Hmmm.  I said - Do you think I could get a print out of exactly what was tested? For my records? She tells me some information, but I said well, this doesn't say anything about what was done. What antibodies were tested? Then I get handed a brochure - This has everything that was tested. I start reading..... It's all about cholesterol. :angry:

I asked again - what exactly is Anti Nuclear Antibody? She asks nurse - it's testing for arthritis. 

I said - I thought you ran a full test for Celiac? What about Itt IgE, IgA? (I don't have any information with me, I just stopped in to get a print out!!)

Nurse comes back up to the front to talk to me

She says - your information hasn't been scanned in so i can't print it out, but here is a blank form of what would have been tested AND WE ADDED IN Miroalbumim (no idea what this is), magnesium and CELIAC.

A tiny little twisted light bulb goes on in my head... I said - so you haven't got the test results back yet. :blink:

She said NO! Ok - so my tests aren't all negative. You don't know yet!

I put a grin on my face - OK, I will just wait for your call.

WOW, that was painful!  <---------------beating head against wall laughing!!

New favorite saying George Bernard Shaw - "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." I need to put this in my sig line.

Day 9 gluten soy, etc free. New outlook - I didn't get mad, spooled up, upset. Just Kept asking what tests were run over and over. It's kind of funny really.

My new motto - When did I learn to speak Greek??!?