Georgia_guy

Retirement Gifts?

Rate this topic

I work for the government (not the IRS, i promise) and I just found out a couple days ago that the person I work under is retiring in July. This is my first "real grown up job" (ie, something I can actually make decent money to live off and make a career out of), so I've never had to do the whole retirement gift shopping. This lady has been a great help in me getting going and learning the ropes (I started in February), and is always so sweet. Because of this, I really want to get her something as a retirement gift, but I have no clue what to get?? What are some good ideas?

If she has been helping you, maybe you could hint - soo... any big plans???

Can you get a pic of her and her daughter and frame it?

A gift of the month club? They have all kinds from beer to fruit. I don't know your budget (not asking) you could do a month to 6 months or whatever)

Some kind of scrapbook if you know her accomplishments at work?

A book - How To Retire Happy, Wild and Free, or The Joy of Not Working, or How to Love Retirement

A movie collection if you have any idea what she might like

sorry, I don't know anyone but my P's that have retired!!

Maybe something small like a plant and tell her the story about how much she has helped you and how much it means to you.

For myself and my hub, we would like just a pretty card with a nice note about how you were helped. Or get others to write a nice note and put them in a pretty binder. Maybe add a picture of each person. We mentor high school kids and those are our favorite gifts.

For myself and my hub, we would like just a pretty card with a nice note about how you helped. Or get others to write a nice note and put them in a pretty binder. Maybe add a picture of each person. We mentor high school kids and those are our favorite gifts.

That's true! All my parents ever want is a nice card from me for b days and holidays.

I agree that a note or card letting her know how much she has helped you in your career would be very nice.