Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Adams

23 Problems Only People With Celiac Disease Will Understand - Whatculture!

WhatCulture!

23 Problems Only People With Celiac Disease Will Understand

WhatCulture!

Contrary to the general public's assumption, Celiac Disease is not an “allergy”; it is a serious genetic autoimmune digestive disease that attacks the villi (the finger-like projections in the small intestine that absorb nutrients) when gluten is ...

3000 Expected to Join 20th Celiac National Conference, Gluten-Free Expo in ... Pasadena Now

Living Well and Coping with Celiac Disease- Part 2 Baby Mum Mum

JoSef's Gluten Free Cookies Celiac.com

Wicked Local Sudbury  - Presidio Sports  - The Paper Magazine

all 13 news articles »

View the full article

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I agree. Funny except for the vinegar thing.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

That was quite funny...even though I haven't experienced all of them yet. Love the video clips for each one! But I have to ask, what's the real deal with vinegar?

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue

That was quite funny...even though I haven't experienced all of them yet. Love the video clips for each one! But I have to ask, what's the real deal with vinegar?

Only malt vinegar contains gluten. If you just see the word " vinegar" it can't be malt vinegar.

I actually loved the "I can't have vinegar" part. I know it doesn't contain gluten, but I can't have anything with yeast. (anti-candida) so no gluten free breads, no vinegar, etc. I interpreted it as her giving a small nod to the other food intolerances that often come with celiac disease due to leaky gut, but now that I went back and re-read it, I saw that she just threw it in and it seems out of place. 

To me, it was funny because just a week or so ago I actually said to my dad "I can't have vinegar!" when he offered me some potatoes/carrots covered in oil/vinegar at our memorial day picnic.

I though the list was pretty much spot on, though I agree that part about the vinegar was actually vague. I enjoyed it though  :P

Diagnosed via blood test: July 2013

Digestive Issues: Lactose Intolerance, Candidiasis, recurring hiatal hernia, possible SIBO

Skin Issues: Rosacea, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Tinea Versicolor

Sleeping Issues: Idiopathic Central Nervous System Hypersomnia, Sleep Paralysis

Allergies: Severe Seasonal allergies,histamine intolerance (under control) sulpha drugs, Oral Allergy Syndrome

Other: TMJ, Gallstones, Orthostatic Hypotension, Dysmennorhea, possible Adrenal Fatigue

Gluten Free - 07/13, Soy Free 05/14, Legume Free 05/14, Dairy Free 09/14, Grain Free 10/14

"I am in control of my own health" - working on crossing everything off this list.