Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Deano12

Symptoms Of Dark Circles Under Eyes

Rate this topic

I have been diagnosed with celiac a few weeks ago, and I have been on a gluten free diet since. I have noticed I have had symptoms of the dh rash over the last year, anxiety/depression and the skin under my eyes becoming hollow and sunken in, also dark circles have developed. Since going gluten free I noticed the skin under my eyes is not improving if not getting worse. Is this a sign that I may be allergic to another food which I do not know about?  I am also on medication called dapsone to calm down the itching and reduce immflamation of the rash

My dark circles are genetic, I got them from my dad. As far as gluten and other foods triggering them to worsen, I will be paying attention to see if there is a correlation! I certainly notice the dark circles more after a severe allergy/asthma attack so , I really am curious to figure this out!

I agree. It may take some time for those circles to go. I do recall that my friend's son had dark circles from a dairy intolerance.

Perhaps if you removed diary for a bit to see if that is a cause? Hang in there.

The healing process is slow, but steady and you need to give your body some time to rebound.