BlessedMommy

Wow Without Wheat--Okemos, Mi (East Of Lansing) (Photos Included)

Rate this topic

I was very impressed with this place! Sadly I got there too late for a sub sandwich (the deli part closes at 4 PM), but we'll be coming back! It was awesome to look at a menu and know that anything was gluten-free and there was no cross contamination worries.

20140615_181325_zps7f600c38.jpg

20140615_181313_zps17490cd8.jpg

20140615_181356_zpsc2a42a2a.jpg

20140615_181304_zps8c706a88.jpg

I think I need to move to Michigan.  I would love to open up a completely gluten free restaurant in my area but don't have the energy or patience for it right now ( or money lol).  Maybe someday ( now I hear Judy Garland singing).  Maybe I just need to follow the yellow brick road.  LOL

WOW is right next door to a Guido's pizza.  Guess what?  You can get "THE BEST" gluten free pizza ever at WOW! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pizza is a very regional dish for what a person expects.  This is Midwestern goodness on a awesome gluten free crust.  (they also serve deep crust pizza) YUM

I tried out their sub and it was good, but it more closely resembled a flat bread sandwich than a sub. The wait time was rather long there.

What was ironic was that my sandwich was made in Guido's kitchen and not WOW's. If they go to such trouble with their pizzas and move them to the WOW ovens to bake, I'm not sure why they would make a sub in Guido's instead of WOW? The man assured me though that there was a completely dedicated prep space for subs there and they take necessary precautions against CC. Considering the signs that they put up warning people not to CC things in WOW, I believe that they know what they're doing, but it still seems strange that the sandwich wasn't made in the gluten-free bakery kitchen.

(WOW and Guido's function basically as one unit with a doorway connecting the two)

When we come back in a few months, I would like to try their pizza.

I talked to the owner about that.  Here's the problem, he opened the Guido's franchise first.  If he tries to break from Guido's he can't make pizza (or be in locations in the franchise areas)

As of right now my kids are planning on going to State, so I hope he stays put.  They will have some place to eat during their school years.  I will have some place to eat when I visit.