kwft10

Anti-Inflammatory And Pain Killers

Rate this topic

Hi,

I was diagnosed with celiac in December. I recently injured my foot. The doctor said I needed to take anti-inflammatory pills (NSAID). Though I've heard they aren't good for celiac, I said I'd try some OTC Motrin. I was too nervous about a prescription. He wanted me to take 600 mg doses. I tried it but am nervous about continuing since I don't want to aggravate the celiac. But my foot is in agonizing pain. Im on the verge of begging for the prescription. Does anyone know of any safe anti-inflammatory pills or pain killers ?

Thanks,

Emily

NSAIDs are fine for those with celiac disease. Everything in moderation. It should be okay while your foot is healing. Check the label for any gluten fillers as always. I can not take them because I am allergic to them -- not because I have celiac disease. You may have read about others having issues on this forum, but I think that is due to long term use/abuse. Again, everything in moderation!

Hope you are using some ice treatments too for the inflammation! Take care!

I have arthritis all over so I take them occasionally. When I have injured my foot in the past, I was told to actually take 800! because that is what the prescription dose of ibuprofen is. I always make sure to eat a full meal when I take anything like that, and drink a full glass of water, otherwise you can have stomach problems. Unrelated to celiac, like ulcers.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with celiac in December. I recently injured my foot. The doctor said I needed to take anti-inflammatory pills (NSAID). Though I've heard they aren't good for celiac, I said I'd try some OTC Motrin. I was too nervous about a prescription. He wanted me to take 600 mg doses. I tried it but am nervous about continuing since I don't want to aggravate the celiac. But my foot is in agonizing pain. Im on the verge of begging for the prescription. Does anyone know of any safe anti-inflammatory pills or pain killers ?

Thanks,

Emily

I had knee surgery last year and took ibuprophen without problems. Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

I have read conflicting things about NSAIDS. They are not good for your gut if it is damaged.

I have been taking LOTs of them for years and can't help but wonder if they are inhibiting the healing process.

On the other hand actual pain killers have helped me get through the day. Probably not the best idea.

As User001 said, make sure you have eaten, drink a full glass of water with them, and also, wait at least 20 minutes after taking them before you lie down.