Rate this topic

Hi - Can anyone recommend safe mouthwash to use?  I prefer the more medicinal ones (like original Listerine) vs. the minty, but at this point, I'd like to hear all recommendations.  

Are all mouthwashes (?) gluten-free?  I haven't used one since my Celiac DX, but would like to start again.

Thanks.

Many are gluten free.  Just read the ingredients to double check.  I believe Listerine is gluten free.  You can google the mouthwash to read it's ingredients before you go to the store if you'd like.

Colleen

I made my own for a long time, then out of sheer laziness when Listerine started making the naturals line with one that doesn't have flouride I switched to it. It's perfectly safe. There is also one called Hello that is all natural, but it's like a bazillion dollars a bottle. Beyond this hippie crap I can't be helpful except to say that Listerine informed me that if something is from wheat it'll say so.

I am weird in that I don't like strong mint taste, and I also can't stand the alcohol in most mouthwashes.  I use Closys mouth wash http://www.closys.com/our_products/alcohol-free-oral-health-rinse.html#.U-gIxfldW2V .  It tastes like stale water by itself, and it comes with a mint oil dropper so you can add just a little mint or a lot.  Kills all the germs and such just like the other mouth washes... it is pricey, but you only need a small capful each time so a bottle last a really long time so the price evens out.  Way better than the nasty listerine for me.