SMRI

First Big Glutening Mistake...crud!

Rate this topic

I checked, I thought, to see if a certain candy...Trolli Bright Crawlers...were gluten-free....I saw the list but MISSED that they were on the unsafe list.....explains my stomach this morning!!

I checked, I thought, to see if a certain candy...Trolli Bright Crawlers...were gluten-free....I saw the list but MISSED that they were on the unsafe list.....explains my stomach this morning!!

Bummer...it happens. Lots of water and rest as needed.

Feel better soon :)

Thanks, so far my symptoms pre/post diagnosis are mild compared to most--mostly just more frequent trips to the bathroom for a day or so and some discomfort in my stomach.  I felt kind of off last night but didn't know why....then I looked this morning as the D came back and though, I bet I ate gluten yesterday.  Took me a while to find the offending food though.  One site I went to to check for gluten-free said that the gummy worms were ok--but I'm thinking that may have been a gluten-free blog vs a Celiac blog and processing in a facility with wheat isn't a big deal if you don't need to be gluten-free.  I found another list here that said they were not ok this morning.  The company website has NOTHING about their ingredients, etc. so that was no help!!!  I have to look at the bag again....I don't THINK it said that on the bag but I could have just missed it :D

Sometimes our systems are simply fussy during healing, but when in doubt don't eat them again...which I'm sure you weren't planning on ;)

I think I have had those before.....  They don't have any gluten ingredients, do they?  Just a lot of sugar and some odd things.  Could be some of the "odd things"?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/23704224?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41833582510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem#Ingredients

I think I have had those before.....  They don't have any gluten ingredients, do they?  Just a lot of sugar and some odd things.  Could be some of the "odd things"?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/23704224?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41833582510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem#Ingredients

No Gluten ingredients but they said processed on machinery that handles wheat...so guessing CC?  That part doesn't show on the Walmart link--that's not good!!  

this flags for possible gluten  http://www.foodfacts.com/ci/nutritionfacts/Snack-Foods/Trolli-Gummi-Sour-Brite-Crawlers-Candy--oz/36250