Ker78

Flattening Of Duodendum

Rate this topic

Hi all

I am a new member - I had a colposcopy and endoscopy done last week. The docs report said that there was flattening of the mucosa in duodendum - suspected coealic.

I had a blood test done about 6 weeks ago and that tested negative for coealic.

My symptoms have been constipation and diarehha, bloating, headaches and fatigue. I have started gluten free this week since seeing docs report - feeling ok - still tired..

Just wondering if the flattening of mucosa could be anything g else other than coealic?

Cheers

Kt

Parasites can damage the villi according to the doctor which examined my son for parasites.  My son had similar inability to absorb  nutrients as I had with celiac disease.  The parasite which lives in the small intestine, was giardia.  A stool test can be done to look for these.

Dee

There are many things that could damage villi. This is what the University of Chicago's celiac website has to say:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/what-else-can-cause-damage-to-the-small-intestine-other-than-celiac-disease

Your symptoms are consistent with celiac. Sometimes meaning is lost verbally. I strongly recommend requesting copies of both the procedural and pathology reports from the endoscopy....along with any and all blood work.

If you post the results here...many of us can interpret them for you.

And ya, my gut says celiac...do all you can to remove gluten from your life.

Check out this thread for tons of great info:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

Thank you for the replies.

I will hopefully be able to get all results Friday morning.. I will post them once I get them...

I am trying to not eat gluten - it's only been a couple of days so will see how it goes...

Thanks again for replies..