Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommy_6

A Symptom Question

So lately I have a lot of pressure in my lower belly around my back, which I'm going to assume is gas. It's really nagging, relentless, weird feeling and sometimes feels like I have a stomach bug and need to go but can't. Driving me insane from discomfort, but not pain. From your personal experience does gas usually go away as soon as you start the gluten-free diet, or does it like to linger?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That sounds like constipation was for me.  I'm afraid it took me quite a few months to go away and I still deal with it off and on now if I'm not eating well.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Ugh.. I hope this doesn't last months, its been close to 2 months of this now and I don't know how much longer I can deal before I go crazy, lol. I feel pretty good upon waking in the morning, but as the day goes on, I feel like yuck. 

Join eNewsletter

I used to be the opposite but after I had been gluten-free for a while I found myself facing the gas and C. I now make sure to eat nuts every day - once after breakfast, and again either before or after supper. And not just a SMALL handful either. I eat about two LARGE handfuls each time. Works like a charm.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter