Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

durrsakja

Glutened? How To Handle?

I accidentally started eating a chip that was not gluten free. Realized the mistake and spit it out before I swallowed. Afterwards I brushed my teeth, flossed and rinsed several times. Can I be glutened even though I did not swallow the food? Having a very tough time recently due to antibiotic usage and some accidental cross contamination issues during holiday travel and am kicking myself for this happening in my own home!

This is the first time I have consumed an actual gluten item in two years. Do charcoal tablets work? Anything else I can do to help? (I am off probiotics for the time being due to an upcoming SiBO breath test so cannot do that)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think you will be okay!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

No!!!! Charcoal Tablets....please.  You may be fine but if you did ingest a bit it is an autoimmune reaction and you can't stop that.  Charcoal will absorb everything....including nutrients, vitamins, mediations, fluids.   Chances are you will be fine.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

I made a mistake and grabbed someone's beer on NYE (thinking it was my bottle of gluten-free hard cider).  I induced vomitting but I started hurting yesterday and am really sick today.  Never heard of charcol tablets. gluten-free Lover- did you say yes charcoal or no- never take charcoal.  It is too late for me now obviously but for future refrence.

Join eNewsletter

No charcoal. It is given for poisoning and drug overdoes depending on what was ingested. it is not going to stop the autoimmune process though.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Join eNewsletter

I made a mistake and grabbed someone's beer on NYE (thinking it was my bottle of gluten-free hard cider).  I induced vomitting but I started hurting yesterday and am really sick today.  Never heard of charcol tablets. gluten-free Lover- did you say yes charcoal or no- never take charcoal.  It is too late for me now obviously but for future refrence.

NO to charcoal tablets.  It doesn't to any good and will suck any nutrients right out of your body and cause constipation.  Plus, it's really nasty when it comes out the other end.  Activated Charcoal is typically used for Overdose cases and Toxic ingestion.  Celiac is Autoimmune and the charcoal will have no effect.

Good luck :)

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter