Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badcasper

Sunscreen Sensitive

is anyone else sensitive to sunscreen.  I switched makeup to physicians formula cause its gluten free and it has a lot of sunscreen in it.  my face is slightly burning and looks rashy red after washing it off

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sensitive to most makeup products.  I just don't wear makeup anymore unless it is a special occasion like a wedding or job interview.  I know I cannot have cocoa butter, shea butter, and anything heavily fragranced, but other things are harder to pinpoint.  A good way to narrow down what ingredient is causing your issue is to find the ingredient list and go through a process of elimination with other products you use and are okay with.  It can be a lot of ingredients, but usually you will get down to just one or two.  Then you can avoid those in the next thing you try. Unless you have narrowed it down, don't assume it is the sunscreen... there are all kinds of things in makeup that can cause issues with a sensitive skinned individual.  There are also multiple things that could be the sunscreen in the makeup, so instead of avoiding all sunscreen, you can figure out what chemical it is and just avoid that.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

ok so this makeup does not list ingredients on tube. It must have been on the box. I will look it up on line. I have noticed since I've been eating a lot of pumpkin which is loaded with vit -A I am now sensitive to any skin product that contains retinol-a which is also a vit-A. I get the slight burning sensation a redness. Im guessing it may contain retinol- a. Thankyou.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter