• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest CD_Surviver

Anyone In Ohio

Rate this topic

Guest CD_Surviver

Hi to all who are in ohio i would like to know who live in ohio b/c i love to cook and i have a lot of recipes that i am willing to make for people with celiac disease or sensitivity. just let me know.

lauren

Hi Lauren,

I live in Dayton, OH. My 6 year old daughter and I have just received food intolerance test results showing we are gluten intolerant, as well as dairy, and the nightshade group (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc). I cannot have any type of cane or beet sugars and she can't have almonds, cinnamon, cherries or green peas! We have been mainly wheat free for a long time, but I have always baked with spelt. I see that so many of the gluten free products/recipes have potato starch that I'm getting discouraged quickly! She's talking about wanting to make holidfay cookies, and I don't know how! Do you have any recipes for cooklies that are gluten and potato free?

Thanks, Linda

Good old Dayton, Oh.....my hometown (Beavercreek)

I look forward to my trip there next month and hopefully a trip to "Old Hickory" -- the BBQ place on Brown Street....hmmmmmmmm

About the cookies, try using google..I had a few hits..

As far as Columbus is concerned, I miss the Columbus Fish Market!!!!!!!

Guest CD_Surviver
Hi Lauren,

I live in Dayton, OH. My 6 year old daughter and I have just received food intolerance test results showing we are gluten intolerant, as well as dairy, and the nightshade group (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc). I cannot have any type of cane or beet sugars and she can't have almonds, cinnamon, cherries or green peas! We have been mainly wheat free for a long time, but I have always baked with spelt. I see that so many of the gluten free products/recipes have potato starch that I'm getting discouraged quickly! She's talking about wanting to make holidfay cookies, and I don't know how! Do you have any recipes for cooklies that are gluten and potato free?

Thanks, Linda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont know about those cookies but i know how it is not only getting rid of gluten because my dad is alergic to corn so i have to be carefull what i put in things so if you want recipes i have come up with alot of my own because i was diagnosed when i was 6 and i am 16. i have been cooking dinner regularlly since june and that is really hard because i have to come up with new recipes . i have created alot of my own recipes that are gluten free and corn free

Hi to all who are in ohio i would like to know who live in ohio b/c i love to cook and i have a lot of recipes that i am willing to make for people with celiac disease or sensitivity. just let me know.

lauren

Hi Lauren, I live in Ohio. Wellsville. South of Youngstown and north of Steubenville. It appears you are in Columbus? I'm new to this group and I have not been diagnosed but I have little doubt. Would love to get recipes.

Joe

Guest CD_Surviver

Joe

if you are ever in the area i would love to have you over to cook for you i have alot of my own recipes that i have come up with since i have been diagnose for 10 years now. i also love to cook!!!!! :) but whatever type of recipes that you would like just let me know and i will gladly give them to you.

Lauren

Hi to all you celiac's in Ohio. I'm from near Pittsburgh Pa but come to Ohio to shop gluten-free!!!!.For baking I've been having great luck with B.Hageman four bean flour 1 to 1 ratio and no added gums....I use my old recipes and just use the gluten-free flour mix.

To Linda & Leah

I know of a guy in or near NIles Ohio that will get rid of the night shade allergies. My total family went to him and it does work for allergies but No he can't fix celiac's before someone askes!!!!If you are interested pm me and I'll give you his info.

To the cook with all the recipes ( sorry I forgot your name) do you have a recipe for making stromboli? In my wheat days I used to eat stromboli made from Rich's frozen bread dough. I have thought about trying it with the Gillian's frozen pizza dough...Any suggestions would be appreciated..

mamaw

Hi, I am in Centerville Ohio and my son has Celiac Disease. He has known for about a year and is 12 years old. What's your favorite pizza? Any good restaraunts in the area for gluten-free eating?

Hello all! I am in Canal Winchester. I drive all the way to Dublin Whole Foods or Upper Arlington Wild oats fairly regularly to get some decent foods. Maybe we could meet there for a gluten-free lunch sometime. Its nice to know I'm not alone here!

Hi, I am in Centerville Ohio and my son has Celiac Disease. He has known for about a year and is 12 years old. What's your favorite pizza? Any good restaraunts in the area for gluten-free eating?

I grew up in Centerville!! I go up every year to march with the alumni band in the Americana Parade!! :)

I live in Mason now. Near King's Island.

I like Bonefish Grill. I think it's about a 20 minute drive from Centerville. It's the Tylersville Rd. exit off 75. They have a gluten-free menu and great food. I think you have a Carrabas up there ... I also think they have a gluten-free menu.

Lauren, it's very nice of you to offer to cook!!

I am in Ohio too, but no where near any of you.... <_<

I am in Brunswick, between Cleveland and Akron. It is pretty discouraging to me because there is nothing near me that is gluten free.

I am moving to Cincinatti in the near future and am new to all this gluten-free stuff. It is nice to know that there are so many people out there. :)

What area of Cincinnati?

There's also a celiac group here and they're having a picnic the end of the month. It might be a good way for you to meet people.

Well, for now I am staying off-and-on in Newport, but I'm not sure where we will end up living exactly. I am driving back-and-forth to Michigan these days. I would love to meet people in Cinci. It seems like it will be a nice place to live.

Hi! I am in the northern part of the state. Where are you guys' shopping, are these stores located in Columbus? Thanks!

Woops! Forgot to say maybe some of us could get together some time! :D

Sher

Columbus has a Wild Oats and now a Whole Foods in the suburbs. The Whole Fodds is on the north side in Dublin, which would be closer to you. Its an amazing place with quite a gluten-free selection to choose from. They have a nice gluten-free freezer in the bakery area that has things like muffins and pizza crusts.

I just found out about this on another forum... its a Celiac conference here in Columbus. Maybe we could all meet up there??

http://www.columbuschildrens.com/gd/applic...e=1&CatID=3

Well, for now I am staying off-and-on in Newport, but I'm not sure where we will end up living exactly. I am driving back-and-forth to Michigan these days. I would love to meet people in Cinci. It seems like it will be a nice place to live.

I'm up by King's Island, so oppositve ends of town. Here's the website for the Cinci Celiac group. http://groups.google.com/group/cinciceliac

There is a Raisin Rack in Columbus (outskirts or Columbus ) , they have a hugh selection.

The conference is on Nov.4 2006 . I go every year......It's $30.00 if you register before Sept.15th,(I think) I don't have the brochure in front of me.$35 after that date.

mamaw

To anyone attending the Columbus Conference.

I posted this someplace else on this site also but wanted to give a heads up. Everybody Eats will be at the conference this year. They ask that if you want any of their food items to phone or e-mail them in advance with your order.

Also can anyone tell me if Hilliard is close to the conference? I'm searching for hotels!!!!!

thanks

mamaw

I've never had anything rom Everybody Eats. What do they have that's good?

Hilliard is probably not the closest spot you could get, but if the price is right its only a 15-20 minute drive.