Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They were out of Udi's at the store so I had to get something else. Canyon Bakehouse has always gotten good reviews so I figured I would try it. The taste was okay but it seemed really doughy almost like it wasn't quite done baking. Has anyone else noticed this or did I just get an loaf that got by the bakers?

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I only get the Seven Grain one and it is never doughy. It is like a whole wheat and, if anything, a bit dry. I bet if you message them on Fb or email they will want to know.

Join eNewsletter

I get the seven-grain too. It's great right out of the package but I noticed if I make a grilled cheese with it it is sort of doughy or rubbery or whatever you want to call it.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Thanks everyone. I appretiate your input.  I think next time my city's Wegmans is out it will be worth the trip to stop at the big, huge one where I work. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I just purchased the Canyon Bakehouse cinnamon raisin bread and found it to be the same way.  It wasn't the worst texture bread I have ever had but I would put it in the average category.  It had a great flavor though.  Maybe different types of bread from the same company are better like the 7 grain.  I will give that a try.  Otherwise I will stick with Udi's

Join eNewsletter

I do know that Canyon Bakehouse used to have corn in it and it doesn't anymore. That was good for me back when I couldn't tolerate corn, but it might be that whatever they are using now is what is making the texture "off". I still like it unheated, but heated it gets rubbery.

I'm back to eating Udi's. They have that giant loaf at my local store and it makes the very best grilled cheese sandwiches.

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I do know that Canyon Bakehouse used to have corn in it and it doesn't anymore. That was good for me back when I couldn't tolerate corn, but it might be that whatever they are using now is what is making the texture "off". I still like it unheated, but heated it gets rubbery.

I'm back to eating Udi's. They have that giant loaf at my local store and it makes the very best grilled cheese sandwiches.

I thought they might have a giant loaf.  I was at my local restaurant ordering breakfast and figuring out what I can eat when the waitress said they had Udi's bread.  I ordered it and it was so much bigger than the loaf I had at home.  I guess I will have to put in a special request for the Udi's giant loaf at my local Albertson's and see if they can get it. Thanks for the info!

Join eNewsletter

The trouble with the giant loaf is that you need to use more "stuff" to make a sandwich and then you wind up consuming a lot more calories. And it's worth it! :lol:

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter