Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackyvh

Daughters With Positive Results, Mom's Negative.

Hello! You guys may have read update on my earlier post and saw that my 5 year old has been officially diagnosed with Celiacs through a blood test and intestinal biopsy and now my 8 year old has had a positive blood test. Well I also had my blood tested by ordering a test online through Directlabs (I have no health insurance). I was not able to get the exact same blood panel as my girls, but what I did get showed up negative.

My question for all you super helpful people is; are these four tests together enough to say that I don't have Celiacs?

*Endomysial Antibody IgA -Negative 

*t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA- <2
Negative 0 - 3, Weak Positive 4 - 10, Positive >10

*t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG- <2 
Negative 0 - 5, Weak Positive 6 - 9,  Positive >9

*Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum- 261
Reference interval- 91-414

Thanks!

5 yr old daughter's blood test results;

IgA 98 -negative

Gliadin IgG Level 26- weak positive

Gliadin IgA Level 23- weak positive

Tissue Transglutaminase IGA Level 130- Positive

Endomysial Antibody IgA 1:320

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is probably negative.  You did not have the deaminated gliadin peptides tests done though (DGP IgA and DGP IgG).  We have a few members who only were positive in one of those tests, so it may be a good idea to get those done if you suspect you might have celiac disease.

All first degree family members should be retested for celiac disease every couple of years, or sooner if symptoms develop.  Celiac can manifest at any time, and as a 1st degree family member, your risk of getting celiac disease is somewhere in between 1 in 10 to 1 in 22.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter