Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaggirl47

So Angry With This Biopsy Report

So, I got the call this afternoon that my son's biopsy results are back. I was given a copy of the procedure report this afternoon and I pick up the actual biopsy results tomorrow. All I was told today was biopsy showed GERD but not Celiac.

So, going through the procedure report I am actually very angry. I specifically asked how many biopsies would be taken from the duodenum and verified with the doc that biopsies would be done of the duodenal bulb. Well, only 4 biopsies were done in the second part of the duodenum and zero were taken from the duodenal bulb. Zero. More biopsies were taken from the esophagus and the gastric antrum portion of the pyloris than the freaking duodenum.

I will post the biopsy report tomorrow morning after I pick it up but I am going to really need the assistance of the smart members of this forum so I can get my set of questions together before our follow up.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

((hugs)) :(

This report discusses some of the biopsy descriptions on pages 7-10:  http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/assets/export/userfiles/2012_Celiac%20Disease_long_FINAL.pdf

Stage 3 is usually needed for a celiac disease confirmation, but many doctors seem to accept stage 2.  Stage 1 is often early celiac disease but doctors won't sign off on a diagnosis with that.

I'm sure you'll find many offers of help.  Some of our members really know their stuff.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

I wish I had some good advice for you, but I'm very new to all of this too.  All I can say is I'm sorry you are having to deal with this frustration and hope that others here have some good pointers for you on moving forward.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Popular Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-m):

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    traceyneiman