Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stormtracker

Ocala, Florida Area

Hello, I am looking for a doctor in the Ocala/Dunnellon/Citrus Springs, Crystal River area that KNOWS about gluten intolerance. I am looking for a doctor that will take time to speak with me about the issues I am having. I know for a fact I am gluten intolerant. I have never been diagnosed, but I do know from an early age bread always made me so sick, cookies and cakes made me ill and I have the WORST pains all over my body when I eat anything with wheat in it. Bad depression, anxiety, low sugar, joint aches, bathroom issues, the whole nine yards.....most doctors want you to eat a gluten filled diet for about six months before they test you I simply CAN'T DO THAT. I'll get extremely sick. I need some other form of tests..........I am on Blue Select and hardly any good doctor actually takes this insurance. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks....

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi and Welcome To The Forum.

Unfortunately, Blood Tests and Endoscopic Biopsies are how they diagnose Celiac.  A gene test and symptoms can corroborate the results.  Both require a gluten challenge.  You can always decide not to have any tests and start a strict Gluten Free diet.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

Hi and Welcome To The Forum.

Unfortunately, Blood Tests and Endoscopic Biopsies are how they diagnose Celiac.  A gene test and symptoms can corroborate the results.  Both require a gluten challenge.  You can always decide not to have any tests and start a strict Gluten Free diet.

Colleen

I just got back from the doctor and I am having a blood test tomorrow the usual bloodwork plus another blood test he said to test for Celiac. He seemed to really want to diagnose me with depression, I told him I don't have that and he tried and tried to get me to admit I was depressed. He didn't mention any gluten challenge and seemed like he wasn't worried about anything I was telling him concerning how I feel after I eat......

Join eNewsletter

You have been gluten free so the test will come back negative & he'll say he was right BUT unless you have been doing a gluten challenge than of course the tests will come back negative. So he will feel all superior & vindicated but he's WRONG b/c he doesn't know what he's doing. 

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter