Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommyto2kids

Need Help Finding A Bar For Snack

It needs to be gluten-free, soy free, peanut free, pistachio free, flax free. I don't want wheat grass as well. I have celiac. I am having a lot of trouble finding this. Can you help me please. Please share if you know of one. Thanks so much.

We are going on the road and was hoping to find something for travel.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I believe that Enjoy Life apple bars are free of all those things.

Daughter: Positive tTG-IgA, DGP-IgA, and DGP-IgG. Celiac confirmed by biopsy in June 2013, at age four. Clear gastrointestinal, behavioral, and neurological/sensory symptoms since very early infancy, even when exclusively breastfeeding.

Me: Diagnosed by GI with "presumed celiac" based on health history, celiac in family, and resolution of fat malabsorption and many other symptoms on gluten-free diet. Long history of eczema, chronic diarrhea, steatorrhea, ataxia, peripheral neuropathy, infertility, chronic insomnia, low cholesterol, vitamin deficiencies, and joint pain. Negative celiac tests after 15 years gluten-light and then a brief but awful gluten challenge. 

Join eNewsletter

Check out Larabars. I don't know if you need peanut free with absolutely no chance of cc or not but Larabars do not contain soy. They make many different flavors & they also make different kinds of bars like their Jocalat & Uber. All gluten free. Here's a link:

http://www.larabar.com/about/larabar-101

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

We like those squeeze bags of organic applesauce! Dehydrated fruit is good. Plain nuts if they can be tolerated. We eat a lot of cheese sticks. I am always offering them. It is kind of a running joke in our family, "Want a cheese stick?" Need a little cooler for those.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

That's it....fruit bars. Yep, they just contain fruit and they are certified gluten-free too!

Think about making your own. Check out the Internet for recipes. Just make a pan of your own bars, cut and wrap individually and freeze in a large zip lock bag.

Anemia -- Resolved

Diabetes -- January 2014

Join eNewsletter

That's it....fruit bars. Yep, they just contain fruit and they are certified gluten-free too!

Think about making your own. Check out the Internet for recipes. Just make a pan of your own bars, cut and wrap individually and freeze in a large zip lock bag.

Fantastic suggestion!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

Yeah, I would go for making your own.  I have been looking at a lot of recipes since I have soy, dairy and eggs to deal with along with gluten.  There are a lot of recipes for bars and most look pretty forgiving if you want to alter the recipe, especially since most of them are just roughage held together by some sort of sticky substance.

Diagnosed April 7th 2014

Join eNewsletter

Yeah, I would go for making your own.  I have been looking at a lot of recipes since I have soy, dairy and eggs to deal with along with gluten.  There are a lot of recipes for bars and most look pretty forgiving if you want to alter the recipe, especially since most of them are just roughage held together by some sort of sticky substance.

I have used chopped dates and mushy bananas as a binder and it works!

Anemia -- Resolved

Diabetes -- January 2014

Join eNewsletter

Have you found a gluten-free cereal they can eat? If so you could make a rice krispy's treat type thing - you know - the one with marshmallow. If you don't want to use marshmallows or fluff you could use honey. If chocolate is OK you could get the enjoy life chocolate chips and put those in. I believe they are soy-free. Or carob chips?

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter