Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Selfmom5

Been Eating Wrong

Rate this topic

It started when we went on vacation. I went with a friend and it is hard trying to eat out especially fast food when you have to eat gluten-free. Others don't get it. I took along my food enzymes and told myself to limit myself to one meal a day max that had gluten. Things just kind of spiraled from there. Kids are home for the summer and I just wanted bread that didn't have that cardboard feel ect... I know better.. But I hit a week point.. So now I am trying to heal myself again.

for me it's easy to sneak gluten in when I'm not having those major symptoms like throwing up I'm feeling like Porky Pine Needles are coming out of your skin. But of course now my body is hurting,I'm having muscle spasms,whelps, headaches ect. So I am taking probiotics I have been taking magnesium calcium vitamin D vitamin D. Zeal helps me a lot where daily victim and didn't. I have been eating right for the last two weeks .... But what else do I need to be doing?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

currently available enzymes have no effect on gluten. Hopefully you have learned a lesson? There really is nothing you can do but eat completely gluten free and eventually, you will heal. But if you keep doing this, you will never completely heal and un- treated Celiac leads to lots of problems

Join eNewsletter

It looks like you have two options: 1) consider a gluten challenge and get tested for celiac disease. It might help you adhere to the diet if testing is positive. 2) consider yourself a celiac (based on all your symptoms) and never consume gluten again! Like Karen said there is nothing you can take to prevent an autoimmune reaction from injesting gluten if you have celiac disease. Maybe someday........

I am formally diagnosed, but my hubby is not. He has been gluten-free for 14 years and he never cheats intentionally. We think he has celiac disease, but we will never know. He refuses to do the challenge. He knows he will get sick. He also knows that he does not want any autoimmune disorders. His Mom had MS and his aunts had Thyroiditis (Graves and Hashi's). Watching his Mom suffer with MS was a enough of an incentive to avoid gluten. Not saying that he would develop MS, but the risk is there.

Me? Hashi's, celiac disease, diabetes, opsteoporosis, fractures, I am fighting to avoid more autoimmune disorders!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

It looks like you have two options: 1) consider a gluten challenge and get tested for celiac disease. It might help you adhere to the diet if testing is positive. 2) consider yourself a celiac (based on all your symptoms) and never consume gluten again! Like Karen said there is nothing you can take to prevent an autoimmune reaction from injesting gluten if you have celiac disease. Maybe someday........

I am formally diagnosed, but my hubby is not. He has been gluten-free for 14 years and he never cheats intentionally. We think he has celiac disease, but we will never know. He refuses to do the challenge. He knows he will get sick. He also knows that he does not want any autoimmune disorders. His Mom had MS and his aunts had Thyroiditis (Graves and Hashi's). Watching his Mom suffer with MS was a enough of an incentive to avoid gluten. Not saying that he would develop MS, but the risk is there.

Me? Hashi's, celiac disease, diabetes, opsteoporosis, fractures, I am fighting to avoid more autoimmune disorders!

How can you tell she isn't a diagnosed Celiac? I guess, I just assumed she was? Maybe she said that in another thread?

Well... For the Celiacs reading along, don't cheat!

Join eNewsletter

How can you tell she isn't a diagnosed Celiac? I guess, I just assumed she was? Maybe she said that in another thread?

Well... For the Celiacs reading along, don't cheat!

SefMom5 posted last August (2014) that she had been gluten-free for a year in order to help heal her thyroid. She talked about getting tested, but not sure she has.

SelfMom5 did you get celiac testing?

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

SefMom5 posted last August (2014) that she had been gluten-free for a year in order to help heal her thyroid. She talked about getting tested, but not sure she has.

SelfMom5 did you get celiac testing?

So I didn't miss it in the post ! You have a good memory. :)

Join eNewsletter