• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

For those of you that enjoyed the Kroger brand of corn pops, your enjoyment is over! It was a sad morning when I reached for the new box and just by chance read the label. They have started adding wheat starch. This is new, it used to be safe.

Hez

For those of you that enjoyed the Kroger brand of corn pops, your enjoyment is over!  It was a sad morning when I reached for the new box and just by chance read the label.  They have started adding wheat starch.  This is new, it used to be safe.

Hez

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate it when formulas are changed. Malt-o-Meal started using malt in more of their formerly gluten-free cereals :angry: But I did find some chocoBalls (think coco krisp) by Always Brand (Big Yellow bag) that are gluten-free!!! and crunched up should make an acceptable chocolate graham cracker crust - just a little more coco powder and potato starch. I better write the company and ask them to please, please not change their formula!!!

Guest nini

I really am beginning to HATE this when companies do this. I think we all need to bombard the companies with letters expressing our frustrations to them whenever they do something like this.

Cross yet another of my daughter's fave cereals off of the safe list. CRAPOLA!

Does anybody have the contact address for Kroger???

Yep, they told us there were doing this a while bakc. Posted on it then, but I am sure its way burried. Stinks cuase ti was a cheap snack that my sound would actully eat....

Nini...

To contact Kroger with your comments or questions:

* E-mail us by clicking into our Customer Comments form.

* Call us at: 1-866-221-4141

* Mail us at:

1014 Vine Street

Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1100

(from kroger.com)

Guest nini

Thank you Vincent.

I wrote to Malt O Meal when they did this... I just really think this stinks. They don't need to add gluten to it other than the fact that it is a CHEAP filler. It has ZERO nutritional value especially in my book!

If I remeber right, I think Malt o Meal makes most all the grocery store brands. Safeway and Kroger's I remeber hearing. It would kind of make sense, because within a month of Malt o meal adding wheat, I suddently noticed both Safeway and Kroger brands had wheat added within a month or so.

The company's top goal is to "help retailers make money," Neugent said. "Value is the greatest growth driver in the category.

I retrieved this statement from the top news article.

oooo that burns me up! We have been eating Malt-o-Meal "corn bursts" and I discovered just last week that they are no longer OK. ARgh. I found this out AS I was eating a big bowl :angry:

My son and I have both been feeling crummy, and I think that this was a big reason why. Too bad, because it was one of the only *cheap* cereals we've found that tastes good and is gluten-free. Sigh.

In case you guys have not noticed, they have also stopped carrying Dixie Lily white grits and Herb Ox bulloin cubes. I shared my frustration the last couple of times I called. I have had to start special ordering several items and have not had much luck getting them in.

Guest nini

The Kroger nearest me has also stopped carrying a lot of the Amy's gluten free meals... The first one they got rid of was the Rice Crust Pizza... grrrrrrr... I asked the Manager and he said he didn't even know why. It came down from a higher up.

The Kroger nearest me has also stopped carrying a lot of the Amy's gluten free meals... The first one they got rid of was the Rice Crust Pizza... grrrrrrr... I asked the Manager and he said he didn't even know why. It came down from a higher up.

Prbly not selling well. :(

I called and spoke with customer service. I shared our concerns that foods were disappearing from their shelves the we would normally drive to their specific store to purchase. I also told him that they were known as a store where we could purchase the foods we can safely eat and that they were the only one in our area where we could. The representative assured me that he would take our concerns up the ladder.

In got to thinking about it and believe that maybe someone has moved into a position to make these decisions and they are not aware of the store's reputation for serving our community so they are making decisions based solely on product movement or pricing issues. Hopefully the word will make it up the ladder to the proper person.