Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

AngeryTummy

Results came in, help?

Rate this topic

So I had been to my dr about my tummy troubles and the first thing he suggested was it could be a gluten issue, and asked to draw some tests for gluten intolerance and celiac. The results have been posted in my online medical account, but I have yet to speak to my doctor about them. I am calling in on monday to talk to him or schedule an appointment to talk to him. Whatever he requires. Anyways, I have been waiting to see the results and I cannot make heads nor tails of them.

If I copy paste or screen shot the results, would someone be able to walk me through them a little so I can know what to expect when seeing the doctor? I would greatly appreciate it

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, copy and paste here. Be sure to include the ranges as some labs use different numbers. There are quite a few members who can help.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Welcome to the club you never wanted to join!  I am not a doctor, but you appear to have celiac disease.  The next step is an endoscopy to obtain four to six  tissue samples (biopsy).   Keep eating gluten until all testing is complete!  Research, research, research!  Get prepared to go gluten free and soon your tummy will not be ?!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Looks like they did a good job of testing you!  Your IgA level of <1 is VERY low (that is total IgA, not celiac-specfic IgA).  Because the Total IgA is so low, any celiac IgA tests would be useless.  So for the celiac tests they looked at IgG instead of IgA and those are both high positives.  

Join eNewsletter