This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Results came in, help?

AngeryTummy

AngeryTummy Newbie

So I had been to my dr about my tummy troubles and the first thing he suggested was it could be a gluten issue, and asked to draw some tests for gluten intolerance and celiac. The results have been posted in my online medical account, but I have yet to speak to my doctor about them. I am calling in on monday to talk to him or schedule an appointment to talk to him. Whatever he requires. Anyways, I have been waiting to see the results and I cannot make heads nor tails of them.

If I copy paste or screen shot the results, would someone be able to walk me through them a little so I can know what to expect when seeing the doctor? I would greatly appreciate it

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bartfull Rising Star

Yes, copy and paste here. Be sure to include the ranges as some labs use different numbers. There are quite a few members who can help.

AngeryTummy Newbie

Here the the ones that were specifically testing in the thoughts of maybe celiac disease.

I also got a metabolic panel and a cbc testresults1.PNG.2b2409a3e06ece54d5ad341testresults2.PNG.a82629b2682e3f00d4a2cde

Edit to add: I have an appointment this friday to see my doctor about the results. But i am inpatient lol

cyclinglady Grand Master

Welcome to the club you never wanted to join!  I am not a doctor, but you appear to have celiac disease.  The next step is an endoscopy to obtain four to six  tissue samples (biopsy).   Keep eating gluten until all testing is complete!  Research, research, research!  Get prepared to go gluten free and soon your tummy will not be ?!

RMJ Mentor

Looks like they did a good job of testing you!  Your IgA level of <1 is VERY low (that is total IgA, not celiac-specfic IgA).  Because the Total IgA is so low, any celiac IgA tests would be useless.  So for the celiac tests they looked at IgG instead of IgA and those are both high positives.  

AngeryTummy Newbie

Thank you for the replies! 

AngeryTummy Newbie

I just thought I would update this.

I saw the dr, he said he is pretty certain it is celiac.

He did refer me out for a possible biopsy. Now just to make that appointment and see what they say. Why is medical diagnosis such a waiting game lol

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived