Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mixy

How much is 3g of gluten in food language?

Hi all,

I am thinking of starting a gluten challenge, and i read recommendations like 3g of gluten/day for x number of weeks. 

How much is 3g of gluten? In terms of bread, pasta, pizza slices....

Thanks!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No idea about the 3 grams of gluten.  U. of Chicago says 1/2 slice of bread or 1 cracker a day is what they recommend for a gluten challenge.  12 weeks for blood tests; 2 weeks for endoscopy.

Thanks for your help manasota

My only reference to the 14 days is that article. I d like to get tested, and i would not like to do a longer than needed GC...

Does anybody have any experience with the celiac testing kits that you buy in pharmacies? Not sure if they are relieble, but I was thinking that i could try using them after 14 days (every 7 days if negative), and go to get proper blood tests once the result of the kit is positive

So, if after 14 days is positive i go to see the doctor. If not, I keep the GC until either the kit says I am celiac positive, or the GC is longer enough to get blood tests

Thank s