Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

heather252

Severe Stomach Pain

Rate this topic

Hi all-

I am new on here and came across this site while on my google search for extreme stomach pain.  I guess it all started a few years ago with non specific complaints about random things.  After getting blown off from several Dr's I became incredibly frustrated.

Fast forward to the beginning of January 2016 and I started having extreme bloating on a daily basis in my abdomen along with discomfort, pain and lower back pain.  I have also started having bleeding of my gums, dandruff more recent, but for years have had irritability, headaches, anxiety and hormone issues.  On a daily basis I am in a lot of pain.  It is hard for me to eat anything now because I feel so sick after I eat.  My stomach hurts from being hungry too.  I finally saw a new Dr. and he thought it could celiac.  I had the blood test a week ago and still have not gotten the results.

I just want to cry and it is effecting my ability to work and be a mom.  Most nights I am laying on the couch from the pain of the extreme bloating.  This is my question....my stomach is really bloated (cannot fit into my clothes), hard, burning in my stomach, and sharp pains in my lower stomach (just above my pubic bone) and it feels like my stomach will rip open at any moment.  Has anyone else felt this?

Desperate-

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Heather, 

I am having an endoscope on Friday, so I've not yet been diagnosed. But, yes, I have had many similar symptoms on and off for years, all of which worsened in the fall with a stressful medical situation with my guy.

I suggest you check back with your doctor as soon a possible to obtain your results. 

Join eNewsletter

Welcome to the forum!  Many of us can relate to your symptoms.  But, the celiac blood panel, an endoscopy taking four to six biopsies can help diagnose celiac disease.  This is a good time to research celiac disease and the University of Chicago Celiac website is a great place to start.  They are one of the leading researchers in the U.S. and have a pretty good website.  

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/medical-professionals/guide/diagnosis

The important thing is to keep eating gluten until ALL testing is done even if you suspect celiac disease.  Let us know how it goes.  If positive, your first-degree relatives will need to be tested even if they are symptom free.  Many doctors often just order a TTG IgA and the IgA deficiency test as an initial screening (cheapest and most effective), but if my doctor had not ordered the entire panel, my diagnosis would have been missed.  So, if your TTG is negative, you should ask for the rest of the panel before ruling out celiac disease.  

Hang in there!  I know that you feel bad and  the responsibility of small children is difficult when you feel so bad.    Can you get someone to help you out?  Prepare a few meals for you?  I used to belong to a MOMS club and we always pitched in when a new baby arrived or when the family was ill.

Hugs!  Ask away, we are here to help each other!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter