Manveer

I have a Scope in nearly two weeks! Please answer my question.

Rate this topic

Hi, I have an endoscopy on July 7th, and I wanna know accurately how much wheat (gluten) I should be eating prior to the scope. My doctor said 1 bagel would be fine, but sometimes I don't eat a bagel and eat 2 Roti's (chapati's) instead. Is that enough prior to scope for accurate results! Please answer my question as soon as possible. 

Edited by Manveer

1 hour ago, Manveer said:

Hi, I have an endoscopy on June 7th, and I wanna know accurately how much wheat (gluten) I should be eating prior to the scope. My doctor said 1 bagel would be fine, but sometimes I don't eat a bagel and eat 2 Roti's (chapati's) instead. Is that enough prior to scope for accurate results! Please answer my question as soon as possible. 

You have already had your scope????

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge/

Edited by kareng

I think the OP must have mis-typed & the endoscopy is on July 7th instead of June 7th. 

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge/

I have been told you need to be eating gluten for a solid 4-6 weeks. I was gluten free for just a few weeks then ate it for 5 days prior to my testing and I believe I got a false negative. I have a follow up with my Dr. You may want to reschedule and increase your gluten intake if you need to to make sure you get accurate results. I messed up :-(

The Univerity of Chicago is recommending about 1 to 2 slices of bread daily for two to four weeks prior to an endoscopy. (See Karen's link.)  You can substitute with other more yummier gluten-containing products like pasta and cake!  

You are cutting it close.  You will not get an accurate celiac  blood test because that requires 8  to  12 weeks.  Can you tell us more?  Why did you go gluten free?