Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
razzle5150

question about the rash

Rate this topic

once  you get the the rash and it heals up does it keep coming back.......  I went to dermatologist and got all healed up from the rash and now I have broken out several times since. does that happen.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It takes a bit of time for antibodies to leave the skin. Very tiny amounts of gluten will reactivate them and iodine will also keep the lesions active.  Some need to avoid all iodine in foods. Personally I just needed to drop iodized salt but others will also avoid sea foods, sea weed etc.  Making sure that any shampoos and lotions etc are gluten-free is also a good idea, especially if you have open sores.

Be patient and be really strict and the antibodies will resolve but it does take time.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

8 hours ago, razzle5150 said:

well I went to a resturant Golden corral and watched really close as to what I ate , but evidentually something was cross contaminated .... Its a cafeteria type resturant. thanks guys

I am sorry that you were glutened.  I checked the Golden Corral website.  They do say that they can not really accommodate those with allergies.  My advice?  Never eat out at a buffet.  Select only those restaurants that have been reviewed by a celiac (you can use a reliable source like "Find Me Gluten Free"  and read the reviews insuring a celiac wrote it and not some gluten-free weightloss dieter! ).  Eat at a expensive restaurant and talk to the head chef (worth every penny).  Read the restaurants website!  

The last time I was at a buffet, I excused myself to go out to my car and ate my safe food from my cooler.  I was with the Girl Scouts (left plenty of chaperones with these teens).  At buffets you have to worry about employees and patrons cross contaminating the food, not to mention suppliers!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed