This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Lotions

ILOVEOMC

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

What are some nonfragrant lotions to use that are gluten-free? Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Burt't Bees' is wonder full. I also use Lubriderm which is also good (not the oats)

Hope this will help

Guest nini

I use Kiss My Face Unscented for Sensitive Skin, Aloe and Olive Oil...

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

We use California Baby, Sensitive Skin body lotion. :)

Open Original Shared Link

Jnkmnky Collaborator

We use St. Ive's collagen elastin. It's the red white and blue bottle. Love the stuff. It has fragrance, but some of the other St. Ive's may not. I love their stuff. Cheap but good. Also love Clay Aiken's Christmas song, "Mary did you know". I just downloaded it onto my iPod. :D

jenvan Collaborator

really gentle, non fragrant lotions--Open Original Shared Link super sensitive is great--esp made for kids and babies!

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Vasoline lotion is gluten free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

PicturePerfect Explorer

Anyone know of Bath and Body Works lotion being gluten-free?

jerseyangel Proficient

Sorry--I don't know about the Vaseline or B & Bodyworks. I wanted to suggest the lotion from The Gluten Free Savonnerie. It is produced in a gluten-free facility and is very mild and creamy with no scent at all. My hands get very dry and chapped in the winter especially. Most, if not all lotions I have tried always made my hands sting when applied. The GFS lotion does not sting and does not leave my hands greasy. For a child with Celiac (where hands may go frequently in the mouth) I think this would be ideal. I actually use it on my eyelid where I have eczema.

jenvan Collaborator

Lisa-

I thought most Bath and Body Works lotions had oats in them... therefore they aren't gluten-free. I can't account for all their lotions, so perhaps there is one that is okay, but I think most have the oats in them.

eeyor-fan Contributor
Burt't Bees' is wonder full. I also use Lubriderm which is also good (not the oats)

Hope this will help

Be careful with Burts Bees...they cannot gurantee their product lines. I used one of their gluten-free products (from their list) and I had a rash for over a week. With more inquiry they admited that they do not clean their lines between products and gluten containing products are run on the same lines...see the same type of debate over "Dove" under new posts. I highly recommend www.tropicaltraditions.com all their products are gluten-free there is zero chance of cross contamination and they even have a scent free lotion for people with severe allergies...It's the one I use now!

Hugs

Bridget

PicturePerfect Explorer
Lisa-

I thought most Bath and Body Works lotions had oats in them... therefore they aren't gluten-free. I can't account for all their lotions, so perhaps there is one that is okay, but I think most have the oats in them.

Thanks! I'll e-mail them just to be sure... their lotions smell so good!

Lisa

jenvan Collaborator

Bridge-

so burt's doesn't even attempt at cleaning off their lines between? well, what the hell? that's idiotic!

AN616 Rookie

I read on delphi forums that the vasoline intensive ones are gluten free,double check though because I don't have it pulled up in front of me. Hope that helps you!

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Cetaphil is gluten-free. There was a post by JerseyAngel (I think) wondering about it--her bottle didn't have an 800 # on it. Mine did, I called and was told that U.S. and Canada have the same manufacturing plant, and that most items are gluten free. I have to find the post. Hang on a sec.

Open Original Shared Link

Okay, there's the link and here's the comment in case the link doesn't work:

He said that all the products in both Canada and the U.S. are manufactured at the same facility and that they are all gluten free EXCEPT something called Capex - a prescription shampoo (which judging by sales, almost no one is being prescribed he says).

He also said that he gets lots of calls from people wanting more "natural" ingredients in the products and he said that he tells them sometimes natural is not necessarily better for some people.

His name was Todd and I reached him at 1-800-467-2081. That number is for Galderma Canada, I don't know if they can give you a contact number for the states if you want to contact them yourselves.

Carriefaith Enthusiast
I read on delphi forums that the vasoline intensive ones are gluten free,double check though because I don't have it pulled up in front of me. Hope that helps you!
Thank you very much. I'll look into that.
tasha Apprentice

I emailed the people at Vasoline, it is gluten free, as well as their lip chap.

tarnalberry Community Regular

ShiKai makes a "Dry Skin Therapy" lotion that's marketed towards diabetics and those with eczema. Moving from a nice, 70-80% humidity southern california where I never use heating to a 35-40% humidity because you're always using heating seattle has done a number on my skin, but this stuff is great. It's gluten-free, fragrance free, and absorbs well with just a little massaging in. (And usually, I don't think that lotions that others tell me "absorb well" do that!) It's pricey, but better, by far, than any other lotion around. I won't give up my Alba Organics body butter (mmm... papaya mango body butter...), but this stuff is better for the really bad situations. I can even tell that my skin is less dry 12 hours after using it (which is good for me!!).

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Tiffany,

Does Alba have many gluten-free products? I went to their website and the papaya mango looks so good. :)

tarnalberry Community Regular
Tiffany,

Does Alba have many gluten-free products? I went to their website and the papaya mango looks so good. :)

Most of their products are gluten free. A few may not be, but I don't recall which. I use their green tea and aloe facial moisturizer (I usually hate facial moisturizers en masse) and the body butters (both papaya mango and kukui nut). I haven't tried many of their regular line, but the ingredients will list wheat fairly plainly if it's in there. As I recall, oat is more likely. But the ShiKai lotion is better than the body butter on a regular basis. (I'll use the body butter if I'm looking to "wear purfume", because I don't particularly like perfume either. :-) )

Carriefaith Enthusiast
I emailed the people at Vasoline, it is gluten free, as well as their lip chap.
Thanks! :)
jenvan Collaborator

Tiffany--good to hear on some alba products. i've wondered on them for a while. really want to try some of the avalon organics. love you all natural girls :) fyi--read a note in one of my mags recently that avalon is now phasing out all parabens out of their products. ...incase anyone is interested in that ;)

kevsmom Contributor

Carrie -

I emailed Vaseline and their reply was:

Hi,

Thank you for writing!

Vaseline Intensive Care lotions do not contain gluten.

We hope this helps!

Vaseline Consumer Services

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 12:18 PM

To: CA-LP-Tor, Spcl-ConsumerCentre

Subject: Home and Personal Care related enquiry

Cindy :)

Carriefaith Enthusiast
Carrie -

I emailed Vaseline and their reply was:

Hi,

Thank you for writing!

Vaseline Intensive Care lotions do not contain gluten.

We hope this helps!

Vaseline Consumer Services

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 12:18 PM

To: CA-LP-Tor, Spcl-ConsumerCentre

Subject: Home and Personal Care related enquiry

Thanks so much. I love their lotions.

danikali Enthusiast

Just wondering if Jergans ulta healing lotion is gluten free? Anyone know? I can't find the answer anywhere!

Archived