Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

pdm1981

Sugar and Mayo?

Rate this topic

I've given up on all those processed gluten free foods out there and have stuck to eating a whole foods diet. I have noticed such a huge, massive, difference in my energy, mood, sleep, and well being. Needless to say I've been doing a lot of cooking but have been leaving sugar out because I don't know the safe brands. I tried using Stevia in the raw but keep getting horrible headaches when I use it. I saw that the first ingredient is Dextrose so it's not "raw". Anyway, what are the safe brands out there as far as white and brown sugars go? I made saurkraut and pork chops last night and would've loved potato salad. Also while I'm on here, what about Mayo? What's safe? I saw Sir Kennsington was gluten-free Certified.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Pyure brand stevia, and have no problems with it.

Kroger store brand sugar seems fine too.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

I use Swirve Sweetener, Pyure , Xlear brand Xylitol, and for a mayo sub I use Walden Farms, There was a avocado oil based one I use sometimes forgot the name.  >.> I can not have sugars due to UC. But I might suggest using Big Tree Coconut Sugar for a deep rich low glycemic sugar. I still use them in my bakery.

I will admit some stuff with dextrose, etc. bothers me....funny how it is only some brands and not others. Yet they can both be gluten-free, I think it might have something to do with the processing method and me reacting to something else in it.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter

Sugars are all gluten-free. You may have a reaction to a particular sugar (fructose is common), but it is not because of gluten.

Mayonnaise is gluten- free to start,  but flavors that contain gluten could be added. Not very likely,  but conceivable. I wouldn't worry about mayo.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Best Foods or Hellman's on the East Oast is Gluten free.  You can make your own too!  Easy!  

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/mayonnaise-recipe

I buy any brand of sugar.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter