Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Your TTG IGA is less than 2. That test says no celiac. Your IGA is 148 and is normal. So the first test is a good test.

There are other tests for celiac. A positive on any one of them would mean you should get an endoscopy/biopsy to verify celiac. Those tests are:

TTG IGG

DGP IGA

DGP IGG

EMA

CYA: I'm not a doc

Join eNewsletter

25 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Your TTG IGA is less than 2. That test says no celiac. Your IGA is 148 and is normal. So the first test is a good test.

There are other tests for celiac. A positive on any one of them would mean you should get an endoscopy/biopsy to verify celiac. Those tests are:

TTG IGG

DGP IGA

DGP IGG

EMA

CYA: I'm not a doc

Ok thanks so much for answering. I was freaking out because I couldn't understand it and the doctor is closed already. I had never thought I had celiac but when I looked up the symptoms I was even more worried because I have them all. 

Join eNewsletter

This paper does not show the entire celiac panel, just a small part of it. Do you know if they did more than what is on the paper?

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

14 minutes ago, squirmingitch said:

This paper does not show the entire celiac panel, just a small part of it. Do you know if they did more than what is on the paper?

This is all that I have. I wasn't even aware I was being tested for Celiac. He told me he needed to take blood to make sure I was digesting and absorbing nutrients properly and to run a battery of tests. I assume this is just a part of the tests that were performed. 

Join eNewsletter

Learn more about celiac disease testing here:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

This talks about celiac disease and the risks of developing it (e.g. Already having an autoimmune disorder or a family member with celiac disease):

https://familydoctor.org/condition/celiac-disease/

The TTG test is a good test, but it does not catch all celiacs (I always test negative to the TTG).    If you and your GI still suspect celiac disease, you should get the DGP and EMA tests.  Since you are not IgA deficient, the IgA versions should be fine.  Note that some celiacs are seronegative (no antibodies).  If celiac disease is ruled out FOR SURE, you might be gluten sensitive, but not have intestinal damage.  This is called Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance.  The "cure" is a gluten free diet (like celiac disease).  

This algorithm goes over testing:

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/Celiac_Disease_Diagnostic_Testing_Algorithm.pdf

Your doctor may order an endoscopy to check for other things like SIBO, ulcers, H. Pylori, etc.  he may want to check for celiac disease anyway (you could be seronegative).  In any case, do NOT settle!  Something is wrong!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

6 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Learn more about celiac disease testing here:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

This talks about celiac disease and the risks of developing it (e.g. Already having an autoimmune disorder or a family member with celiac disease):

https://familydoctor.org/condition/celiac-disease/

The TTG test is a good test, but it does not catch all celiacs (I always test negative to the TTG).    If you and your GI still suspect celiac disease, you should get the DGP and EMA tests.  Since you are not IgA deficient, the IgA versions should be fine.  Note that some celiacs are seronegative (no antibodies).  If celiac disease is ruled out FOR SURE, you might be gluten sensitive, but not have intestinal damage.  This is called Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance.  The "cure" is a gluten free diet (like celiac disease).  

This algorithm goes over testing:

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/Celiac_Disease_Diagnostic_Testing_Algorithm.pdf

Your doctor may order an endoscopy to check for other things like SIBO, ulcers, H. Pylori, etc.  he may want to check for celiac disease anyway (you could be seronegative).  In any case, do NOT settle!  Something is wrong!  

Ugh, now I am back to square one. I was thinking 'whew, no celiac disease.' Now i can't be sure. What I think I will do is start removing gluten from my diet and see if it helps. 

Join eNewsletter

Sorry, I saw that the EMA test was run and it was negative.  Still, I personally tested negative to that one as well.  Talk to your doctor first before going gluten free.  You need to be on a gluten diet for even the endoscopy/biopsies to work.  He still might want to do the endoscopy to rule out other issues.  If everything is okay, then consider the gluten-free diet.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter