Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
2 2
Posterboy

Unique antibody profile differentiates people between non celiac gluten sensitivity aka NCGS and Celiac disease

Rate this topic

To All,

I came across this new research recently.  Again I know Celiac.com will run/feature an article on it soon......

So this is just to get the conversation started.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200831/Unique-antibody-profile-differentiates-people-with-non-celiac-gluten-sensitivity.aspx

I think the title/article will explain itself.

I hope everybody is staying healthy.

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advise.

Posterboy,

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, and this is great news in many respects. We'll be doing a summary soon, but it's now accepted that gluten sensitivity exists...for a long time it's existence has been considered speculative by the medical community. Now it appears that they will soon be able to screen for it, which may help finally answer questions for the ~12% people who have it, but don't have celiac disease (only 1%).

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

22 hours ago, Scott Adams said:

Yes, and this is great news in many respects. We'll be doing a summary soon, but it's now accepted that gluten sensitivity exists...for a long time it's existence has been considered speculative by the medical community. Now it appears that they will soon be able to screen for it, which may help finally answer questions for the ~12% people who have it, but don't have celiac disease (only 1%).

Scott,

I think it might be from being low in Riboflavin.

See this thread....I remember when IL-2 was found to trigger gut reactions in Celiac's....

So I went looking to see what Vitamin(s) if any could help regulate Cytokines in the body and it turns out this is common in (Ribo)flavin deficient individuals.

I created a thread about it back then.....but no body seem interested in it.

But here it is again if anybody wants to peruse the original thread and research on Riboflavin....

A distinct clinical picture is coming into view that shows B1/B2/B3 working synergistically to down regulate inflammation in animal bodies.

See this recent research entitled "Vitamin B combination reduces fluconazole toxicity in Wistar rats"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30903555/

As always I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advise.

Posterboy,

I have no doubt that certain vitamin deficiencies can trigger long-term illness, and perhaps even autoimmune diseases. We’ll continue to publish any research that demonstrates this.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com