This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

bigmouthaj

bigmouthaj Rookie

Hello I’ve had gluten sensitivity diagnosed for a few years now, unfortunately I wasn’t smart and I kept eating gluten non stop. Now I believe I’m reaping the effects of this. But I’m curious if anyone else has these symptoms? 

it’s hard to use the restroom to poop, it hurts real bad and it results in hemorrhoids. I’ve had 3 hemorrhoids that haven’t gone away for awhile now. Also when I pee, it burns. And my urethra seems to burn usually all the time. I pee constantly. Even when it’s just a drop I feel the need to go at Least 5 times while in bed. 

I have bad skin issues but wanted to know if gluten makes them worse? I have eczema and psoriasis. But recently have developed psoriasis on my genitals in the skin folds.

just curious if anyone else gets these symptoms. Really need answers here. I have pure o Ocd and these symptoms are driving me insane. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

trents Grand Master

Seems like you have answered your own questions for the most part. I don't think there is anything to do except make a serious commitment to eating gluten free. All of the symptoms you describe could be related directly or indirectly to your gluten sensitivity. Your body is rebelling against your resistance to doing what you should have done years ago and that is eliminate gluten from your diet. Now there is a cascade of things going wrong. Not saying all of your problems are gluten related but this would seem to be the place to start in order to sort things out.

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease?

Have you been checked for diabetes?

Have you been checked for a bladder infection?

Edited by trents
bigmouthaj Rookie

I was checked for bladder infection and celiac. I had no infection, and I have gluten sensitivity not celiac. This was 3 years ago. Same symptoms as now. 

knitty kitty Grand Master

bigmouthaj,

Having "gluten sensitivity" is comparable to "being a little bit pregnant."  If you keep ingesting gluten, your problems are going to get bigger.

Your "gluten sensitivity" causes malabsorption of vitamins and minerals.  You need to be checked for vitamin and mineral deficiencies as part of proper follow up care.

Deficiency in Riboflavin (vitamin B2) can cause that scaly genital rash.

Deficiency of magnesium can cause that constipation.  Vitamin C will help the hemorrhoids.

Deficiency of niacin (vitamin B3) can cause the psoriasis and eczema.  You may also be deficient in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Omega 3's which are needed for skin health.

Deficiency of Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 and thiamine (vitamin B1) can cause the urinary urge and the burning.

OCD is a manifestation of B12 deficiency.  You also need tryptophan, folate, thiamine and pyridoxine (vitamin B6) to make those feel good neurotransmitters like  serotonin and dopamine.

Please get checked for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.  Talk to your doctor about supplementing to correct any deficiencies.  Talk to a nutritionist or dietitian about incorporating nutrition dense foods into your diet.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Hope this helps!