Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
2 2
wtf

Gluten-free diet

Rate this topic

Hi,

I've gone gluten free for a week now and immediately my diarrhea has stopped, they are much firmer now and my bloating is much better. I noticed before going gluten free the more liquid I would drink the worst it would be. 

However, I am having to relieve myself a lot more often. I am not sure why, it seems like food passes through my digestion system really fast and doesn't combine. I would love to go more regularly only once or twice a day. I am not sure what I can do here, does anyone have any recommendations? 

I haven't been officially tested for gluten free but I think I am definitely sensitive to it, mainly have noticed this when consuming a lot of beer having really bad diarrhea the next day and this didn't happen when I drank something gluten free like cider. 

Thank you 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Best to get back on gluten and ask your doctor for a celiac blood test.  If you are gluten free, all celiac testing is invalid.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed

11 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Best to get back on gluten and ask your doctor for a celiac blood test.  If you are gluten free, all celiac testing is invalid.  

Thank you, I will do that.

I'm new to this, is gluten sensitivity the same as intolerance? If a test came back negative could I still be sensitive to gluten or would this be picked up on a test? Thanks 

There is celiac disease, Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, and a wheat allergy.  There are no tests for Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (used to be called Intolerance).  The diagnosis comes from exclusion of celiac disease (gluten: wheat, barley and rye). and wheat allergies (think anaphylactic reactions, hives, selling, etc).  

Ask for a full panel if possible and know that some celiacs are seronegative. If negative, push for a G consult anyway.  You can remain gluten free as the diet works, but staying gluten free for life, can be super hard without a diagnosis.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed