Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
4 4
DJFL77I

Worthless Doctors

Rate this topic

Had a blood test done like 3 weeks ago to check my anti body levels after being gluten free for like 4.5 months...  

still haven't gotten a call about results...  even after leaving 2 messages... 

I already have my results online but still.... not everyone gets their results online...

Doctors are completely worthless chit these days

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

decent enough i guess..  antibody level dropped from 100+ down to 13...

thyroid function normal..

blood work all normal besides my liver enzyms still being off..  which i suppose has still not normalized yet because of the celiac since i've already had every test in the book done on it in the past all negative..........    and Dr did say that was very common with celiac..

Yes, liver issues are fairly common, and if related, can go away on a gluten-free diet. Here are the articles we have on the topic:

https://www.celiac.com/articles.html/celiac-disease-amp-related-diseases-and-disorders/liver-disease-and-celiac-disease/ 

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

well the nurse finally called...

said celiac disease is still active ( obviously )......  continue strict gluten free diet..  ( obviously )

now the Dr wants me to get a MRI of my abdomen even though I already had a CT scan of my entire abdomen earlier this year with my previous Dr... before the endoscopy..

joy..

On 12/11/2020 at 4:59 PM, DJFL77I said:

well the nurse finally called...

said celiac disease is still active ( obviously )......  continue strict gluten free diet..  ( obviously )

now the Dr wants me to get a MRI of my abdomen even though I already had a CT scan of my entire abdomen earlier this year with my previous Dr... before the endoscopy..

joy..

Try a totally grain free diet and do not eat any commercially prepared gluten-free food.  Even though they say they are gluten-free, they are still allowed to contain 20ppm.  A gluten-free cookie here, a gluten-free pretzel there and a bowl of gluten-free Cereal and the gluten adds up fast.  I found that going grain free was what finally allowed my gut and skin to heal.  I only use almond and coconut flour.

I'm not concerned about the antibody levels..   they dropped significantly..  they don't necessarily have to reach 0 in 5 months...   I did eat out 4 times at dedicated gluten free places during those months.. so who knows if i got some contamination somewhere... 

anyway, i have the MRI on Dec 24'th at 6 am..   Merry Christmas to me!

I think he wants to see my liver again because of the elevated enzymes.. theyr not super high but they've always been a bit elevated since diagnoses.. and always ALT.. other one is always normal or just barely elevated..

My previous Dr already took all the tests related to liver though and everything was negative.. and my previous ct scan saw nothing wrong with liver..

Pretty sure it's still the Celiac causing it..