Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Gluten Free Krispy Kreme Donuts (The Copycat)

Rate this topic

Equipment Co-Nut pan\1/14 Cups Bob's Red Mill "One To ONE" gluten-free FLOUR 

1/4 cup flaxseed meal  {But if it is not in cupboard right now you can make these 

Do-Nuts with  the Red Mill :One to One: Flour,

1 1/2 tsp.baking powder        1/4 tsp. baking soda

1.4 tsp cream of tartar            1/4 tsp. salt

2/3  cups sugar                        8 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted and cooled)

1 tsp. vanilla                             2 eggs (whites separated)

1 Cup of milk   (some people use coconut milk, same amount)

**This is the only time I have really noticed how different the gluten free flours are from 

each of our distributors.  Bob;s Red Milk "1 - 1} BAKING FLOUR I do not know whether

it is the Red Mill gluten-free Flour or the unsalted butter, melted and cooled that makes the inside

of these donuts so similar to a cream filling.

HEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees  ~~ Spray Donut pan with cooking spray

In a large bowl whisk together the first seven dry ingredients, flour through to sugar

in a small bowl whisk the whisk together the melted and cooled butter. Make a well ln the center

of dry ingredients and pout in, Mix gently for about a minute or two with a fork., You are just trying

to get them a bit thicker so they add some fluffiness to the donuts.

Add egg whites to mixture and stir just until mixed.

Transfer mixture to a Ziploc bag and fur the corner tip off. This makes  it easy to pipe into the donut pan.

Fill each well 3/4 full without covering the middle section. If you do, your donuts won't have a hole.

Cook for about 6 - 10 mins.  And mine were ready in about 10 mins. knowing that, after last disasters

I sat by the oven window! Don't allow them to burn at edges.

Allow to coo completely before glazing.  For  icing mix the powdered sugar with t he desired amount of milk.

More milk will make icing runny. Mix well, and color some donuts a different for, for example. a yellow icing for Easter.

IMG_0879.JPG

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):