• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Just want to officially say hi to everyone and let them know this message board has been a huge help for me. I received my blood work results almost a week ago, and am awaiting my biopsy results, but the doc said for the most part, "You've got Celiac". So, I will trying to bring awareness to this disease among family and friends. I know my mom will not understand, and will be worried. Typical Jewish mom! :-) I am just looking forward to my first day of not having the trots and having a solid BM again.

I've found a support group but the next meeting is on June 1 (so over a month from now!). So until then, this board is my support.

Thanks everyone

Welcome to the group. I have been unable to make it to any of my support meetings because of when they are held. I am sure glad I have this place for support.

Hi Steve--I just wanted to welcome you in! :) You have come to the right place! Feel free to ask any questions that might come up along the way--and that goes for your mom, too :D If you need any help going gluten-free, just let us know.

Welcome to the group. It's a tough transition at first, but like all new skills, once you get the hang of it, it'll be easier. You've found a wonderful, supportive, informative, helpful bunch of people who'll have lots of information and support for you - and will welcome any information and support you have as well! :-)

Hi and welcome! I am still kind of new at this myself. I just wanted to let you know from my own experiences that this is a place full of wonderful people with some great advice. Any questions you might have you can ask here and someone somewhere will have somesort of answer. Its amazing! The support you receive here is golden. Again, welcome to our group!

Hi Steve - - this is a great place for questions and answers, really nice people. I am new also and pleased to report that my bowels "shaped up" nicely and pretty quickly on the gluten-free diet. Welcome!

Susan

Thanks, everyone. It's nice to have this kind of support. I can't imagine doing this without the Internet. I got a little scared today, since I am moving into the "unknown zone" but then I calmed down and realized, there is no reason to be scared. This is a healthy change, one I am in control of with my diet, so no reason to be scared.

Guest nini

welcome to this board! you will find all kinds of useful information here and lots of joking around and tons of emotional support! ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer!