This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Drive by --

Just got back from the grocery and thought of a movie Rachel and TheDave need to rent. Win a Date With Tad Hamilton -- it's about this grocery store manager that is afraid to tell an employee how he feels about her :lol::lol::lol: No kidding!

AAAAAAAAAAGH perfect!! forgot about that one!! :lol::lol::lol: But.....does Rachel have a really rich Tad Hamilton celebrity type in her life???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VydorScope Proficient

You gals are sure funny. I am HIGHLY doubting anyone in this thread is realy that niave about men and woman... your just "playing" the game (THANK THE LORD IM MARRIED AND OFF THAT FIELD!!!). :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Drive by --

Just got back from the grocery and thought of a movie Rachel and TheDave need to rent. Win a Date With Tad Hamilton -- it's about this grocery store manager that is afraid to tell an employee how he feels about her :lol::lol::lol: No kidding!

Your kidding! :o I know you said you weren't.

I don't watch movies. :ph34r: Rachel, be sure to tell me about this movie.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
You gals are sure funny. I am HIGHLY doubting anyone in this thread is realy that niave about men and woman... your just "playing" the game (THANK THE LORD IM MARRIED AND OFF THAT FIELD!!!). :lol:

Yes, you are blesssed Vincent to be out of that arena....I find I am not so naive in older years...there is a man who says he REALLY just wants to be friends with me....."I'm no threat to you, Susan..." and every time I see him, at the University's nusery, we talk quite a while and he always wants me to call him.....but I just know, and have intimated at same, that he isn't JUST interested in friendship.....and I can't deal with letting him down. It is sad, as would love to have more male friends at this time. AT LEAST for helping me dig holes in the garden in this hardpan clay...... :P

Stomach is greatly troubling me today....don't know why. feeling utterly crappy and probably wont' get much done today. oh well......

Green12 Enthusiast
Drive by --

I love Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, such a cute movie!!

Yes, you are blesssed Vincent to be out of that arena....I find I am not so naive in older years...there is a man who says he REALLY just wants to be friends with me....."I'm no threat to you, Susan..." and every time I see him, at the University's nusery, we talk quite a while and he always wants me to call him.....but I just know, and have intimated at same, that he isn't JUST interested in friendship.....and I can't deal with letting him down. It is sad, as would love to have more male friends at this time. AT LEAST for helping me dig holes in the garden in this hardpan clay...... :P

Stomach is greatly troubling me today....don't know why. feeling utterly crappy and probably wont' get much done today. oh well......

Hi Susie Q!

I'm so sorry your stomach is giving you fits today, I hope it settles down soon.

Have you, or any of you, seen Under the Tuscan Sun? One of my favorite movies ever, I love the messages: live your life spherically in all directions, never lose your child enthusiasm, and I love the "ladybug" analogy, when trying so hard to find them they never come, then when you aren't looking they appear. She gets the man in the end :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Have you had nuggets recently?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Julie -

I do love that Tuscan movie....really cute. Made me sob when I went to see it as missed Tuscany so much and I think I left part of my soul in that country - and fear I"ll never be back..... :(

Andrea - no nuggetts. :angry: Last night ate some chips - corn, oil, and salt - and guacamole that I THINK I've had before. Today - all symptoms of glutening. Am sticking close to the toilet. blah. So probably not going to lunch today...... :huh: will dye the grey roots and putter around the house. Yawn. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie -

I do love that Tuscan movie....really cute. Made me sob when I went to see it as missed Tuscany so much and I think I left part of my soul in that country - and fear I"ll never be back..... :(

Andrea - no nuggetts. :angry: Last night ate some chips - corn, oil, and salt - and guacamole that I THINK I've had before. Today - all symptoms of glutening. Am sticking close to the toilet. blah. So probably not going to lunch today...... :huh: will dye the grey roots and putter around the house. Yawn. :(

You've been to Tuscany?? You lucky duck, of course I haven't been many places so I am always fascinated hearing about travel. You must tell us what it is like. Why can't you get back there?

What brand of corn chips did you eat? A couple months ago I ate the, I think it was Mission brand chips (the gluten-free brand you can get at the main stream groceries) and they ripped my stomach apart something fierce.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hi Julie! The corn chips were from TArget - I think Archer Farms and they should be fine. I am pretty sure it was the guac - there is vinegar in it - - for the life of me I can't remember the vinegar situation and what is safe. But I really thought I've had this guac before - who knows.

Northern Italy is my favorite place in the world.....sigh. When I was 19 went with family, one week to London when Charles and Di got married - unbelievable. England was overrun with joy and exuberance and it was magic to be there. And then onto Athens and a two-week cruise on Mediterranean coast. I'd already had five years of french at this point and one semester of Italian - I sobbed when we left the port of Livorno and vowed I"d be back - one day in Italy was just enough to torture me completely. Two years later I went back, fluent in French and Italian, half a summer in Italy on an art history trip through Fresno STate. Just incredible. the rolling hills of Tuscan countryside and the ancient, stone buildings just take your breath away.....and the sight or smell of a blood orange will instantly transport me back to the first time I ever had them - about 6 a.m. near the River Arno on an early and rainy morning walk. I ate like an absolute pig on that trip....but lost about 10 pounds and had shin splints the first few weeks from SO much walking....at least 10 miles or more every day. We had to walk to Vivoli's - or Vivace's - can't remember name - for the most unbelievable gelatto in the world - THREE times a day for the ice cream - the morning was a fruit ice - then a creamy one in afternoon and again at 11 pm...... :lol:

Guess what....I was on an extremely constipating medication at the time and not quite eating enough produce or drinking enough water....I think I pooped once a week in Italy...... :ph34r: quite a painful trip on some levels :lol:

Life was so glamorous back then.....and full of promise. I don't think I'll ever go back because I don't see how I"ll ever afford it at this rate. :( \

Everybody/anybody.....tell us about YOUR dream trip (or the one you wish to take) so we can all live vicariously.....

Sheesh sorry guys :o - - am just really down right now. Carry on....

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Sorry you can't trace your health problems to one thing. I think you are more like me in that it's a lot of inter-related, sub-clinical things making you very sick.

Thats the thing though...I *can* trace everything back to one thing. The dental work I had done in Sept. 2002. The only other question in my mind was whether I got Lyme from my camping trip that same month. Now that its been ruled out and I've had every other test imaginable...I think finally the new Dr. will be concentrating on what I've been saying from the beginning. I got sick from the dental work....there was nothing wrong with me prior to that.

As a result there will be alot of sub-clinical things going on but from what I've read about mercury....it will cause all of these things. I suppose it would depend on the level of toxicity but everything I've read says that the body WONT naturally rid itself of mercury....it needs to be chelated. It would take decades for the body to natuarlly eliminate mercury that has reached toxic levels.

This is something I've learned from trying to "rid" myself of candida and from spending alot of time on candida message boards....you cant get rid of the "symptoms" until you find the cause. I noticed that all these people were *only* treating their candida and spending years doing it...I have YET to see someone fully recover. Something told me this was NOT the answer...so thats when I really started researching. I believe candida and all these other things that can go wrong are a direct result of a compromised immune system. We dont just wake up one day with all these problems for no good reason....something is causing it. Something is putting such a strain on the immune system that it cant deal with normal stressors that we encounter everyday. This is what my doctors had explained to me as well. There is always an uderlying cause and you can treat the symptoms of that underlying cause with lifestyle changes, diet, relaxation techniques, etc....but as soon as you stray from this lifestyle the symptoms will return.

The problem is still there....its undiagnosed and until its found the food problems and everything else will remain the same. All we can do is be extra careful with how we live and its possible to feel somewhat normal. For me...the diet changes have been the single most effective form of treatment thus far. If not for that I'd still be unable to work and most likely bedridden.

I dont want to spend my life worrying about every chemical and food that I come in contact with....thats why its so important for me to find the right Dr. who will acknowledge what I'm saying when I say I feel that I *know* whats made me sick. I think this new Dr. is the one. He'll be the one to test me. He's the one who wrote down every last detail about what happened with my dental work and everything that occurred up to the point of having all the amalgam removed. He also knows the mercury free dentist who removed the last 2 fillings...he knows him and likes him. The mercury free dentist was the very first person to tell me I would not get better without very strict diet changes....all orgnanic. I trust these Dr.'s....they know what they're talking about and I also believe that he made the right decision in testing me for Lyme first....since its important to know and only a blooddraw to find out.

I can remember alot of what happened after they started with the dental work. I can clearly recall going to the park after work with a co-worker. We had brought with us a 6-pack of beer. He had a bad-boy reputation and I was not naive about the fact that he wanted one thing. OK...so I'm not always totally clueless. ;)

I wasnt interested but was feeling rebelious cuz I was in a relationship where there was no trust. Soooo...being the "brainiac" that I am I made things a whole lot worse by going to the park with this guy. :rolleyes:

Anyways...I had 2 beers and a cigarette. This was before I quit smoking and I used to smoke about a pack a day. When I got home I did NOT feel right at all. It felt like I'd had alot more than just 2 beers and even the cigarette had made me feel sick. This had never happened to me before and since then I am unable to drink or even have one cigarette without feeling poisoned. This was about 2 days after they had drilled out 2 amalgam fillings. I remember my co-worker offerring me a piece of gum at the park....I told him I couldnt chew gum cuz they had removed my fillings and I only had temporary's in that day.

Later when I got home a big fight ensued with my partner cuz of my stupidity and rebellious ways. :ph34r:

The stress from the arguement made me feel even sicker and I still wasnt right from the beer and cigarette. I knew that I felt really weird and I couldn't even "participate" in the arguement cuz my body just didnt seem like it was handling the stress well at all and my head was pounding. Ever since then I cannot deal with any amount of stress.

All of this was happening immediately after the amalgam removal and the best was yet to come. Once the dentist put the gold crowns in (above my remaining amalgams) things got a whole lot worse for me. I feel like this is the underlying cause of my illness...

Either that or my ex started poisoning me with something cuz I was rebelling.... :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor

Sometimes reminiscing has some sad parts. Enjoy the beautiful memories. You're not being a downer. I just went through a down period over the weekend, when it was super slow here. We're here for you....pm me if you want to talk.

Sounds like a beautiful trip. I've never been out of the states, except for BC, Canada.

Either that or my ex started poisoning me with something cuz I was rebelling.... :unsure:

Somehow, I believe the poisoning from the dental work....not the ex, although stress can be poison enough. :ph34r:

I'm glad you are with a doctor that is working with you on this. :D

Daxin Explorer
Yea, you've made Vincent's point ... women think they are friends with men. :) I recently found out, from one of my many male friends in high school, that this is true. They're interested, they're just chicken. You think men are brave in that way, but theyr'e not, they're afraid, especially when they really like someone. He's not going to come out and say that he's interested, because he'd rather have what he has with you than have nothing. This was from a very funny, outgoing, not shy guy I knew in HS and still am "friends" with today ... only today, I am quite sure we're just friends since I'm married!!! Am I right, Vincent (about the first part)?

Guys do not start out looking for friendships with women. I'm sorry but it's true. I have to agree with Vincent here. We are always interested, and that's that. Once we're married though, the rules change, and we are more able to be friends w/o wanting it to be more.

I also have to agree with everyone else that it's pretty obvious that someone has a crush on our president. :P

Serious note -- Rachel, I am glad you got an answer from some of your tests, and I also hope and pray that you don not have mercury toxicity! Hopefully you get an answer soon. At least when you know one way or another, the stress of NOT knowing wil be gone.

Have to run for now and finish reading.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Rachel OMG could the ex have poisoned you!!!???

:o:o:o

Daxin Explorer

For the effects of poisiong from the ex to begin to show themselves, you would have had to have been rebellious for a longtime. (Due to the fact it would take time to build up in your system)

I hope that sentence made sense, because it was hard to type (stupid verb tenses)!

TheDave Newbie

You guys are absolutely killine me! :lol::rolleyes:

-Dave

DingoGirl Enthusiast
You guys are absolutely killine me! :lol::rolleyes:

-Dave

uh oh.....

The Dave is reading our gossip!!!

:o:lol::ph34r::o:lol::ph34r:

VydorScope Proficient

Rach, I have a TON of those sliver fillings, lost track aroun 25 or so... and I have some of the white ones. Are the white ones just as bad?

TheDave, we are just trying to help :P

AndreaB Contributor

Dave,

See what happens when you take such a long break from us. :lol::ph34r:

Vincent,

The white ones aren't a problem unless you are allergic to the materials used in them. :blink:

Guest melannen

OK, I've been lurking/skimming the last few pages, and you all seem like quite a fun bunch, so I'm going to jump in (hope you don't mind). I only hope I can keep up :)

Northern Italy is my favorite place in the world.....

I've not been to Tuscany but I've been to Venice and Trieste! It was about 2 years ago, I was 18 and touring with an orchestra. We spent a month in Europe (England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, and France). It was heaven!! I ate gelato several times a day too (one of our hotels was NEXT DOOR to a fabulous gelato shop :D) Hazelnut was my favorite!

AndreaB Contributor
OK, I've been lurking/skimming the last few pages, and you all seem like quite a fun bunch, so I'm going to jump in (hope you don't mind). I only hope I can keep up :)

We don't mind at all. We usually do better staying on topic. :P:unsure::D

If you have anything you'd like to present to the crowd to try and help out with, go ahead. :)

Guest melannen

Thanks! I'm not sure I can think of anything that would be on topic though :D;)

VydorScope Proficient
Thanks! I'm not sure I can think of anything that would be on topic though :D;)

This thread is mainly us helping each other with very serious health issues and occasional humor side track tossed in to keep everyone from getting sucidal... and of course helping Rach's love life :D

AndreaB Contributor

Yes,

Laughter is one of the best medicines. :D

Green12 Enthusiast

Welcome melannen :):)

Yes, jump right in. We cover a wide range of topics with a lot of (or sometimes just a little bit :lol: ) of scientificness.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Well howdy Melannen! Um, I think I"m the QUEEN of off-topic.... :ph34r:

Spent a week in Venice....OMG. Heaven. Trieste - - - I know I've been there and can't remember exactly where it was. All of it - the whole of the country - - is Heaven. Didn't spend much time in the southern part, though, except for the Isle of Capri. Don't even get me started..........

Archived