This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Yes, Kudos for The Dave keeping you from Racheling your ice cream.

What a nice friend.....at least as far as we are concerned.....you may feel differently if he won't let you have your ice cream indulgence. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I know like nothing about lyme's, with all your research do you think it is right, or just another thing to knock of the list?

I think its a very good possibility. Since the beginning I thought either mercury or Lyme but because of the doctors not listening its now 4 years later and pretty much everything's been ruled out except these 2 things. They just didnt listen....they tested me for all the things I *didn't* think were the problem. They insisted I take an AIDS test even though I'm in like one of the lowest risk groups for contracting it. The chances of me having AIDS is pretty much slim to none....the chances of me having Lymes is far greater.

I loved the outdoors and camping, jetskiing, fishing...all of those things were a big part of my life. Even as a kid my family went camping almost every weekend. I got sick after my last camping trip and there were deer everywhere....I'd camped there (at the same site) a few years in a row but had never seen a single deer there before that last time. I can post a picture....they were all around me and I was feeding them bread. I also rememeber that the deer didnt look all that healthy...it kind of looked like they had alot of sores on them....I'm not really sure but they didnt have nice coat like they should. :unsure:

It was pretty stupid of me to be so close to them but I didnt know any better at the time. :(

Anyway....it could also be mercury cuz of the dental work I had done. Thats why I went to this doctor in the first place...but then he wanted to rule out Lyme before anything else. Obviously he felt Lyme Disease was more likely for me but if I dont have it at least its been ruled out and we can focus on mercury or whatever else he may want to look into.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What a nice friend.....at least as far as we are concerned.....you may feel differently if he won't let you have your ice cream indulgence. :P

:lol::lol:

Andrea...you have no idea!!

You should have heard him while we were shopping at Whole Foods last night! Just about everything I was buying he questioned me about...."Are you sure you can have that?"...."Are you sure thats organic?"...."Put that back." "You cant have that!" :lol::lol:

He said I probably wont want to bring him along next time...cuz he wasnt gonna let me get anything questionable. I know he was just looking out for me though.

I was looking at the mango's and he said "You cant have those....they have Auxigro! Look how big they are." :lol:

He was right too....they do have Auxigro cuz I got sick from them before. I definately wasnt gonna buy them but I just wanted to see what farm they were from...I always check those things. :rolleyes:

It was kind of cute anyway.

He's not banished from the shopping trips yet. ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, you shouldn't banish him ... he sounds like a keeper to me! ;):D

AndreaB Contributor

Andrea...you have no idea!!

You should have heard him while we were shopping at Whole Foods last night!

It was kind of cute anyway.

He's not banished from the shopping trips yet. ;)

I can totally see that! Way to go The Dave! You keep her in line.

Hey, Rachel, tell him "thank you" for me, for keeping an eye on you and your Racheling tendancies.

VydorScope Proficient

Okay fess up, whats the REAL story behind your relationship with TheDave? :D

(or did I miss somtning inteh 100's of pages.... Ithought he was just a coworker/boss who left your company...)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Okay fess up, whats the REAL story behind your relationship with TheDave? :D

(or did I miss somtning inteh 100's of pages.... Ithought he was just a coworker/boss who left your company...)

Well, TheDave was buried in this thread for quite some time and said some things that, ummm, let his intentions be known .... Rachel has not told anything except that she's been shopping with him and watched movies with him and that she was disappointed that he was transferred ... so, we're all in the dark :ph34r: ... will she clue us in?

I always find it funny when someone starts asking, "Can you eat that, can you eat that?" like we would eat something we couldn't!!! :lol: Well, I guess Rachel did with the ice cream, so maybe she needs that! On the way home, Rachel, let him drive and say, "Turn here, okay, the light's red, you need to stop ..."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so now I know that when I go to that new Whole Foods if I see two people, one female, one male, and the female is eyeing everything in sight (especially in the frozen foods aisle) and the male is telling her, you can't have that...I'll know it's you! :) Especially if I see a skirmish over a pint of ice cream.

jerseyangel Proficient
Okay, so now I know that when I go to that new Whole Foods if I see two people, one female, one male, and the female is eyeing everything in sight (especially in the frozen foods aisle) and the male is telling her, you can't have that...I'll know it's you! :) Especially if I see a skirmish over a pint of ice cream.

Can you imagine! :lol:

I'll just have one bowl!

No, you're gonna grab a spoon and not look up till it's empty!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Does TheDave still have all of his fingers? :huh:

I know i wouldn't if I got between my sweetie-pie and her half gallon! :blink: (she eats it right out of the box - with a fork for some reason - I think the calories slide right out between the tines or something?) :P

VydorScope Proficient
Well, TheDave was buried in this thread for quite some time and said some things that, ummm, let his intentions be known .... Rachel has not told anything except that she's been shopping with him and watched movies with him and that she was disappointed that he was transferred ... so, we're all in the dark :ph34r: ... will she clue us in?

Well thats pretty mcuh what I thought. So its odvious to more ppl then just me good. :P

dlp252 Apprentice

I know i wouldn't if I got between my sweetie-pie and her half gallon! :blink: (she eats it right out of the box - with a fork for some reason - I think the calories slide right out between the tines or something?) :P

You know, none of us has ever seen TheDave...he may very well be missing some fingers (or other body parts), lol! :lol: I know I could do some serious damage if someone tried to remove a Bumble Bar from these hands. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Well thats pretty mcuh what I thought. So its odvious to more ppl then just me good. :P

Sometimes women are slow, I don't know if it's obvious to Rachel yet!!! :lol:

A FORK!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!! It sure would make it easier to get the ice cream out!! Of course, mine is Haagen Dazs chocolate sorbet cause no dairy for me ... and now no sugar or caffeine .... but in the future, I'll remember the fork!!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

A FORK!!!! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!! It sure would make it easier to get the ice cream out!! Of course, mine is Haagen Dazs chocolate sorbet cause no dairy for me ... and now no sugar or caffeine .... but in the future, I'll remember the fork!!

I bet a woman invented it for just that reason! ;)

dlp252 Apprentice

Forgive us for taking about you Rachel... I don't think she (Rachel) got it, lol. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Forgive us for taking about you Rachel... I don't think she (Rachel) got it, lol. :lol:

At least we're gossiping right in front of her :lol: I'm sure she's aware!!

I bet a woman invented it for just that reason! ;)

We eat desserts with forks to protect them from mean men who take them away or try to take some. You have to share your dessert, but we don't share ours. That's just how it works, and men from generation to generation just accept that fact.

VydorScope Proficient
At least we're gossiping right in front of her :lol: I'm sure she's aware!!

Maybe... I mean after all she DID got for some yummy ice cream which she NOT sposed to have (poor kid... that would make me cry)

We eat desserts with forks to protect them from mean men who take them away or try to take some. You have to share your dessert, but we don't share ours. That's just how it works, and men from generation to generation just accept that fact.

heh, try telling that to a super hyper red headed tollder that decided the desert on you plate, although IDENTICAL to what is on his plate is much better. :lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer

How's this for logic. I bought my wife's favorite ice cream (Chocolate PB cup) a few weeks ago. She sees it in the freezer and her immediate reaction was - (wife) "why did you buy that?" (me) "it's your favorite, i thought you'd like a treat" (wife)"you do realize now I have to eat eat it" (me)"that's why i bought it" (wife) "no, I mean all of it"

and she did. Thankfully she wasn't brandishing her fork at this juncture.

So she goes shopping the next time and gets a flavor she absolutely can't stand and puts it in the freezer. I noticed the ice cream (toffee bar) and said (me) "why did you buy that, you don't even like that?" (wife) "i didn't want to have to eat it"...wouldn't it be better to just skip the frozen aisle?

AndreaB Contributor
heh, try telling that to a super hyper red headed tollder that decided the desert on you plate, although IDENTICAL to what is on his plate is much better. :lol:

My daughter thinks she needs the same size serving as her dad or I.

CarlaB Enthusiast
How's this for logic. I bought my wife's favorite ice cream (Chocolate PB cup) a few weeks ago. She sees it in the freezer and her immediate reaction was - (wife) "why did you buy that?" (me) "it's your favorite, i thought you'd like a treat" (wife)"you do realize now I have to eat eat it" (me)"that's why i bought it" (wife) "no, I mean all of it"

So she goes shopping the next time and gets a flavor she absolutely can't stand and puts it in the freezer. I noticed the ice cream (toffee bar) and said (me) "why did you buy that, you don't even like that?" (wife) "i didn't want to have to eat it"...wouldn't it be better to just skip the frozen aisle?

I absolutely do not understand what part of this is so difficult to understand. It's crystal clear to me!

Maybe... I mean after all she DID got for some yummy ice cream which she NOT sposed to have (poor kid... that would make me cry)

I can't have ice cream ... it's bad ... :(

I have six kids .... I've given them their own dessert, and if they don't want it, fine. They still don't get mine!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

The Dave does sound like a keeper....and, um, I think we can all read between the lines here....and figure out what's going on.... ;)

I need The Dave or someone to stop me after I"ve eaten six or eight Nuggets, and not HALF THE BAG or more.....when people are in my house I make them take the thing away from me, and hide it from me (in my own house)...I usually forget about it and then find it weeks later....a fantastic binge surprise! :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
....a fantastic binge surprise! :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm pretty clueless myself. :ph34r:

I always find it funny when someone starts asking, "Can you eat that, can you eat that?" like we would eat something we couldn't!!! :lol: Well, I guess Rachel did with the ice cream, so maybe she needs that! On the way home, Rachel, let him drive and say, "Turn here, okay, the light's red, you need to stop ..."

LMAO

Carla...I always wonder the exact same thing when someone asks me "Can you eat that?" :huh: Ummm..I'm not really sure of half the stuff I eat cuz I can pretty much react to anything at any given time. However, why would I purposely eat something that I know will mess me up and cause pain?? :unsure:

Donna...it very well could happen!! You just described what went on at the frozen food section last night! :lol:

ROFL....

OMG...I cant even tell you how many times in my life I've heard this. :ph34r:

I'm always the last to know if someones interested in me! Yeah...I guess I'm a little slow when it comes to that. Basically the person will have to just come right out and say it cuz I dont make assumptions about that kind of stuff. :)

Yeah...my exes have all called me "naive" (or other words that I wont type here ;) ) cuz of the fact that I dont assume that every friendly, caring or nice person I meet is "interested" in me. Dave is all of those things but he's never said he's interested in me. B)

That is so funny Richard :lol:

This would never work for me though...even if I bought my least favorite ice cream....I'd still Rachel the whole thing. It doesnt matter the flavor. :ph34r:

The ice cream that I've been eating is actually a flavor I never would have "picked". I only chose it because of it having the safest ingredients. It turns out I like it. :D

But then again when you're only eating organic produce and meats...I can pretty much guarantee you'll end up liking any flavor of ice cream you can get your hands on. :P

The Dave does sound like a keeper....and, um, I think we can all read between the lines here....and figure out what's going on.... ;)

Oh really??

Maybe you all can enlighten me. :)

Hehe....The real story is Dave *was* my boss for the past year. We became good friends....he's fun and he seems to care about me and my health. :)

I knew him before he became my boss....we played on the same softball team for a short time a few years ago.

I have alot of respect for him as a boss....he took care of business. B)

I've had some pretty crappy bosses along the way so I welcome the good ones. :)

Anyways, bosses cant date employees...its against company policy.....for obvious reasons. Soooo....we truelly are and have been *just* friends.

So thats my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Besides...my main focus is on getting a diagnosis. I cant be involved with anyone until I know whats wrong with me. I dont think it would be right because pretty much all of my attention is on getting an answer to my health problems. I dont have enough energy to work 40 hours, deal with my diet, go to doctor appointments, do research..AND have a relationship too. It would be too hard and I wouldnt want the focus to be on all my health problems all the time.

Once I get a diagnosis I wont need to constantly worry and wonder what could be wrong with me or how I'll ever get better.....then I can put more energy into other things. :)

Plus I've already had one relationship end cuz of all this (and my heart got broke) and another one that I should have never been in cuz I was just too sick and couldnt even think clearly. Its not fair to anybody.

:lol:

I just read the caption under Susan's avatar...

"Back when I was fierce..."

Susan....I think you've still got it in you....you can still be fierce!! :D

I still gotta go back to the rock climbing gym and get myself certified and start climbing those walls again....it was sooo much fun. That was back when I was fierce.... :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, you can see we had fun with you while you were gone!!! :D Ah, can't date the boss ... but now he's not the boss. You'll have to tell him we've been talking about him so he can clear up this confusion for us!

AndreaB Contributor

Yah, Where's TheDave?

This would never work for me though...even if I bought my least favorite ice cream....I'd still Rachel the whole thing. It doesnt matter the flavor. :ph34r:

The ice cream that I've been eating is actually a flavor I never would have "picked". I only chose it because of it having the safest ingredients. It turns out I like it. :D

But then again when you're only eating organic produce and meats...I can pretty much guarantee you'll end up liking any flavor of ice cream you can get your hands on. :P

Rachel,

That's pretty sad when you become so bored with your diet that any old least ingredient ice cream is good. I don't think I'll be able to talk hubby into letting me have any more ice cream. We do have sorbet once in awhile but bananas were on my allergic (intolerant, IgG) list so I don't have them very much.

I've gotta have my enjoy life chocolate chips though. :P

Archived