This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think each of us needs our own The Dave while shopping at Whole Foods. Seriously that would save me a lot on my grocery bill :lol:

Okay Susan I've been curious about this for some time....what kind of nuggets do you Rachel? (what an odd sentence..) I think I missed that whole thing, as it was being discussed in the midst of purple glittery bats or something....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

My daughter got purple glittery rubber bands on her braces, I totally cracked up!!! :lol::lol::lol: Of course, I had to explain what was so funny!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I think each of us needs our own The Dave while shopping at Whole Foods. Seriously that would save me a lot on my grocery bill :lol:

Okay Susan I've been curious about this for some time....what kind of nuggets do you Rachel? (what an odd sentence..) I think I missed that whole thing, as it was being discussed in the midst of purple glittery bats or something....

Hi Mango!

Yes, would The Dave hire himself out? Donna lives close enough - perhaps he could be the monitor of the Bumble bar consumption..... :)

the thing I Rachel beyond humanity is Hershey's milk chocolate Nuggetts with almonds...OMG could eat an entire one (or two :ph34r: ) pound bag at one sitting....so I'm not allowed to have them in teh house as I will eat the WHOLE THING......

My daughter got purple glittery rubber bands on her braces, I totally cracked up!!! :lol::lol::lol: Of course, I had to explain what was so funny!

:lol::lol:

VydorScope Proficient

Rach,

My wife Kristi, used to work with me. Enough siad :P

Trust me, as a guy, I can tell you for sure... he is not looking for "a friend"

Mango04 Enthusiast
Hi Mango!

Yes, would The Dave hire himself out? Donna lives close enough - perhaps he could be the monitor of the Bumble bar consumption..... :)

the thing I Rachel beyond humanity is Hershey's milk chocolate Nuggetts with almonds...OMG could eat an entire one (or two :ph34r: ) pound bag at one sitting....so I'm not allowed to have them in teh house as I will eat the WHOLE THING......

Oh okay...I was originally thinking they were ice cream nuggets or chocolate nuggets, then I was starting to think chicken nuggets LOL (I could really go for some Ian's right about now). Thanks for clearing up the nugget mystery :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you can see we had fun with you while you were gone!!! :D Ah, can't date the boss ... but now he's not the boss. You'll have to tell him we've been talking about him so he can clear up this confusion for us!

Yeah...I definately had a good laugh about all this when I got home from work. :lol:

I dont know if The Dave still reads the posts....I guess we might find out though. :ph34r:

He's not my boss anymore so "technically" we could date each other. At least now we can hang out and not have to worry about running into people from work (this actually happened to us at the movies :ph34r: ).

I feel kind of like I wouldnt be good for anyone right now since I cant do all the "normal" things that people do. I have to be careful of everything and I cant just go out to eat like everyone else. I feel sort of inadequate I guess. I dont want other people having to deal with all my "issues".

Well my mom *has* to deal with it...she doesnt have a choice in it...but shes the only one. :P

AndreaB Contributor
Rach,

My wife Kristi, used to work with me. Enough siad :P

Vincent,

I think you spelled it out for her. :P

But.....TheDave is not here to defend himself. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah...I definately had a good laugh about all this when I got home from work. :lol:

I dont know if The Dave still reads the posts....I guess we might find out though. :ph34r:

He's not my boss anymore so "technically" we could date each other. At least now we can hang out and not have to worry about running into people from work (this actually happened to us at the movies :ph34r: ).

I feel kind of like I wouldnt be good for anyone right now since I cant do all the "normal" things that people do. I have to be careful of everything and I cant just go out to eat like everyone else. I feel sort of inadequate I guess. I dont want other people having to deal with all my "issues".

Well my mom *has* to deal with it...she doesnt have a choice in it...but shes the only one. :P

Yea, but if TheDave is interested, he knows all about it, he's read more of this thread than I have, and he will have made the choice to deal with it. It's not all bad living like this ... :) At least he knows your issues up front!! ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Vincent,

Maybe he's gonna have to clue me in then...now that he's not my boss. :D

He also *could* be looking for friendship...we get along really well and have fun hanging out.

It seems to me that if someone were single and looking they would choose to go out with the normal girls and not the girl who cant eat anything and has to bring her own pots and pans over and gets sick from the slightest smell of chemicals in the air and cant go out for a drink...etc :rolleyes:

CarlaB Enthusiast

You can't help who you have feelings for.

VydorScope Proficient
Vincent,

Maybe he's gonna have to clue me in then...now that he's not my boss. :D

He also *could* be looking for friendship...we get along really well and have fun hanging out.

Wow you are niave :lol:

It seems to me that if someone were single and looking they would choose to go out with the normal girls and not the girl who cant eat anything and has to bring her own pots and pans over and gets sick from the slightest smell of chemicals in the air and cant go out for a drink...etc :rolleyes:

Thankfully he is not that shallow, huh? :D

AndreaB Contributor
Yea, but if TheDave is interested, he knows all about it, he's read more of this thread than I have, and he will have made the choice to deal with it. It's not all bad living like this ... :) At least he knows your issues up front!! ;)

I couldn't agree more. He's made the choice to support you in this and knows your issues. He's even trying to help you choose right. You need to take him shopping more often. :P

Thankfully he is not that shallow, huh? :D

My husband has been saying the same thing to me that you just told Rachel.....since page three hundred and something. It's nice to have the males perspective on this.

CarlaB Enthusiast

It was obvious a couple days into his posting. One day someone said if I guy read 110 pages of posts, he was very interested. Later, he quoted that and put this emoticon with it :lol: .

Mango04 Enthusiast

I'm working as a receptionist right now and I'm supposed to answer the phone "Welcome to Media Monitors Meredith speaking" but I was reading this thread when the last call rang and I accidentally said "Welcome to Rachelville...." oops that was really bad (yet somewhat funny). Good thing I'm not a professional receptionist back home. haha

AndreaB Contributor
I'm working as a receptionist right now and I'm supposed to answer the phone "Welcome to Media Monitors Meredith speaking" but I was reading this thread when the last call rang and I accidentally said "Welcome to Rachelville...." oops that was really bad (yet somewhat funny). Good thing I'm not a professional receptionist back home. haha

:lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VydorScope Proficient
My husband has been saying the same thing to me that you just told Rachel.....since page three hundred and something. It's nice to have the males perspective on this.

Funny how married men spill the beans so easly while single men try to keep the charade up :lol:

Sorry TheDave :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::blink::lol::lol::o:lol::lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Yeah....he DOES know all about my issues....thats for sure. I dunno if he wanted to know that much but hey...I dont hold anything back. :P

Guess what....I dont have Lyme Disease!! :o

The nurse called today and wanted me to change my Tuesday appt to the following week since they dont have the results of the other bloodtest yet. Thats the test that I had to redo cuz something happened with the first blooddraw. I told her I wanted to know the results of my Lyme test. She said the Dr. would go over it when I see him....but that I need to reshedule. I told her if I *know* the Lyme test is negative then I dont have a problem rescheduling but I dont want to change it w/out knowing the results because I dont want to have to wait another whole week for answers.

She then said that the test was negative so I went ahead and resheduled my appt. She said he would explain what it means when I see him. Well...I'm assuming it means I dont have Lyme Disease....right?? :huh:

At first my heart kind of sunk and I cried a few tears. Then I guess I felt somewhat relieved to not have Lymes. I was remembering how the Dr. himself said that between mercury toxicity and Lyme Disease....Lyme would be the worse of the two...although he didnt wish either of them on me....it would be better to have mercury poisoning.

I'm imagining he will have to direct some attention to mercury toxicity now that Lyme is ruled out. There really isnt a whole lot of other possibilities for whats causing all these symptoms.

I know what happened to me after the dental work...I know the symptoms I experienced. I was thinking that even if I got diagnosed with Lyme Disease....I would have to have heavy metal toxicity along with it. I know it was inevitable that I got higher than normal doses of mercury during that time. I had read that alot of people with Lyme also have heavy metal burden and its best to have amalgams removed. I was thinking that I might have both Lyme AND mercury toxicity...which was a pretty scary thought.

I thought I'd be extremely disappointed if my results were negative....but I'm actually not. Lyme Disease is scary. :ph34r:

I'm just really impatient....I wanna get to the bottom of this. Now I'll have to wait another week and a half to see the dr. and then who knows how long till I actually get tested for mercury. I've already waited 4 years....I think I've waited long enough. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
Funny how married men spill the beans so easly while single men try to keep the charade up :lol:

Isn't it. :lol::lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol::lol::lol:

Mango...that is hilarious!!!

Thanks for the laugh!!

:lol:

Told you

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

That's great news about not having Lyme. :D One more thing off the list. :)

Mercury toxicity here we come. At least testing and more than likely treatment.

I'm glad you were referred to a doctor that was willing to start to try and get some answers for you. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Poor Dave (not even here to defend himself)....I know for sure if he does read this...he's gonna turn bright red. :lol:

I think he would be at a loss for words...for once. :P

AndreaB Contributor
Poor Dave (not even here to defend himself)....I know for sure if he does read this...he's gonna turn bright red. :lol:

I think he would be at a loss for words...for once. :P

Me thinks he'd cover for himself quite well based on his past postings. :P

Where has he been......certainly not visiting us recently. :unsure:

VydorScope Proficient

Rach,

Two things...

First, do not get hung up on ONE thing causing EVERYTHING. You could have more then one root cuase.

Second.. if it is mecury ... what is the treatment?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

That's great news about not having Lyme. :D One more thing off the list. :)

Mercury toxicity here we come. At least testing and more than likely treatment.

I'm glad you were referred to a doctor that was willing to start to try and get some answers for you. :P

Andrea,

I think everyone was hoping and praying I didnt have Lymes...except me. :huh:

Yesterday a customer told me he was gonna pray for me...that I dont have Lymes....I told him "But I do want to have it." How crazy....huh. :blink:

I must have been really desperate for answers to wanna have Lyme Disease. :ph34r:

Dave kept telling me I dont have it and I was asking him why he would keep telling me such a thing when I clearly WANT to have an answer. He said it was "tough love".....he didnt want me getting devastated when the test came back negative (and he was convinced it would). He said he couldnt wait to tell me "I told you so" when the results came back.

Today I called him after I found out...he didnt say "I told you so". He said he was sorry I didnt get an answer. :(

Well....like you said....Mercury Toxicity here we come. :D

I'm ready to tackle that...finally. I hope the Dr. doesnt fuss around with other stuff first. <_<

He had told me that the top reasons for my symptoms would be

1. Lyme disease

2 exposure to large amounts of chemicals

3. exposure to mold in my environment

4. Heavy Metal toxicity (i.e. mercury)

I think thats all thats left.

Archived