This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG - I am back....

and I have nuggets...... :ph34r:

:o:o:o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
OMG - I am back....

and I have nuggets...... :ph34r:

:o:o:o

DO NOT EAT THE WHOLE BAG IN ONE SITTING. TAKE OUT A FEW, PUT THE REST BACK IN THE FREEZER. You can do this ... if I can stop at 1/4 of a donut, you can eat in moderation, too!!!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
DO NOT EAT THE WHOLE BAG IN ONE SITTING. TAKE OUT A FEW, PUT THE REST BACK IN THE FREEZER. You can do this ... if I can stop at 1/4 of a donut, you can eat in moderation, too!!!!

Carla.....are you an alien :lol: .....one-fourth of a donut - I wouldn't even bother....somehow I am needing QUANTITY these days, what is up wiht that?......have not opened nuggets, will not open today. Am waiting. am experiencing self-control - new concept.... :unsure:

Vincent - I think your dog would enjoy that new toy. These dingos would be thrilled with that...they love new toys - Tika even plays fetch with herself...... :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I am not supposed to have ANY sugar. I've been so good that I rewarded myself with one cup of decaf coffee (can't have it either) and 1/4 of a donut. It was just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without stressing my adrenals too much!

Take out a few nuggets and eat them. Put the rest in the refrigerator ... if you wait, once you start, it's gonna get ugly. :o

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna,

Awhile back you asked about the mercury-free dentist I saw. I'm pretty sure he retired cuz I recall getting something in the mail announcing it. I was just doing a search on mercury-related stuff and ended up on his webpage. I'm like "Hey....thats the guy!".

Anyways heres the link...I dont know if the place is still there or what. I think he might have sold the dentristry to someone else in the same field...not positive though. If you're interested you could probably find out. They were really knowledgeable about this stuff there.

Open Original Shared Link

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I wouldnt do oral DMSA, I would do IV DMPS.

I've done alot of research on this and my choice will be to NOT use intraveneous DMPS.....heres why

Open Original Shared Link

Read the stories of the people who've gone this route....

Also the experts who've actually had mercury toxicity and gone through chelation do not recommend DMPS through IV. DMPS is not FDA approved...while DMSA is. From the research I've done it seems that DMSA and oral DMPS are quite effective and of less risk to the patient. IV DMPS is by far more powerful but at what cost?? I'd rather get better slowly than risk permanant damage....thats just me though. Also the book I have (written by Andy Cutler) is considered to be the best book there is on the subject....he also does not recommend IV DMPS under any circumstances.

Most of the people advocating IV DMPS have a financial stake in it. Also the cost is much higher than that of the oral chelators.

I will play it safe and take the advice from those who've done it and regretted it.

I believe the slogan the biological dentists use is "First...do no harm".

Sounds good to me... :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
about the inactivations of enzymes and DNA mutations due to heavy metal exposure,,,, ive been obsessing on that all along, BTW :P

I wonder if there is some immoessay or genetic test to see if certain enzymes are working properly, howerever there are so many enzymes with so many functions it would be impossible to test them all,,etc.

Even if there were tests available for this I personally wouldnt pay for them. I already know that my enzymes arent working properly because I react to whole food groups and chemicals. I'm more interested in getting to the root cause of why everything isnt working right in my body. All of the *functional* tests I've taken show something isnt right....but they dont tell me why...and they dont get me better.

:lol::lol:

Laughing at Andrea and Patti's new avatars!

Susan, I'm in agreement about the 1/4 donut.....I could never do it. How could I stop? :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Susan, I'm in agreement about the 1/4 donut.....I could never do it. How could I stop? :ph34r:

You take the donut out of the freezer, cut off 1/4 of it, put the rest back in the freezer, then eat when the donut is thawed and don't go back to the freezer!!!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You take the donut out of the freezer, cut off 1/4 of it, put the rest back in the freezer, then eat when the donut is thawed and don't go back to the freezer!!!!

Carla,

Nothing so "sensible" ever works with me. <_<

I would go back to the freezer...take out more donut...*not* wait for it to thaw (that would take too long)...throw it in the microwave and eat it.

Then I'd be upset cuz there was no more donut.....I'd go buy more and then Rachel the heck out of them. :ph34r:

VydorScope Proficient
Carla,

Nothing so "sensible" ever works with me. <_<

I would go back to the freezer...take out more donut...*not* wait for it to thaw (that would take too long)...throw it in the microwave and eat it.

Then I'd be upset cuz there was no more donut.....I'd go buy more and then Rachel the heck out of them. :ph34r:

YEP! Me too :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Julie,

Everytime I buy my ice cream...I *have* to pick up the vanilla flavored one and read the ingredients...as if they might spontaniously change someday. :rolleyes: I've never bought that one because it has annatto in it for color....I think it would give me a bad reaction. If only that one ingredient wasnt on there.....well we all know what would happen then. :P

miamia Rookie

I'm like you carla if I allow myself something I should not necesssarily have I just have a little. Since its nothing that gives me a major reaction I am usually able to tolerate it where as if I had a lot of it I'de probably get really sick. This also makes me appreciate what I ma eating so much more.

Miamia

Rachel--24 Collaborator

EVERYONE......please keep your opinions of abortion or anything as controversial as this topic is off of this thread. If you would like to discuss such matters in pm's then please do so....but not on this thread. I know I've made this announcement before but this thread is intended for uncovering medical issues that are still making us sick....to offer support on HEALTH issues.

Someone comes onto the thread announcing their intentions and then doesnt want to respond to pms. A public forum on food intolerances is not the place for this and complaints are being made. Please do not respond to Christina on this thread....use pm's.

I think we all did our best to offer support....she has made a decision....chose to announce it here....now lets leave it at that. There is NO way to say anything on this subject thats not gonna offend someone.....and I would appreciate it if the subject is now dropped. This is not one of those "controversial" threads and its not gonna become one either.

Thanks

Mango04 Enthusiast

I decided to jump in on this new "things we Rachel" avatar trend. I couldn't decide though...I think I need multiple avatars for this.

Oh and sorry to so drastically change the subject. I was just really excited to find that image. Haven't had one of those in MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! :(:)

AndreaB Contributor

Meredith,

:lol:

I've never had clif bars. I just changed my avatar back to one of my other loves. :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

:ph34r:

Meredith,

:lol:

I've never had clif bars. I just changed my avatar back to one of my other loves. :)

I love your avatars of Seth..... and OMG Cliff Bars are the BEST...especially the chocolate ones...when they're covered in peanut butter :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor
:ph34r:

I love your avatars of Seth..... and OMG Cliff Bars are the BEST...especially the chocolate ones...when they're covered in peanut butter :ph34r:

I may just have to look at those. I assume they are gluten-free/SF/CF since you are. I've been avoiding peanut butter even though I don't have a problem with it, since I'm intolerant to soy.

Mango04 Enthusiast
I may just have to look at those. I assume they are gluten-free/SF/CF since you are. I've been avoiding peanut butter even though I don't have a problem with it, since I'm intolerant to soy.

Yep I think you could probably have those....and the peanut butter is optional :). They do have a statement that says "we do not use any gluten, dairy, soy etc. etc. ingredients" right above another statement that says "manufactured in a facility with soy and dairy." I've never had any problems with them though.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Mango Meredith....you Rachel the nectar bars???? that is so.....healthy :lol: And you can see that so far none of us is rachelling anything we really should be....I have only had the berry one, loved it, but wouldn't go so far as to RACHEL it....

Rachel, thanks for that post. I was thinking that same thing, and you've said it well.

Have had ONLY about 10 nuggets and that's it for today. Am quite proud of self.

:rolleyes:

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango Meredith....you Rachel the nectar bars???? that is so.....healthy :lol: And you can see that so far none of us is rachelling anything we really should be....I have only had the berry one, loved it, but wouldn't go so far as to RACHEL it....

Rachel, thanks for that post. I was thinking that same thing, and you've said it well.

Have had ONLY about 10 nuggets and that's it for today. Am quite proud of self.

:rolleyes:

I would never Rachel the berry one either. Ewww LOL. The chocolate one dipped in peanut butter is a whole different situation.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Haha....everyones got their favorite foods up!! I'm mad at my ice cream right now....it got me sick tonight. :(

It was my third pint in 3 days....I think I pushed it too far. :ph34r: I dont even wanna *look* at ice cream now....at least until tommorrow.

Is there nothing yummy AND safe for me out there??? :unsure:

Mango...I had no idea you Racheled Clif bars!! For some reason I thought it was almond muffins??? :huh:

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango...I had no idea you Racheled Clif bars!! For some reason I thought it was almond muffins??? :huh:

I looked for a pic of the muffins. As soon as I find an image that does them justice...it's going up :). I don't know that I really Rachel Clif Bars...but I really like them LOL

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay here's something else I Rachel. There's nothing healthy about these and they don't come in berry flavor :). Can you tell I have a really exciting job? Are they gonna wonder why I have images of Clif Bars, Biscotti (and Ian's Chicken Nuggets) saved to the desktop? Am I talking to myself now? (I think everyone in the US went to sleep :rolleyes: )

Guest melannen

I'm not asleep! Give me a few minutes,I'll try to find piccies of stuff I rachel :D

Found one! Mmmm lemon cranberry cookies. Made by kinnikinnick

AndreaB Contributor

Meredith,

I'm still here. I have to take a break in the evenings to get Seth down (I read a book while he goes to sleep, works for me :P ), and hubby does like a smidgen of time on the computer. :blink:

Archived