This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

happygirl Collaborator

x

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
A clean filter may help in both houses. It's something many people neglect to change regularly. Does cracking a window help at all? I try not to keep the house closed up too long. If the weather's nice at all, I try to open a window for a little while. In the winter the house is just closed up way too long! Sometimes I'll even open a window for a while when it's really cold out.

Carla, I read that when the house is closed up and heaters are going..the indoor pollution level rises VERY high. :o Its far worse than the city air outside.

OK...I'm REALLY going to the mailbox this time..... :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
You really should choose a Lyme dr by talking to several HAPPY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS first. I have an "official" list of drs. He's not on it. His website sounds good, but I caution you to find several happy patients of his before spending money on it.

Just my 2 cents worth. I have 6 yrs of experience in referring people to LLMD's.

Hi Lymetoo :)

Any doctors on your list in the Colorado area by chance??

happygirl Collaborator

x

rinne Apprentice

I think you have a good point Lymetoo, I liked my doctor and he knew something of Lyme but just enough to be dangerous. :lol: The trouble is how do you find those happy patients when most people on the Lyme boards seem to be struggling to find doctors? I guess your list is the answer to that. Thanks for your help. :)

cheryl50 Newbie

Hi Rachel,

Ray changed the heater filter and closed the vent to your room. Hopefully it is safe for you now.

Good idea. Go to the mail box.

Love,

Mom

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel,

Ray changed the heater filter and closed the vent to your room. Hopefully it is safe for you now.

Love,

Mom

Thanks Mom. :)

I went to the mailbox.....there was nothing from Igenix. :(

Maybe the holidays have caused a delay. <sigh>

Gotta wait till next weekend. Then I see my Dr. on Monday the 4th.

I think you have a good point Lymetoo, I liked my doctor and he knew something of Lyme but just enough to be dangerous. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Rinne....luckily you are smarter than him. ;)

If anyone wants the list of LLMD's let me know. Lymetoo pm'd me the list.....you can also find it on the LymeNet message board. You can get recommendations for an LLMD in your area from the members of that board but nothing will be shared openly on the board. They protect the identity of the LLMD's because of all the politics surrounding Lyme. I imagine its worse now that they've passed this new law about the antibiotics.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
rachel,

please share about the new law?

thanks,

Laura

I posted about it after my last Dr. appt.

I'll try to find my post with a search.....since it was much fresher in my mind at the time. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...going back is not so scary when you use the search feature. :)

I asked him why so much controversy surrounding Lyme??? He said it all comes down to politics. Half of the medical community is still saying that "chronic Lyme" does not exsist....the other half (who he likes to call the more "intelligent" half :) ) are aware of the fact that Lyme Disease is a long term disease that requires more than 2-3 weeks of antibiotics. He said that unfortuately people like me are suffering and going undiagnosed and untreated for years. He said if the whole medical community were to acknowlege Lyme Disease for what it truelly is...the insurance companies would not be able to cope. If every person were diagnosed and able to recieve antibiotic treatment the numbers would be staggering and the costs for longterm treatment for all Lyme patients would exceed what the insurance companies can handle. So instead....they bury their heads in the sand and ignore Lyme Disease.

Even worse....he said that just last week they have made it law...that no Dr. shall treat a Lyme patient for more than 3 weeks with antibiotics. :o

This cannot be good for the future of those who have Lyme. :angry:

I know that this is something that has been going on for quite some time now....the controversy of Lyme Disease. I've noticed that on the Lyme boards they DO NOT post the names of their Dr.'s....to protect them...because these Dr.'s are treating Lyme Disease as a chronic illness and can suffer the scrutiny of the medical profession if they are "found out".

How scary is that?? :unsure:

So I dont know what will happen now.....with this new law. I dont know if my Dr. is only going to treat me with 3 weeks antibiotics or if he will go beyond that. He said as of right now it is not a felony to do so.....but it is VERY VERY frowned upon.

The controversy surrounding Lyme is also a large part of what the documentary "Under Our Skin" will be about. They are half-way through production but need more funding to complete the film.

happygirl Collaborator

x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
wow that is terrifying. :(

Yeah....it all comes down to the insurance companies not wanting to pay for the massive amounts of antibiotics that would be needed if Dr.'s were allowed to treat Lyme Disease as it *should* be treated.....long-term.

WildCondor talked about this in her story as well.

miamia Rookie
Thanks Mom. :)

I went to the mailbox.....there was nothing from Igenix. :(

Maybe the holidays have caused a delay. <sigh>

Gotta wait till next weekend. Then I see my Dr. on Monday the 4th.

Rinne....luckily you are smarter than him. ;)

If anyone wants the list of LLMD's let me know. Lymetoo pm'd me the list.....you can also find it on the LymeNet message board. You can get recommendations for an LLMD in your area from the members of that board but nothing will be shared openly on the board. They protect the identity of the LLMD's because of all the politics surrounding Lyme. I imagine its worse now that they've passed this new law about the antibiotics.

Rachel-

I woudl love it if you could send me the list

Miamia

happygirl Collaborator

x

miamia Rookie
M-I have it and I'll send it to you. It is not all-inclusive but it would be a great start. xo

thanks laura-

that would be great. From everything it souds like about lyme no matter what my tests show i think it would be good to contact someone whos specialty is Lyme.

I have to go in tomorrow to get all the blood work done- at 2 different labs which is a drag but at least I will hopefully get it done and be a step closer to finding something out

Miamia

miamia Rookie

Laura-

3 of them are in my area- I just googled them- all seem reputable and really different in their approaches. I'll have to do some more research.

Rachel-

the heater thing- I have been feeling the same thing since the heater has come on I definitly feel affected by it -

Green12 Enthusiast

I would like the list as well, or at least anyone who is in my state.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

the heater thing- I have been feeling the same thing since the heater has come on I definitly feel affected by it -

Winter sucks. :angry:

I've always said I feel way worse in the winter....now I know why! I normally BLAST the heater all winter because I hate being cold. I'm realizing that the more you eliminate things that are bothersome in your diet and environment....the more obvious the things that are still there become. Its VERY obvious to me right now that the heater is affecting me. :angry:

In the past I would have blamed it on my food....but its not my food. Still eating the same 5 things.....no change there. :rolleyes:

miamia Rookie
I would like the list as well, or at least anyone who is in my state.

julie-

i just sent it to you

CarlaB Enthusiast

Laura, is the doctor I emailed you on the list? Will you please email me the list? Maybe there's someone closer to me.

Rachel, I always feel better if I just wear a lot of clothes and wrap up in a blanket. I feel like I'm suffocating when it's warm inside in the winter. It's like there's no oxegen in the air when it's warm inside. I don't like it reallly cold, but 67-69 is what it's usually set on. And I'm usually freezing, but drink hot things and wear sweatshirts and Ugg slippers all the time.

happygirl Collaborator

x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
julie-

i just sent it to you

me too.....sorry...I'm a little slow. :rolleyes:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hi Rachel,

Love,

Mom

:lol::lol: Hi Cheryl! OMG, this just cracked me up, Rachel's mom posting about the filter. :lol::lol::lol: And the gentle nudge to go to the mailbox. thanks for the laugh! :P

happygirl Collaborator

susan----i love your new avatar, by the way :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And the gentle nudge to go to the mailbox. thanks for the laugh! :P

ROFL....you noticed that too huh. :ph34r:

She will be pleased....tomorrow I will bring to her....MAIL. :lol:

Archived