This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel--I'm probably oversimplfying and over-hoping, but--maybe if the candida and mercury get dealt with, the Lyme might end up being something that stays BENIGNLY in your system? Maybe the candida and the mercury act as catalysts to the Lyme, and once they are out of the picture, the Lyme might be something like the chicken pox virus, and just lie dormant in your body most of the time?

Alison...thats what I'm hoping for. :)

The Bioset lady did tell me a few weeks ago that just because I've been exposed to Lyme doesnt necessarily mean that its causing my symptoms. She said people can have the baceria and its not an active infection.

I guess theres no way to know until we get rid of layers of the onion. She had said back then that she couldnt guess as to what percentage Lyme is affecting my health....is it 90% of my problems or 5%?? She said we would figure out what was causing the most trouble as we go through the layers.

It looks like candida is enemy #1 from the results on the computer and from the results of the bloodwork. We still have more testing and treatments having to do with heavy metals and also Lyme and co-infectants. It'll be interesting to see how my body reacts to those things. I dont think it will be as bad as what was showing up with the molds and mycotoxins and yeasts.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Rinne,

Good to see you! I've been concerned about you. Glad you are starting to feel better. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have a question about "yeast". I had a stool test done back in November, which is how they knew about the H.Pylori and Klebsiella, but on that test "yeast" showed nothing. Is "yeast" the same thing as Candida?

There are lots of strains of yeast. Some strains are "friendlier" than others but you wouldnt want any of them to overgrow because its just not a good thing. Yeasts shouldnt be allowed to grow out of control in our bodies...they realease toxins.....just the same as any fungi. The toxin is like alcohol so it makes us have those "hungover" feelings and brainfog. It also burdens the liver and organs....not much different than if we were drinking alcohol day in and day out.

Candida Albicans is the strain to ususally cause illness....its very aggressive. It will take over the gut.....damage the intestinal lining and try to get through the gut wall and into the blood. It creates leaky gut which is why people with Candida get food and environmental allergies.

Its just a really mean fungus. :angry:

I've always known I have Candida to some extent but my first stool test through Great Smokies showed no yeast overgrowth. I was on the diet and taking antifungals at the time. The results also showed I was lacking beneficial bacteria....which means there was definately room for candida to be overgrown.

My second test (from HN) showed a light overgrowth and my third test (also from HN) showed no yeast overgrowth. Yes.....candida is the same as yeast. It will identify the strain...and if its pathogenic....such as Candida Albicans. Or you could be found to have a non-pathogenic yeast....but most likely its always Candida Albicans in us sick people with food intolerances. :(

The Bioset lady said it doesnt have to show up in a stool test to be there. I told her that I'd had 3 stool tests and it didnt mean anything to her. I dont think they are very reliable because nothing changed in my diet or symptoms from the time I had my sencond test and the time I had my third test. It showed up in only one of the tests.

I know shes going to be having me repeat this bloodtest to see if the numbers are going down with treatment so we'll see how it goes.

I'm excited for your appt. Saturday!! :D

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi Rinne, glad you are feeling better.

Susie, it was funny cuz I didn't notice any cravings when I first started the elimination diet--like for two weeks, but after adding a few things in and having gone on vacation, I am now craving sweets big time. Almost anything sweet will do, but would really LOVE some chocolate, lol. I know I've been WAY overeating fruit. :(

There are lots of strains of yeast. Some strains are "friendlier" than others but you wouldnt want any of them to overgrow because its just not a good thing. Yeasts shouldnt be allowed to grow out of control in our bodies...they realease toxins.....just the same as any fungi. The toxin is like alcohol so it makes us have those "hungover" feelings and brainfog. It also burdens the liver and organs....not much different than if we were drinking alcohol day in and day out.

Candida Albicans is the strain to ususally cause illness....its very aggressive. It will take over the gut.....damage the intestinal lining and try to get through the gut wall and into the blood. It creates leaky gut which is why people with Candida get food and environmental allergies.

Its just a really mean fungus. :angry:

I've always known I have Candida to some extent but my first stool test through Great Smokies showed no yeast overgrowth. I was on the diet and taking antifungals at the time. The results also showed I was lacking beneficial bacteria....which means there was definately room for candida to be overgrown.

My second test (from HN) showed a light overgrowth and my third test (also from HN) showed no yeast overgrowth. Yes.....candida is the same as yeast. It will identify the strain...and if its pathogenic....such as Candida Albicans. Or you could be found to have a non-pathogenic yeast....but most likely its always Candida Albicans in us sick people with food intolerances. :(

The Bioset lady said it doesnt have to show up in a stool test to be there. I told her that I'd had 3 stool tests and it didnt mean anything to her. I dont think they are very reliable because nothing changed in my diet or symptoms from the time I had my sencond test and the time I had my third test. It showed up in only one of the tests.

I know shes going to be having me repeat this bloodtest to see if the numbers are going down with treatment so we'll see how it goes.

I'm excited for your appt. Saturday!! :D

Okay, so I guess this answers my next question which is "if it showed no yeast does that mean I don't have Candida". :lol: Darned STUPID candida. I'm almost sure I have a problem with it. I can't take many sugars of any kind before my body starts doing weird stuff. I keep going into denial about it and justifiying it by saying "fruit is good", but truthfully, I think I just have to go back to meat and veggies for a while. Ugh. I'm so burned out on veggies, lol. :lol:

So the BioSET lady ordered a blood test? Wow, cool! :P

dlp252 Apprentice
I'm very excited for you and your bioset appointment. I hope you'll be able to post when you get back from that.

I will, although it may be much later in the day. My appointment is at 10:00, but right after I'm done I'm going to my mom's house cuz my uncle and his family are coming. We don't see them often (they live in GILROY for pete's sake (about a 35 minute drive, lol)...anyway, I'm anxious to see them, PLUS they may bring their new Nintendo Wii...which should be entertaining watching my mom and aunt try it out. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

I missed Mark's phone call as I decided to take a shower and Talitha couldn't get to the phone......

About 1 1/2 hours ago Patti was in recovery. Surgery went well.

dlp252 Apprentice
Anyone feeling BETTER?

I AM, I AM!!! :lol: After feeling near death the last two weeks, I now feel almost normal, which is still not great, but at least it's normal, lol. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
I missed Mark's phone call as I decided to take a shower and Talitha couldn't get to the phone......

About 1 1/2 hours ago Patti was in recovery. Surgery went well.

Yay!!! Did he mention how long it took...she asked me that and I thought I remembered mine taking about 3 or 4 hours.

AndreaB Contributor
they may bring their new Nintendo Wii...which should be entertaining watching my mom and aunt try it out. :lol:

Mitch's oldest Chris, told us about that. He has it. Sounds kinda like Nintendo is trying to encourage some excercise while you play. Need to make sure nothing breakable is around if anyone is like Chris's friend. :P

AndreaB Contributor
Yay!!! Did he mention how long it took...she asked me that and I thought I remembered mine taking about 3 or 4 hours.

She was sheduled to go in at 7:30. He made phone calls around 10 our time. The message got cut off. That would make it 5 1/2 hours but I don't know if she'd been in recovery for awhile or not. I was thinking it would be quicker than that, more like a c-section without the baby. I guess they have more things to sew up and take care of though. She also said she was having some damage removed from her section years ago. I forget what she called it. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Anyone feeling BETTER?

Oddly enough, I am. :) Christmas Eve I felt so bad that during Mass (I play flute at Mass), I had to go sit down for a while and let the other flute player stand alone (normally we cover two different Masses). It was just a couple days ago that I started having some energy for the first time since last JULY!! I don't know if it's here to stay, but I'm taking advantage of it while I can.

covsooze Enthusiast
My husband, daughter and I all find that a tsp. of pure apple cider vinegar in a glass of water completely eliminates gerd. Daughter (8 years old) drinks it every day as a preventive measure. She even takes it with her in her water bottle to school. I drink it when I eat something spicy or that has tomatoes. I try to remember to drink it every day as it's alkalinizing to the body even though its an acid.

Also, the salt/vitamin C cure for Lyme has something to do with the acid in the C, since I can't take much C (I'm finally up to 3000mg), I take the vinegar to provide the acid. It's similar to the theory of making pickles ... salt and acid = no bacteria. I'm trying to become a pickle.

It's probably a good idea to stay off the supplements for a time in the beginning ... I had to stop all mine for a week or two. Then I added mine back to see which one was bothering me. It was the vitamin C.

I've heard lots of people say that about apple cider vinegar, but I always thought vinegar was acidic. Am I just being thick here?! ;) I need to give something a try as my stomach is so sore. I'm taking nexium and antacids (gluten-free ones) at the moment out of sheer necessity, but I know they contain things not allowed on my diet. If I start the vinegar, could I do that straight away or should I leave that a week or two?

One more qu about the vinegar - are there likely to be any apple cider vinegars that have gluten in them?

Carla - I'm so glad your energy levels have picked up - long may it last :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

Only the apple cider "flavored" vinegars might have gluten.

I forget why it's alkalinizing, but even though it's an acid, it alkalinizes the system. Other vinegars do not.

Many people with stomach issues need MORE acid in their stomachs, not less. I find the vinegar settles my stomach down pretty quickly, even if I take it AFTER it's bothering me.

I would ask the person who put you on the elimination diet when it's okay to add it. You don't want to mess it up!!

I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.

Anonymousgurl Contributor
I AM, I AM!!! :lol: After feeling near death the last two weeks, I now feel almost normal, which is still not great, but at least it's normal, lol. :lol:

Oddly enough, I am. :) Christmas Eve I felt so bad that during Mass (I play flute at Mass), I had to go sit down for a while and let the other flute player stand alone (normally we cover two different Masses). It was just a couple days ago that I started having some energy for the first time since last JULY!! I don't know if it's here to stay, but I'm taking advantage of it while I can.

Yay, I'm glad to hear that you guys are feeling better too :) Yea it's funny, I was having a HORRIBLE week right after christmas...but then January 1st rolled around along with a brand new year, and I've been actually feeling okay :) So let's take this as a good sign for us! The end of a not-so-great year, and the beginning of one that's full of HEALTH and happiness :)

Fruit and Candida...I crave fruit too, like crazy. And I can't stop eating it (well, for a couple of reasons...the calories, the fiber...and the crave for it). But I know it's doing damage. Gosh...2 apples, 2 oranges and 1 pear a day...not to mention other sugars here and there (some in the occasional soy milk, or the fruit juice sweetened corn flakes, or the canned tomatoes i use with chicken). Wow now that i think about it...my candida problem is probably going to be IMPOSSIBLE to fix!

covsooze Enthusiast
Only the apple cider "flavored" vinegars might have gluten.

I forget why it's alkalinizing, but even though it's an acid, it alkalinizes the system. Other vinegars do not.

Many people with stomach issues need MORE acid in their stomachs, not less. I find the vinegar settles my stomach down pretty quickly, even if I take it AFTER it's bothering me.

I would ask the person who put you on the elimination diet when it's okay to add it. You don't want to mess it up!!

I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.

Thanks Carla. I will email my dietician now.

Fruit and Candida...I crave fruit too, like crazy. And I can't stop eating it (well, for a couple of reasons...the calories, the fiber...and the crave for it). But I know it's doing damage. Gosh...2 apples, 2 oranges and 1 pear a day...not to mention other sugars here and there (some in the occasional soy milk, or the fruit juice sweetened corn flakes, or the canned tomatoes i use with chicken). Wow now that i think about it...my candida problem is probably going to be IMPOSSIBLE to fix!

peace: do you sometimes feel it might be easier to eat nothing at all? ;) When I was researching the whole candida issue, what really confused me was all the different advice as to what you can and can't eat. I don't think I could survive on a strict anti-candida diet, so I really feel for you guys who are having to go through that.

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't think I could survive on a strict anti-candida diet, so I really feel for you guys who are having to go through that.

It really wasn't that bad...at least the rotation diet I did wasn't, but the first one I tried was just meat and veggies and it got really boring--one reason why I think I'm so burned out on veggies. I love veggies, but I just stare at them in my freezer (and not in a good way), lol. The worst thing about the anti-candida rotation diet was that on one of the days there wasn't many meat choices that I liked...that was the only negative thing, but somehow I did that diet for 6 months.

dlp252 Apprentice
Mitch's oldest Chris, told us about that. He has it. Sounds kinda like Nintendo is trying to encourage some excercise while you play. Need to make sure nothing breakable is around if anyone is like Chris's friend. :P

Yep, this is what my mom and I were talking about...great way to get in a little exercise but be really careful about breakables. :lol: I actually think I'd LOVE this if it had a tennis game, or bowling, or dancing or something like that. Can't justify buying it for only 1 or 2 games though. Course, I somehow justified buying 250 exercise videos, so maybe there's hope. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
She was sheduled to go in at 7:30. He made phone calls around 10 our time. The message got cut off. That would make it 5 1/2 hours but I don't know if she'd been in recovery for awhile or not. I was thinking it would be quicker than that, more like a c-section without the baby. I guess they have more things to sew up and take care of though. She also said she was having some damage removed from her section years ago. I forget what she called it. :ph34r:

I think I was in recovery for a while. I can't remember exactly how long, but maybe a couple of hours. For my surgery in January I was in recovery for at least 4 hours, lol, but that was because my room wasn't ready...no one told my mom, so the poor thing was really worried that something went terribly wrong. They finally let her come into the recovery room, which usually isn't done.

AndreaB Contributor
Yep, this is what my mom and I were talking about...great way to get in a little exercise but be really careful about breakables. :lol: I actually think I'd LOVE this if it had a tennis game, or bowling, or dancing or something like that. Can't justify buying it for only 1 or 2 games though. Course, I somehow justified buying 250 exercise videos, so maybe there's hope. :lol:

Chris said they had a sports cartridge/disk....whatever goes with this system.

His friend that was threatening to break everything was playing tennis or bowling I think.

AndreaB Contributor
I think I was in recovery for a while. I can't remember exactly how long, but maybe a couple of hours. For my surgery in January I was in recovery for at least 4 hours, lol, but that was because my room wasn't ready...no one told my mom, so the poor thing was really worried that something went terribly wrong. They finally let her come into the recovery room, which usually isn't done.

Much different than c-sections. It seems I was in surgery for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Recovery with the first was 1 1/2-2 hours since I dozed. Second one I was out within 1/2 hour because they needed the recovery room for someone else. Third, recovery was in the room along with all the baby stuff going on. Different hospital for the third. They let my stepdad come in recovery for the 2nd even though they weren't supposed to. They figured since I was doing well they would. Of course, with the section, Mitch was always allowed in for surgery and recovery. He wasn't in the room during the final part of the surgery though.....he always got to be with the baby. :) I think he was in the room the whole time with the last one though since the baby went back to the room with us before all the newborn stuff was done.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI ALL--RE PATTI'S SURGERY- :D

I JUST GOT ON TO SEE IF ANDREA HAD HEARD ANY MORE FROM MARK.

I HAD A DR APT SO DIDN'T GET BACK TILL ABOUT 2:00 AND AM JUST NOW CKING TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANY MORE NEWS..

THANKS ANDREA FOR POSTING EARLIER.

I POSTED THIS ON DAILY STRENGTH AS SOON AS MARK CALLED. THIS IS WHAT HE TOLD ME.

Subject: PATTI 'S OUT OF SURGERY --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:45- GOSH MARK JUST CALLED ME...SHE'S IN RECOVERY. HE HASN'T SEEN HER YET. ALL WENT WELL. MARK ASKED IF SHE WAS GROGGY AND THEY SAID NO. THEY DID A SPINAL SO GUESS SHE WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF SOME OF THE OTHER DRUGS..YEAH! MARK TALKED DR'S AND THEY DECIDED DURING SURGERY TO DO 'BOTH SIDE'S' NOT SURE WHAT HE MEANT AS I DIDN'T WANT TO HIT HIM WITH ALOT OF QUESTIONS. MARK SAID HE'D CALL ME WITH UP DATES.

I'M SO RELEIVED AS I KNOW YOU ALL ARE. :D

HUGS JUDY

AndreaB Contributor

Judy,

I wonder if they had to take both ovaries. I know she wanted to keep as much as possible.

I'm planning on calling her at home early next week. Didn't want to bother her before that.

I'll be looking forward to any updates you have before then. :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI AGAIN,

I JUST GOT A EMAIL FROM EVIE'S DAUGHTER, SHIRLEY.

SHE TOLD ME EVIE IS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING ACCESS TO THE SITE AND MISSES HER FRIENDS ON LINE.

EVIE HAS BEEN SO VERY ILL AGAIN.

INSTEAD OF POSTING THE NOTE SHE SENT ME ON LINE HERE, I DECIDED TO SEND A PERSONAL EMAIL TO MANY FRIENDS I HAVE IN A CONTACT LIST FROM HERE AND DAILY STRENGTH. I TOO AM HAVING SUCH TROUBLE ACCESSING THIS SITE (PARTLY MY COMPUTER PLUS I CAN'T READ THIS FONTS ANY LONGER HERE.)

OF COURSE I DON'T HAVE ALL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES BUT SINCE I DO HAVE SOME, MAYBE SOME OF YOU COULD EMAIL ME YOURS AND I'LL ADD YOU TO MY LIST.

I SUGGESTED TO SHIRLEY THAT IF SHE SENDS EVIE'S MAILING ADDRESS, WE CAN SEND HER SOME CARDS.

THE ONLY EMAIL THAT CAME BACK WAS MOMMA GOOSE..LISA DID YOU CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

I'VE HAD PEOPLE SAY THEY DIDN'T GET MY EMAILS SENT THROUGH THIS FORUM SO IF YOU PM ME WITH YOUR ADDRESS I'LL BE HAPPY TO ADD YOU

LET'S ALL SAY SOME PRAYERS FOR EVIE.

JUDY

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Judy,

I wonder if they had to take both ovaries. I know she wanted to keep as much as possible.

I'm planning on calling her at home early next week. Didn't want to bother her before that.

I'll be looking forward to any updates you have before then. :)

ANDREA, THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING BUT DIDN'T PUT IT DOWN AS DIDN'T WANT TO TYPE ANY MISS INFORMATION. bUT HE SAID 'BOTH SIDES'

I'LL POST IF I HEAR AND YOU DO THE SAME TOO PLEASE.

i JUST HAVE TO KEEP GOING TO GET A BROSER EVERYTIME I WANT TO GET INTO HERE OR A NEW SITE.

I DELETED ALL MY CONNECTIONS TO MY SITE AND THE INTERNET BROSER..WHAT A IDIOT I AM. SO NOW IT'S SUCH A CHORE TO GET INTO HERE.

HUGS

JUDY

AndreaB Contributor
OF COURSE I DON'T HAVE ALL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES BUT SINCE I DO HAVE SOME, MAYBE SOME OF YOU COULD EMAIL ME YOURS AND I'LL ADD YOU TO MY LIST.

Judy,

I sent you a pm.

Archived