This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea...I didnt forget about our chat. :)

I just back from my Dr. appt. and I have the NDF now. :)

My Dr. is still very serious about everything....not that its not serious stuff I'm dealing with....but sheeeesh. :rolleyes:

So I told him that mold and fungus keeps coming up as my strongest issue with BioSET and Anna wants to test me for the Aspergillus. He said he uses a lab that runs a whole mold panel. I told him noone is testing for aspergillus antibodies.....Annas already loked into it and only found this one lab.

I think he basically felt like I'm sensitive to molds so why test?? I said isnt it possible to have an aspergillus infection? He said yes... but then my sinus or respiratory tract would be affected. I told him that I do have sinus stuff going on....he said he doesnt think I have an infection. <_<

He said I'm just highly sensitive and reactive to molds...he said when the liver is compromised you get allergy symptoms. He said whatever I feel is because of that...and not necessarily infection.

He said he wanted to look at what mold tests were available and see what he could test me for.

I told him Anna already found the test and I have a labslip for it...I just need a place to get my blood drawn. It worked out because they have all the needed equipment there so they can take care of everything. They couldnt do it today since its Friday...and the blood needs to drawn early in the week. I'm going back on Tuesday for that.

I told him I'm seeing Dr. Derksen and he was happy about that...but he had no idea what ART is. :unsure:

I told him that mold/fungal and metals is showing up as my biggest problems and not so much Lyme. He said its really great if we dont have to worry about Lyme. :)

He said its hard getting rid of yeast when there are metals...and vice versa. The same thing with Lyme and mercury....they get tied up together.

This is one thing that Scott had wrote on his summary...

Metal and fungal issues are so closely interrelated that when you kill off large amounts of fungus, metals can be released. So, given what appears to be a significant fungal issue, I would really discuss the metals issue furthur with your Dr.

It goes either way.....chelating the metals can also worsen the fungal problems.....thats what my Dr. was telling me. I said "Shouldnt the yeast situation improve as metals are excreted??" :unsure:

He said that yes, eventually it will improve....but in the beginning it will probably get worse. :(

He brought up the ice cream and told me its really bad. I told him I'm so sensitive to the molds I cant eat vegetables....so what else can I do??

He said its a vicious cycle....the sugar feeds the yeast...the yeast burden makes me hypersensitive to molds/aspergillus. So I'm creating the problem by feeding yeast....but I'm reactive to the foods that dont feed yeast because of their fungal content. <_<

He said if I choose to continue with the ice cream I need to take alot of probiotics and make sure I'm controlling the yeast with nystatin. I told him the ice cream doesnt have mold issues and I dont react to it.....he said he cant think of a worse solution to the problem then ice cream. :(

I do think he's right because when I was on the candida diet and not eating starches or sugar...eventually I was eating veggies wihout alot of problems....its was mostly the supplements messing me up......but I could tolerate veggies alot better than I can now.

So yeah....even though I'm not reacting to the ice cream itself....its making me even more sensitive to mold. It really SUCKS :angry: ...but I'm gonna seriously limit my ice cream from now on. :(

The thing is....what do I eat in the meantime?? I'm still gonna be reactive to most veggies until the yeast is better under control. I will just live off meat....beef everyday. :rolleyes:

He said we're going in the right direction with this...we have to get the metals out...its the only way to really get the yeast situation controlled. We have to chelate or I'll never get better.

So he asked me if Anna has discussed chelation with me...does she think I can handle it? I told him she wants to put me on the NDF....and that they tested me for it yesterday. He said this is the best way to go....we cant do DMPS or any other synthetic chelator or I'll get way worse.

I asked him what is the difference...he said the difference is that the chemical chelators are more powerful and get more metals out (with risks)....whereas the NDF moves at a slower pace....takes longer....but its safe.

He said the NDF is effective but just takes longer to complete the process. I asked him how much longer?? He said if a person chelates with a chemical chelator and is done in 6 months time....that same person might take 9-12 months on NDF to get the same results.

He kept stressing that this stuff takes time and things dont get better overnight and we have to take baby steps. To me...a year is NOTHING. Heck...I've already been on this thread almost a year! :blink:

I've already been seeing him almost 5 months....time is flying by. If I'm making even small improvements along the way...I dont care if it takes TWO years. I just want to be on the right path and getting treated.

I havent had *any* treatment for the root problem in over 4 years. I'm just happy to get started on what I wanted to start on 3 years ago! Thats all I want right now....to get started. :)

He said we do not want to have set-backs along the way. He wants to progress without a worsening of symptoms and he wants to go SLOW.

I asked him about other patients on NDF...he said he has some that are on it and are doing well. I asked if the NDF is all they need to chelate....can they stay on it all the way through?? He said they are staying on it and its working...but he said that he has them on it to "clean up".....he's detoxing them after they've dealt with other issues. Heavy metals is not their *main issue* but they do need to detox it.

He said for me I will most definately need to "graduate" to DMPS or DMSA later on. I will eventually need the stronger chelators to help move things along and we will step-up when my body can handle it.

I wanted to do a challenge test but he said no. :(

He said even though the dose is small...its still one of the synthetic chelators and I'm not ready for even taking a small dose.

He said he does want the test....it will tell him alot as far as how mercury toxic I am and it will also give him an idea of how long I'll need to chelate.

He said I can only take 1/2 drop every other day. :blink:

He asked how much BioSET says I can tolerate? I told him up to 3 drops twice a day.....although I dont think I'll be able to handle it as far as excreting it.

He said he doesnt think I'll ever get up to 6 drops in one day. :huh:

I thought I could start at one drop a day. He said no....1/2 a drop every other day for the first week.

Then if I'm doing ok....I can go to 1/2 drop every day.

Then if I'm doing ok...after a couple weeks...I can go up to 1 drop a day.

I can keep going up gradually like that...he said probably up to 3 drops but I dont think he really believes I'll get to 3 drops. <_<

He said he has patients who cant get to 1 drop....they can only tolerate 1/2 drop a day and thats it.

I was like...."1/2 drop??? Can that even work??" :unsure:

He said "yeah...it works...it just takes longer."

I told him Denise at BioSET said the amount of time it takes depends on how well I can excrete it. He said that shes right. So I said..."How will I even know if I'm excreting anything?? :huh:

He said I'll know if I'm not excreting because I'll get sick. :(

He said when you are chelating metals you should not feel anything. Nothing should feel any different....if it does...its because its too much for you to excrete....the dose is too high.

You only want to pull out the amount of mercury that you can excrete without feeling anything. You dont want mercury getting backed up and redistributed....thats when you'll feel symptoms increasing.

He wants me to use NDF and go to the sauna as much as possible.... and in 2 months I'll see him again and he wants to be able to do the challenge test at that time. If I'm able to increase the NDF during this time he says I should be able to tolerate the challenge. I guess if I cant increase the NDF we wont be doing the challenge. <_<

I hope I can increase because I really want the challenge test...I wanna see how much mercury I'm dealing with. :unsure:

He also said I'm way too cold. :o

:lol: Ummmm...as if I didnt know that! :P

I'm freeeeeeeezing!! I want the heat wave back....please give me 100 + degree weather again!!!!

I hate winter right now. :angry:

I think the fact that I'm like a popsicle has alot to do with feeding the yeast also. :ph34r:

I've been like this ever since I got sick....except when I was on the candida diet....during that time I was not cold like this....and I also seemed to sweat more....whereas now I'm frozen and I cant sweat anything out. :(

He said the colder I am....the more "reactive" I am.

Oh.....he turned on an electric heater he had in the office and I reacted to it.... :ph34r:

He had to turn it off.....I cant deal with heaters except for my electric blanket....everything else bothers me.....especially those electric space heaters....for whatever reason. :unsure:

Stupid yeast. :angry:

I'm setting my goal for 1 year.....hopefully by 2008 I will have excreted alot of mercury and will be dealing with alot less fungi. :)

I hope with that....I'll be eating more foods and less chemically sensitive. :D

I'm starting the NDF tomorrow. I'm kind of scared though. :ph34r:

I asked him if I'll get back to the way I used to be before this happened?? He said no... :angry:

He said I'll get alot better but I'll always be a little sensitive....especially to chemicals. He said it wont be like it is now....but it wont be like it was before either.

He is not like any Dr. I've ever had before....I guess he wants to be realistic with me?? :unsure:

I guess its better to know what to expect....and to have a Dr. who's honest....but I do feel alot better when I'm lied to. :lol:

Anyway he said I'll get ALOT better...about 90% better at least. He said its no different than dealing with Lyme. He said people with Lyme dont get to be 100% better....but they can get close to it. Its the same for me...I wont be 100% but I'll be somewhere close to it.

I asked him WHY?? If all the mercury gets chelated and the yeast is back in normal levels....why cant I be like I was before....when I wasnt sensitive to anything??

He said it just doesnt work that way....for some reason when the liver gets under this much stress its just never "like new" again. My liver wont be like it was before all these toxins took their toll on it.

He said he gets the feeling I'll be quite happy with being at least 90% better. :)

Ummmm...YEAH!!

I'll take 90%.....I'm totally cool with 90% :) ....I do see myself pushing for 95 though. :lol:

I sure hope Lyme stays out of the picture...I really dont want to be dealing with Lyme on top of this....or underneath this....or on the side of this....or.....well you get the picture. :P

Its bad enough without having the extra burden of Lyme.

Lyme Lyme stay away......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
My first herx lasted 6 days. Now I'm doing a little better ... still a long way to go though.

Carla...good news!! You survived your first herx!! :)

One herx at a time.....and you'll get there. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

OK...back to the Aspartame questions.

4. What food contain aspartame?

Since the patent has expired, aspartame is in a minimum of 6000 foods and drugs. You have to read the labels and not use things with artificial or natural flavors where they can hide the components of aspartame.

Asapartame and MSG has a synergistic and addictive effect. It is marketed as aspartame, NutraSweet, Equal, E951, Canderel, Benevia, etc. There is a 2% law where they dont even have to label.

The yogurt industry has petitioned the FDA to allow aspartame in yogurt without labeling on two different occassions.

You have to go organic to be safe.

It is now in almost all of Wrigley's gums. These are some of the worst product, the aspartame goes through the saliva straight to the brain, like nitroglycerin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG....I am reading this for the first time as I type....and OMG...that is what happened to me with the gum!! :blink:

I clued in really fast....it was like nothing I can even describe....worse than drinking alcohol even.

At the time I still had my gold crown and amalgams in too!! So I was releasing tons of mercury while I chewed my aspartame filled gum. :o

No wonder all kinds of crazy things were happening to me. :(

I was chewing gum all day long because I was trying to quit smoking. After I realized what was happening with the gum I told everyone that smoking was way better for me than chewing gum with aspartame. I still stand by that statement.....if I had to suffer with either a cigarette or a stick of gum.....I wouldnt think twice...I'd take a whole pack of cigarettes before I'd take one stick of gum.

5. Once aspartame is in our bodies, can we ever get rid of it?

Cells regenerate and with detox, most symtpoms disappear.

(See Dr. Blaylock's detox program, What To Do If You Have Used Aspartame" www.wnho.net/wtdaspartame.htm).

However, the Trocho Study shows that the formaldehyde embalms living tissue so the chances are you will never get it all out. You become chemically hypersensitive and must watch what you eat the rest of your life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:blink::blink:

Wow...that seems extreme. :unsure:

I hope its nothing like that for me. :o

I never really consumed much aspartame as far as I know....I thought it was mainly in diet food?? :huh:

I didnt drink diet soda EVER...I didnt like the taste of anything "diet"......plus I always wanted to gain...not lose. I dont know if Aspartame is in regular food too?? :unsure:

Thats really scary...I know how I reacted with the gum....but I wasnt always chewing gum....it was mainly when I was quitting smoking....not before that.

I think I couldnt deal with the aspartame in the gum because of mercury coming out of the fillings....I hope I dont have formaldehyde stuck inside my tissue too. :(

Maybe its stuff like this that is the reason why after detox we cant get back to 100%??

Maybe we are too injured?? Maybe some stuff just wont ever come out??

Aspartame sucks. :angry:

7. Are there alternatives to aspartame sweeteners?

There are only two alternatives that I personally consider safe. One is Stevia which you can get in any health food store, and the other is Just Like Sugar made from chicory and orange peel you can get in Whole Foods, Wild Oats and other health food stores. Both are safe for diabetics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering why do people use aspartame or other "fake" sweeteners??

Even before I knew they were "bad" I always wondered why people didnt just use normal sugar?? :huh:

I just used regular sugar in my cereal or whatever.....it seems like that would actually be healthier than these chemicals that arent even real sugar?? I know some people might wanna avoid sugar for health reasons or something....but wouldnt artificial sweeteners be worse. Heck...they are "artificial"...how can anything "artifical" be a better alternative?? :huh:

NoGluGirl Contributor
OK...back to the Aspartame questions.

4. What food contain aspartame?

Since the patent has expired, aspartame is in a minimum of 6000 foods and drugs. You have to read the labels and not use things with artificial or natural flavors where they can hide the components of aspartame.

Asapartame and MSG has a synergistic and addictive effect. It is marketed as aspartame, NutraSweet, Equal, E951, Canderel, Benevia, etc. There is a 2% law where they dont even have to label.

The yogurt industry has petitioned the FDA to allow aspartame in yogurt without labeling on two different occassions.

You have to go organic to be safe.

It is now in almost all of Wrigley's gums. These are some of the worst product, the aspartame goes through the saliva straight to the brain, like nitroglycerin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG....I am reading this for the first time as I type....and OMG...that is what happened to me with the gum!! :blink:

I clued in really fast....it was like nothing I can even describe....worse than drinking alcohol even.

At the time I still had my gold crown and amalgams in too!! So I was releasing tons of mercury while I chewed my aspartame filled gum. :o

No wonder all kinds of crazy things were happening to me. :(

I was chewing gum all day long because I was trying to quit smoking. After I realized what was happening with the gum I told everyone that smoking was way better for me than chewing gum with aspartame. I still stand by that statement.....if I had to suffer with either a cigarette or a stick of gum.....I wouldnt think twice...I'd take a whole pack of cigarettes before I'd take one stick of gum.

5. Once aspartame is in our bodies, can we ever get rid of it?

Cells regenerate and with detox, most symtpoms disappear.

(See Dr. Blaylock's detox program, What To Do If You Have Used Aspartame" www.wnho.net/wtdaspartame.htm).

However, the Trocho Study shows that the formaldehyde embalms living tissue so the chances are you will never get it all out. You become chemically hypersensitive and must watch what you eat the rest of your life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:blink::blink:

Wow...that seems extreme. :unsure:

I hope its nothing like that for me. :o

I never really consumed much aspartame as far as I know....I thought it was mainly in diet food?? :huh:

I didnt drink diet soda EVER...I didnt like the taste of anything "diet"......plus I always wanted to gain...not lose. I dont know if Aspartame is in regular food too?? :unsure:

Thats really scary...I know how I reacted with the gum....but I wasnt always chewing gum....it was mainly when I was quitting smoking....not before that.

I think I couldnt deal with the aspartame in the gum because of mercury coming out of the fillings....I hope I dont have formaldehyde stuck inside my tissue too. :(

Maybe its stuff like this that is the reason why after detox we cant get back to 100%??

Maybe we are too injured?? Maybe some stuff just wont ever come out??

Aspartame sucks. :angry:

7. Are there alternatives to aspartame sweeteners?

There are only two alternatives that I personally consider safe. One is Stevia which you can get in any health food store, and the other is Just Like Sugar made from chicory and orange peel you can get in Whole Foods, Wild Oats and other health food stores. Both are safe for diabetics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even before I knew they were "bad" I always wondered why people didnt just use normal sugar?? :huh:

I just used regular sugar in my cereal or whatever.....it seems like that would actually be healthier than these chemicals that arent even real sugar?? I know some people might wanna avoid sugar for health reasons or something....but wouldnt artificial sweeteners be worse. Heck...they are "artificial"...how can anything "artifical" be a better alternative?? :huh:

Dear Rachel,

This is fascinating. It is like Kevin Trudeau said, the government is killing us! All of these chemicals in food are dangerous! And yes, I have heard of the "Mad as a Hatter" Syndrome. I recall hearing about before somewhere. Mercury is still used to tan leather furniture today. It is dangerous enhaling that stuff. I worry I may have mercury poisoning due to eating a lot of tuna. Also, I worry about aluminum poisoning, due to cooking in those foil bags a lot, and of course, some of that T-Fal stuff seems to be aluminum. I do not like the smell that comes from them when I cook either. They all seem to have some kind of chemical on them. It makes me dizzy and sometimes gives me a bit of a stomach ache. I am very sensitive to perfumes and things like that as well. Meanwhile, you guys will be happy to know that I explained to my parents that I could get disability if we prove I am a Celiac with testing. I told him about Enterolab, and the genetic testing. Who does the genetic testing? How much does it cost? The stool test for identifying gluten intolerance, Celiac, soy intolerance, egg intolerance, and casein intolerance I think is about $168. I would appreciate the info.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

AndreaB Contributor
I told him about Enterolab, and the genetic testing. Who does the genetic testing? How much does it cost? The stool test for identifying gluten intolerance, Celiac, soy intolerance, egg intolerance, and casein intolerance I think is about $168. I would appreciate the info.

Enterolab does genetic testing. They cannot test for celiac. They can only test for gluten sensitivity. The thing I assume is that if you have a celiac gene and an active intolerance that it is celiac, even if it's not progressed to alot of damage yet.

I could be wrong but that's my take. My family all have at least one celiac gene and even though our numbers were low through enterolab I believe we would have gotten worse had we continued eating gluten.

Rachel,

I didn't get a chance to respond earlier and now I'm up way to late.

Hubby and I are so excited for you and reading with interest your progress. :)

Aspartame in natural flavorings!?!? :o:angry: We avoid natural flavorings but thought natural flavors were ok. Grrrrr.

dlp252 Apprentice
I had my phone consultation this morning ... I'm continuing on the same meds, and my doc is adding two more -- one's an antibiotic, the other makes it work better and longer.

I asked about the lead. They said pretty much everyone tests positive for it and we weren't going to do anything about it until I was feeling somewhat better. So, I'm doing things in the opposite order as Rachel! I guess different methods work for different people.

One of my tests showed that my immune system was lowered from this.

My first herx lasted 6 days. Now I'm doing a little better ... still a long way to go though.

Thanks for the update! I think lead was one of the things that showed up on BioSET, but I don't remember it being big...I just remember mercury and cadmium coming up. Hum, what test was it that showed lowered immune system...sounds interesting. Glad you are doing better after your herx.

...he said when the liver is compromised you get allergy symptoms. He said whatever I feel is because of that...and not necessarily infection.

The thing is....what do I eat in the meantime?? I'm still gonna be reactive to most veggies until the yeast is better under control. I will just live off meat....beef everyday. :rolleyes:

I wanted to do a challenge test but he said no. :(

You only want to pull out the amount of mercury that you can excrete without feeling anything. You dont want mercury getting backed up and redistributed....thats when you'll feel symptoms increasing.

Okay, the allergy symptom thing caught my eye, lol. I'm pretty sure that's half of my problems and that my "allergies" aren't true allergies.

I'll be your beef buddy. :lol:

I'm glad you aren't going to do the challenge yet...from what I've been reading it can make one very ill and so I'm glad you'll be going a bit slower. And, the excretion thing is also interesting...so is he saying that if you only pull out a little mercury from the tissue that our body naturally tries to excrete it? I was getting confused on that point by what I've been reading...it doesn't sound like it goes anywhere unless you are taking something that "binds" with it, which really sucks, lol.

I can tell you why, lol, at least for me anyway. Sugar (real) has "bothered" me for several years. I felt weird when I ate it...but it was hard to explain how it made me feel weird (now I think I know it was candida/adrenals, but it also seemed like hypoglycemia), but the other part of it was weight...I needed to cut some calories somewhere and that seemed like an easy enough place. I drank, um, maybe one diet soda per day every summer for quite a few years, and chewed sugarfree gum too. In later years I did try to use Sucralose instead cuz while it was still artificial, I hadn't heard nearly as many bad things about it as I did aspartame. So here I am now with Stevia, yuck, lol. :lol:

Meanwhile, you guys will be happy to know that I explained to my parents that I could get disability if we prove I am a Celiac with testing. I told him about Enterolab, and the genetic testing. Who does the genetic testing? How much does it cost? The stool test for identifying gluten intolerance, Celiac, soy intolerance, egg intolerance, and casein intolerance I think is about $168. I would appreciate the info.

Good for you!!! Sounds like they may be agreeable which is fantastic! I was tested for genes with Enterolabs and I have 1 gene which is associated with Celiac and 1 that is associated with intolerance. I did test positive for gluten and casein intolerance but was okay with egg and yeast. I had the whole panel done (didn't include soy at that time though) and it was around $350 I think.

The thing I assume is that if you have a celiac gene and an active intolerance that it is celiac, even if it's not progressed to alot of damage yet.

Yep, I tend to agee.

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

I assume you have bioSET this morning? I'll be waiting for your update.

I talked to my doctor yesterday about probiotics. I started taking them last night (we bought what Mercola recommends). Going to mix some for the kids in with frozen blueberries with a little pear juice.

He told me about a toxic free dentist in the midsouth that I'll look into getting to later this year. We were planning on paying down some of our credit. I'll have to figure out if I can do my teeth and still have the kids tested with bioSET. Don't think I could swing everything. He told me that having the amalgams removed would be like a triple hit with mercury but it'd be over with and the body wouldn't be taking in anymore since they'd be gone. He explained that it would be like 3 days leach of mercury in one day. So many things we'd like to do (for our health) and so little money. :(

I'm still excited about everyone's progress and sharing. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
I do think he's right because when I was on the candida diet and not eating starches or sugar...eventually I was eating veggies wihout alot of problems....its was mostly the supplements messing me up......but I could tolerate veggies alot better than I can now.

So yeah....even though I'm not reacting to the ice cream itself....its making me even more sensitive to mold. It really SUCKS :angry: ...but I'm gonna seriously limit my ice cream from now on. :(

isn't the issue with molds moreso on fresh vegetables as opposed to frozen vegetables? I would think you should be okay cooking frozen veggies and eating them within a day.. they might not be as healthy and nutrient-filled as fresh veggies but it might be a better alternative in regards to the molds concern

as for eating beef everyday, I don't know if you were saying it mostly in jest, but I'm not sure beef is the best meat to be eating daily.. I think it is more inflammatory than most, if not all meats, as well as being one of the most acidic... meats like lamb and chicken are less acidic.. I'm not saying to not eat beef at all, just that I wouldn't recommend living off of it... I'm trying to do a loose rotation with my foods and eat a few pounds of beef every 4 days or so and have lamb, chicken, pork, and turkey on the other 3 days

as for aspartame being hidden in artificial/natural flavors and not being required to be labeled at certain amounts, that's news to me... fortunately, I'm not eating many foods at all right now that have ingredient lists longer than one word, but that definitely sucks about the aspartame labeling or lack thereof.. I thought that ingredient was one that was pretty identifiable by looking for aspartame or phenylalanine.. good old FDA regulations...

apparently, there's a similar sweetener Neotame (also from Monsanto) that was approved a few years ago and it looks like it can be hidden as well in "flavors" if below a certain amount... additionally, a warning isn't required for phenylalanine: (from the FDA site) "Tarantino says that neotame is structurally similar to aspartame. 'The potential release of phenylalanine from neotame is so limited that a warning for phenylketonuric-type individuals isn't warranted,' she says."

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Carla. :)

Hope these new meds don't cause a whole lot of problems for you.

Thank you. I started it last night and am apparently already herxing from the new stuff. I did pretty well for two days, so it has to be from this new stuff. Borrelia can live in three forms, and my old meds went after two of the forms ... this one kills the third. They also go after the babesia.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Anyway he said I'll get ALOT better...about 90% better at least. He said its no different than dealing with Lyme. He said people with Lyme dont get to be 100% better....but they can get close to it. Its the same for me...I wont be 100% but I'll be somewhere close to it.

I have had this for so long, I don't have any idea what 100% would be like! I'm sure I'll THINK I'm 100% even if I'm not ... after all, I've had it for over 30 years, so 90% would be better than I've ever felt!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hum, what test was it that showed lowered immune system...sounds interesting.

I don't know. Since it was a 15 minute phone consultation, I didn't have anything in writing to look at. It was some blood test ... maybe for immunoglobin? I had so much blood work done that we only talked about what was abnormal.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
I think I am living proof that one can be VERY mercury toxic and test negative for mercury.

in the studies that I've seen testing the hair of kids for mercury after getting vaccinations, kids who aren't being diagnosed with autism average around 3.5 (I forget the unit) whereas the kids with autism average around 0.5... there was also a correlation found between the lower the mercury content in hair with the more severe the case of autism... apparently, most other metals show up high in the hair but because of the binding nature of mercury, it is low in kids who aren't able to detox it...

as for doing a blood test of mercury, I think it would only show up high for mercury if done right after a vaccination... otherwise, from what I understand a blood test for mercury toxicity is about as useful as testing someone's BAC a week after they drank

She told me that there all sorts of lawsuits out there from parents of Autistic kids...against the vaccine makers. Now all of these lawsuits are dismissed and noone can claim a lawsuit against the vaccine makers. They are now protected from any liability and can use thimersol in any vaccination.

Has anyone else heard this?? :blink:

She said that Autism is on the rise because of the amount of thimersol in the vacs and also the amount of vacs the children are getting in a short time. It triggers things in genetically susceptible kids.

I asked what does someone do to avoid this?? She said that you can get good Dr. who will work with you as far as sceduling the vaccinations. She said you wait till they are 2 years old....and then space them out. She said some of the vacs arent even necessary. You can cut down on the amount of vacs because some of them are not needed.

She also said that they can do genetic testing. They know which genetic markers to look for....they know which kids can be genetically susceptible. I would think that *all* kids should be genetically tested before vaccinations if thats the case??

She said the test is $800...so no....they wont test kids automatically. The cost of life-time treatment for one kid with Autism adds up to quite a bit....but still insurance isnt gonna pay for genetic testing for every kid....even if it can prevent this kind of stuff from happening. :(

if a vaccine gets recommended by the CDC for usage for children, then the vaccine companies are no longer liable for any illness or injury a child may experience... from the CDC on its National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP):

"The VICP, which went into effect on October 1, 1988, is a no-fault alternative to the traditional tort system for resolving vaccine injury claims, whether the vaccine is administered in the public or private sector. Since its inception, the VICP has been a key component in stabilizing the U.S. vaccine market by providing liability protection to both vaccine companies and health care providers, by encouraging research and development of new and safer vaccines, and by providing for a more streamlined and 'less-adversarial' alternative to the traditional tort system for resolving claims. The VICP covers all vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for routine administration to children. The vaccines currently covered include: diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTP, DTaP, DT, TT or Td), measles, mumps, rubella (MMR or any components), polio (OPV or IPV), hepatitis B, haemophilus influenza type b (Hib), varicella, rotavirus, and pneumococcal conjugate."

as for cutting down on the vaccinations, you can only cut down on any vaccinations which aren't required for your given state... and most vaccines (dtp, mmr, polio, varicella, hib, etc.) are required in nearly every state, if not every state... if your child doesn't get the required vaccines, they will be denied entry to school and you may be denied health care coverage as well...

there are exemptions you can try to get but that varies state by state... I think 48 of the 50 states allow for religious exemptions and 17 or 19 states allow for philosophical exemptions as well.. you can get a medical exemption but that would have to fall in line with a given guideline and only lasts as long as your child has a medical condition that prevents them from being able to receive the vaccine... I think the flu shot (which isn't mandatory yet, at least not in most states if any) has eggs and therefore a kid with an egg allergy wouldn't be required to get that

also, if there is an outbreak of a disease that your kid is not vaccinated against, your kid would be required to stay home from school if they had not got the vaccination in the first place due to an exemption... now I'm not exactly sure why there would be an outbreak of a disease in the first place if that disease has been vaccinated against for everyone without exemptions (which is nearly everybody)

as for the genetic testing, I was thinking that maybe you could somehow link that to getting a medical exemption if you get a doctor who is willing to consider this... I only skimmed through NJ's medical exemption requirements a few weeks ago and don't know if this is feasible... even if the required vaccinations don't currently have thimerosol, they'll typically have something like aluminum or formaldehyde, that may be enough for certain doctors to try and aid you in getting a medical exemption...

I heard this from Mercola's e-newsletter update a few days ago. It's quite disturbing and I've also heard (whether true or not) that states will be working towards not being able to get exemptions. 1 or 2 are already hard to get exemptions in.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it became progressively harder and harder to get exemptions... the govt is clearly pressing forward with mandatory vaccination programs and constantly bumping up the number of vaccinations... there are 4 additional vaccines in consideration to be made mandatory in NJ for children, one of which is the flu vaccine which definitely contains thimerosol... and Gardasil is likely right around the corner after that

I remember when my cat got sick after she got 3 vaccines at once. After that, I stopped vaccinating her completely.

The autism websites seem to be most up to date on this kind of info. I have a link at my home computer about how to look up vaccines by the year and see which ones have thimerisol and which ones don't.

without searching for any information on the subject, I've come across a decent amount of info recently about pets getting sick due to vaccinations... their immune systems attacking their own cells, etc.

and I know you said you couldn't find that link to search for the content of vaccinations in past years, but if you do come across it, I'd be interested in checking that out

I watched a 90 minute mercury and autism vaccine speech by a radiologist in CA (forget his name) and it had a lot of interesting information... second half got more into the reasons behind this which may turn people off (ie. govt intent, population control, etc.) although it's hard to argue with most of what he presented... first half was strictly mercury dangers, thimerosol in vaccines, etc. and it's really unbelievable that the govt hasn't outlawed thimerosol in vaccines...

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Meanwhile, you guys will be happy to know that I explained to my parents that I could get disability if we prove I am a Celiac with testing. I told him about Enterolab, and the genetic testing. Who does the genetic testing? How much does it cost? The stool test for identifying gluten intolerance, Celiac, soy intolerance, egg intolerance, and casein intolerance I think is about $168. I would appreciate the info.

The test is around $350.

It includes gluten IgA antibodies, tTG, malabsorption, IgA casein antibodies and genetic testing.

As for getting disability with a Celiac diagnosis...I havent heard of this but I do know that Enterolab cant actually diagnose you with Celiac. Even if the test is positive for antibodies and you carry a gene...it doesnt actually *prove* Celiac.

You can assume its Celiac but as far as a Dr. confirming it or getting disability based on Enterolab results....I dont think it could happen since its not a diagnosis in itself.

Anything is worth a try but I would look into it before shelling out the money and not getting anything out of it.

Arent people generally eligible for disability when a Dr. takes them off work regardless of the reason?? I was on disability for 2 years and never had a diagnosis during that time. I was just "ill" and the Dr. had me off of work.....so I got disability during that time.

diamondheart Newbie

Carla, I hope this herx isn't too brutal. Hope you feel better soon!

Rachel, I thought you gave the ice cream up :huh: ? That sucks about eating one food. I hope the NDF works for you. It seems that you could figure out how much your body can tolerate. At least you know it's somewhere between what your doctor and the BioSET people are telling you. I don't get how you take 1/2 a drop :huh: ?

He said he gets the feeling I'll be quite happy with being at least 90% better. :)

Ummmm...YEAH!!

I'll take 90%.....I'm totally cool with 90% :) ....I do see myself pushing for 95 though. :lol:

My SIL met this older woman who seemed really happy. She asked her how she kept so upbeat. The woman said that as long as she's at 80% that she feels like she's doing pretty good. Now my SIL as adopted this attitude, which I really admire! So, here's to 80% :lol: ! And 90% is even better than that!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I did the whole gluten panel at Enterolab for $380, including the genetic testing. It's helpful to know if you have one of the celiac genes, but you can be celiac without the two genes that are typically recognized as being associated with celiac disease, DQ2 and DQ8. I'm including a link to a website that talks about diagnostic testing. A endoscopy with biopsy is the "gold standard" to getting diagnosed as celiac, but it's kinda worthless if you have given up gluten. Same goes with the blood testing. The Enterolab testing will pick up antibodies after you have given up gluten, but don't wait too long. Eventually, you won't show any antibodies if you have been off gluten for four months or longer. That was the case with me, but it could have also had something to do with me being low on IgA. I have heard of people being diagnosed with celiac disease if they don't have the biopsy, but have some of the other blood markers.

Open Original Shared Link

I saw Dr. F yesterday. Not much new to report. He just switched my herbs around. I no longer have to take the herbs for the bacterial dysbiosis :D , so let's hope they are gone for good! Plus, I'm eating homemade kefir now, and I hope the good biotics will defeat the bad biotics. I also was given some digestive enzymes made from the folks at BioSET for sugar/starch digestion. I think I'll get tested in other 3 to 4 weeks for pathogens to make sure everything is gone and I haven't picked up C. diff from DH. I think I'm at least at 80%, which is something to :D about!

Claire

AndreaB Contributor
there was also a correlation found between the lower the mercury content in hair with the more severe the case of autism... apparently, most other metals show up high in the hair but because of the binding nature of mercury, it is low in kids who aren't able to detox it...

This goes along with what my doctor just told me. If the hair doesn't register mercury it's more of a signal that the body can't detox it.

Carla,

Hope this herx is short lived. If we don't see much of you we'll know you don't feel well enough to post. :(

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

Hope this herx is short lived. If we don't see much of you we'll know you don't feel well enough to post. :(

Thanks ... Actually, I'm the opposite of most ... I post MORE when I feel bad! I have a laptop and it's my "entertainment" when I'm laying around ... when I feel good, I'm too busy to be here!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm glad you aren't going to do the challenge yet...from what I've been reading it can make one very ill and so I'm glad you'll be going a bit slower. And, the excretion thing is also interesting...so is he saying that if you only pull out a little mercury from the tissue that our body naturally tries to excrete it? I was getting confused on that point by what I've been reading...it doesn't sound like it goes anywhere unless you are taking something that "binds" with it, which really sucks, lol.

Donna...you need something that pulls mercury out of the tissue but also binds with it so that it can be excreted. Just mobilzing it is not effective and can cause more damage. Cliantro mobilizes mercury but does not bind with it and allow for it to be excreted safely. Cilantro is not a good choice on its own and will just redistribute mercury without a binder to safely remove the mercury.

Cilantro

This kitchen herb is capable of mobilizing mercury, cadmium, lead and aluminum in both bones and the central nervous system. It is probably the only effective agent in mobilizing mercury stored in the intracellular space (attached to mitochondria, tubulin, liposomes etc) and in the nucleus of the cell (reversing DNA damage of mercury). Because cilantro mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places.

This process is called re-toxification. It can easily be avoided by simultaneously giving an intestinal toxin-absorbing agent. Our definite choice is the algal organism chlorella. A recent animal study demonstrated rapid removal of aluminum from the skeleton superior to any known other detox agent.

That was from Klinghardt's detox protocol.

The NDF I'm taking has both cilantro and chlorella...there's something different about the NDF though...its not regular chlorrela in the NDF...it somehow is more capable of binding with the mercury and removing it....but the pathway needs to be working or you can get sick. You can get sick with anything if things arent working right in your body. The chlorella in NDF is broken down so that it gets to places where other chlorella does not...thats my understanding anyway.

The chlorella present in NDF is very special in that it is broken down into very tiny particles.

Because the particles are so tiny, NDF has a distinct advantage over conventional chelation drugs (chelators remove heavy metals from the body). These tiny chlorella particles are able to reach organs in the body like your liver and brain to remove metals, such as mercury, aluminium and lead, which may have been building up for many years.

NDF is not normal Chlorella.

A prominent scientist in the heavy metal toxicity field has had doubts that NDF could work. With all the proof and case histories we have, I could not understand why. I finally found out that he thought NDF was normal chlorella. If I thought NDF was normal chlorella I wouldn't think it could work either!

This incorrect assumption precluded him from looking at the clinical trails data that we do have, most notably the increase in urinary excretion of all heavy metals in the first urination following the dose of NDF. Of further interest is the proven fact (with atomic aborbpon spectroscopy) that it takes 500 mg. of normal chlorella to bind as much methyl mercury as 10 mg. of NDF.

This is a very important detail to understand.

I've been reading and some people have gotten really sick from NDF and some people have gotten totally better. I think the risks are still there if you are not adressing other things in your body that may cause you to not excrete the mercury.....or if you do not go very slowly with the NDF.

Here is some stuff that could get in the way and cause a worsening of symptoms...

1. More toxins have been mobilized than the chelator can bind and or the patient's pathways of elimination can excrete, and that the resulting symptoms are caused by the redeposition of the remaining toxins in the body.

2. The chelator is toxic in and of itself.

3. Over dosage of an appropriate chelator.

4. An allergic reaction to the chelator or the mobilized metals.

5. Inappropriate selection of chelator / pathway of elimination.[2]6. The patient has a low battery focus[3] and cannot utilize the remedy they need.

7. There is an unidentified focus with greater priority; i.e. a chronic condition (metal toxicity) is being treated in the presence of an acute condition (such as a 'healing crisis', sub clinically infected root canals, sinus, appendix, sudden emotional stress, etc.)

8. Blocked autonomic regulation.

9. Instability of the central nervous system (CNS).

10. Inadequate, inappropriate or toxic drainage remedies.

Disruption of homeostasis by any of the above causes weakening of the system that predisposes the patient to either an acute exogenous or endogenous infection, or an acute flare up of their chronic condition. Common sense indicates that if the diagnosis, prescription and dosage are correct the patient will only be and feel better.

I know that I'm ok with #8 for sure because it was the first thing checked in my ART session...my autonomic regulation system is open. :D

Check out this site for a TON of information about mercury, detox, case histories, NDF, the other chelators, etc...this site is loaded with info.

The site comes from the guy who invented NDF.

I was happy to see that Dr. Klinghardt was one of the Dr.'s endorsing NDF. :)

Heres more info about the chlorella in NDF

The Chlorella in NDF is "nanoized"....which is what makes it different.

With regular chlorella...excretion is through the bowels and with NDF its through urine....so the pathways are different.

Chlorella is known in mining to bind heavy metals to its cell wall. Yet many people have taken Chlorella with no benefit. The reasons are that all of the available chlorella is not really 'cell wall broken' and that most of it is already contaminated with heavy metals. In the past, Chlorella was only known to mobilize fecal excretion of metals. In NDF, because it is nanonized, it can cross the gut blood barrier and thus facilitate elimination via the urine. Enclosed are before and after micrographs of our processing of the best, heavy metal free, currently available 'Broken Cell Chlorella' taken at 400x on a DarkField microscope:

You can see microscopic pictures of chlorella before nanoization...during...and after.

Donna....it really is good that I'm not doing a challenge right now and I was very scared of it...but it would have been nice if I could of had a baseline to see where I was before starting NDF.

It makes me feel better about my Dr. though. He obviously knows what he's doing and isnt gonna put me at risk. I feel safer that way. :)

Some Dr.'s will treat everyone the same and its just not the case....some people can get really injured if things arent done right.

I havent had ice cream in 24 hours. :o

AndreaB Contributor
I havent had ice cream in 24 hours. :o

You're doing good Rachel!! :P

I bookmarked that site for later perusal. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And, the excretion thing is also interesting...so is he saying that if you only pull out a little mercury from the tissue that our body naturally tries to excrete it?

If everything were working perfectly in the body and all detox pathways were functioning to 100% of their capability....we could detox alot of mercury at once and I could be starting out with a normal dose of IV DMPS.

This isnt the case though...everyone is different and for some....one detox pathway may be working better than another and there are a million other factors that can hinders the bodies ability to detox. Nobody knows how much an "ideal" dose of a chelator would be for them.

This is why my Dr. has me starting on only 1/2 drop every other day. He does not know that 1 drop every day wont totally flood my system with metals and cause a setback. It can happen if my pathway isnt working well.

I'm glad with NDF the pathway for excretion is urine....I feel better about that then I would if it were fecal. I'm drinking more water and also he wants me to go to the sauna.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
isn't the issue with molds moreso on fresh vegetables as opposed to frozen vegetables? I would think you should be okay cooking frozen veggies and eating them within a day.. they might not be as healthy and nutrient-filled as fresh veggies but it might be a better alternative in regards to the molds concern

I tried the frozen veggies a couple weeks ago...as an alternative. I only started out with frozen peas and didnt notice any trouble so went and bought several bags of frozen veggies. I'm still limited with what I can have though...I dont do well with certain veggies anyway.

When I tried more peas I got mouth blisters. :(

I did buy a different brand the second time so I'm gonna try again and see what happens. I will stick with the first brand I tried. ;)

as for eating beef everyday, I don't know if you were saying it mostly in jest, but I'm not sure beef is the best meat to be eating daily.. I think it is more inflammatory than most, if not all meats, as well as being one of the most acidic... meats like lamb and chicken are less acidic.. I'm not saying to not eat beef at all, just that I wouldn't recommend living off of it... I'm trying to do a loose rotation with my foods and eat a few pounds of beef every 4 days or so and have lamb, chicken, pork, and turkey on the other 3 days

I sort of have to go with what works for me and unfortuantely cant pick and choose my meats. I'm stuck with beef. :(

I cant tolerate chicken, lamb, buffalo, turkey, duck, or anything else I've tried. I only do well with organic grass-fed beef.

I'm extremely sensitive to mycotoxins and I dont know if thats why I cant have any meats which are grain-fed.....all I know is I cant. :(

Right now my yeast is out of control so I'm thinking when it gets better under control I wont be as sensitive and can start eating other meats.

Ideally, I would want to eat chicken and lamb....but those are actually more imflammatory for me right now.

I cant follow any kind of "ideal" diet because I'm in a situation where I'm sensitive to over 95% of foods and alot of what I should be able to eat for a healthy diet ....I cannot eat without worsening my symptoms.

The main thing I'm working on is correcting the situation which is causing the sensitivities in the first place. I dont place alot of concern on my diet right now...because I really cant do much other than what I'm already doing.

Definately ridding my body of mercury and yeast is gonna allow for me to eat more healthy foods and have a wider variety of foods to choose from. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
as for doing a blood test of mercury, I think it would only show up high for mercury if done right after a vaccination... otherwise, from what I understand a blood test for mercury toxicity is about as useful as testing someone's BAC a week after they drank

Yeah....this is my understanding as well. A blood test is pretty much only useful in the case of an acute poisoning and in this case you would more than likely be hospitilized. The levels can remain high in your blood in a situation like this.

In June 1997, Karen Wetterhahn, 48, a Dartmouth College cancer research scientist whose specialty was dangerous heavy metals, died of dimethyl mercury poisoning, ten months after she spilled one to several drops of it on her rubber gloves while she was studying how mercury prevents cells from repairing themselves. Tests after the spill revealed that the mercury could pass quickly through the rubber latex gloves without damaging them. Three months after the spill, Dr. Wetterhahn experienced two episodes of nausea and vomiting. Two months later, she began losing her balance and having speaking and hearing difficulties. At the time she was hospitalized, tests showed 80 times the lethal dose of mercury in her blood. She then went into a coma until her death.
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have had this for so long, I don't have any idea what 100% would be like! I'm sure I'll THINK I'm 100% even if I'm not ... after all, I've had it for over 30 years, so 90% would be better than I've ever felt!

Yeah....I think my problem is that I wasnt sick for 31 years and then BAMN.....I was hit hard. :(

So yeah....I'll definately notice if I'm not 100%.....but after all of the heinosities I've dealt with in a short time....I will gladly take 90% and not complain about the other 10%. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I thought you gave the ice cream up :huh: ?

I did for a very short period (days). :P

I had to go back on ice cream because the veggies and other foods I was trying were making me sick. I was having reactions to them. :(

I don't get how you take 1/2 a drop :huh: ?

I rememeber asking that same question on this thread several months back. :lol:

I actually forgot the answer so when my Dr. said 1/2 drop......I had to ask him "How do I get 1/2 drop?"

He laughed and said "Ahhh...I knew you would ask....everyone asks this!!" :lol:

You put one drop in a glass of water and then you drink half of the water in the glass. :rolleyes:

I remember having visions of trying to "seperate" one drop into halves by cutting it somehow. :huh::lol:

Once I put the NDF in...I had to stir it up cuz the stuff was just "sitting" on top of the water.

He said to put the rest in the fridge and drink the other half next time. Since he wants me starting out on every other day....he said I'll just have to throw away the other half of water but when I go to daily...I can save the other half and drink it the next day.

NDF is expensive and I dont wanna throw out even half a drop!! :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You're doing good Rachel!! :P

Thanks Andrea!! :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah....I think my problem is that I wasnt sick for 31 years and then BAMN.....I was hit hard. :(

So yeah....I'll definately notice if I'm not 100%.....but after all of the heinosities I've dealt with in a short time....I will gladly take 90% and not complain about the other 10%. :D

I actually plan on getting back a lot more than 90%! Some people on Lymenet mention being 99.9%. I think a lot has to do with taking good care of yourself. I would imagine that most don't get complete healing because of our poor American diet. Even just a few years ago I had more energy than most people my age, and I was infected then! I think it had a lot to do with eating healthy and taking supplements. My body was able to keep the infection under control until I had a stressful situation.

So, WE are coming back MORE than 90%!! :P

Archived