This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, the low adrenals COULD be caused by the mercury toxicity ... but then again, we have to ask the question, "Why aren't you detoxing the mercury on your own?"

I agree completely! I've mentioned the mercury toxicity to them as a possible cause for the adrenal situation, but they haven't commented much on it, at least not yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
When do you find out whether the long regime of medicine took care or that?

I think it takes about two weeks...so I just sent it in on Saturday, so probably not until the first week of March at the earliest.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, there is a thread over at Lymenet that says this:

A recent study at the University of New Haven in Connecticut revealed that ticks tested carried not only Bb, but Babesia, Ehrlichia, Bartonella as well as other organism that have previously been found such as HHV6-A. Babesia, Ehrlichia and HHV6-A require different treatment protocols.

What caught my attention was the HHV6-A ... isn't that something you tested positive for?

Here's the thread Open Original Shared Link

It's a long article with lots of scientificness.

diamondheart Newbie
I have been doing the castor oil compresses too. I use a hot water bottle, it was recommended over the electric heating pad as there is something about electric blankets that supposedly disrupts our bodies energy field. I boil the water for it and find that it stays hot enough for the hour treatment.

I LOVE hot water bottles! The first time I used one was for castor oil packs too. I used to do them when I was trying to rid myself of the fibroids naturally. I just did one the other night for the first time in forever to help with the massive cramping I got from the Clomid I took. I produced 7 follicles :o and was cramping badly before ovulation. I think castor oil packs are also good for intestinal healing, but frankly, I'm too lazy to do that :ph34r: . Rinne, is that why you use the castor oil? My hot water bottle will stay hot all night long if I have it under the covers :) .

I agree completely! I've mentioned the mercury toxicity to them as a possible cause for the adrenal situation, but they haven't commented much on it, at least not yet.

I wonder about the vaccines for you Donna. Didn't you mention that they showed up on your BioSET? Metals showed up in my first BioSET treatment, and they were cleared in one session. Dr. F still recommends I get rid of my amalgams (5) at some point. I'm pretty sure the MMR vaccine they made me get in grad school in my late 20's messed me up. I looked up that vaccine, and it did have thimerisol at that time :angry: .

Off for my next ultrasound!

Claire

dlp252 Apprentice
I wonder about the vaccines for you Donna. Didn't you mention that they showed up on your BioSET? Metals showed up in my first BioSET treatment, and they were cleared in one session. Dr. F still recommends I get rid of my amalgams (5) at some point. I'm pretty sure the MMR vaccine they made me get in grad school in my late 20's messed me up. I looked up that vaccine, and it did have thimerisol at that time :angry: .

Off for my next ultrasound!

Hope the ultrasound goes well!

Yes, vaccines showed up on the BioSET and the specific thing Anna said was that at some point I had a reaction to a vaccine. :angry: I think I had every vaccine known to man as a child in the 50s/60s so I'm sure they were all full of thimerisol... I'm not sure what other vaccines have them, but in addition to the standard childhood stuff I've also had some sort of vaccination before I traveled to Guatemala in 1995 (wish I could remember what it was--probably a booster of some sort) and of course I've had a flu shot every year since 1994 or so (except this year). :(

NoGluGirl Contributor
Hope the ultrasound goes well!

Yes, vaccines showed up on the BioSET and the specific thing Anna said was that at some point I had a reaction to a vaccine. :angry: I think I had every vaccine known to man as a child in the 50s/60s so I'm sure they were all full of thimerisol... I'm not sure what other vaccines have them, but in addition to the standard childhood stuff I've also had some sort of vaccination before I traveled to Guatemala in 1995 (wish I could remember what it was--probably a booster of some sort) and of course I've had a flu shot every year since 1994 or so (except this year). :(

Dear Donna,

Mastic gum is great for killing h. pylori. So are broccoli sprouts. All you need is an ounce of them daily. Raw is best. You can get Mastic gum at www.lifeenhancement.com. They have all kinds of supplements. You get it in capsules. They also sell it in chewing gum, which in that form fights bad breath and gingivitis. Take this supplement as directed and eat three broccoli florets a day. This should help. I was on the Helidac therapy for four times as long as most people because the doctor I had previously before the holistic physician I am with now thought I had it. That is how I found out about these other things by research.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast

My LLMD has me taking broccoli sprouts in pill form.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What caught my attention was the HHV6-A ... isn't that something you tested positive for?

Carla, I have no idea what HHV-6 A is???

I tested positive for HHV-6....but then so would more than 90% of the population. Its a virus most of us get exposed to in the first 6 months of life. Its not tick-borne. HHV-6 A must be a different strain of herpes virus??? I'm not really sure what the "A" is??

I will have to look that one up. The virus I tested positive for is not a current infection....the IgG antibodies will probably always be elevated even though its a past infection...probably from when I was a baby.

The virus isnt showing up as "active" in any of the testing I've done.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Donna, the low adrenals COULD be caused by the mercury toxicity ... but then again, we have to ask the question, "Why aren't you detoxing the mercury on your own?"

The body cant always detox mercury on its own....not if the load is too great and not if the mercury is stored in the tissue. It has to be mobilized and moved out with the help of detoxification agents. It accumulates.....along with all of the other toxins and eventually you feel the effects of that toxic build-up.

Everything adds to it....once the mercury accumulates....which it does....things like infections, toxins in food, chemicals, etc....all add to the toxic overload.

Mercury is intracellular....it gets in the cells and messes up how things should work....it messes up hormones, enzymes, digestion, liver detox...you name it.

So....it doesnt just get "eliminated"....instead it causes other toxins which should be easily eliminated by the body....to instead become "trapped" and cause even greater toxicity.

Its not so easy to eliminate mercury from the body once its there....how badly it affects you depends on the "total load".....the total load of mercury plus other toxins. The neurotoxins from Lyme are also intacellular and can mess with the body the same way mercury does.

CarlaB Enthusiast
The body cant always detox mercury on its own....not if the load is too great and not if the mercury is stored in the tissue.

However, some dentists never test positive for mercury ... if we couldn't detox it at all, then they would test positive. So, if it's stored, yeah, you'll need help, but it seems that we should be able to detox it if we're otherwise healthy.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Don't you have bioset today?

NoGluGirl Contributor
However, some dentists never test positive for mercury ... if we couldn't detox it at all, then they would test positive. So, if it's stored, yeah, you'll need help, but it seems that we should be able to detox it if we're otherwise healthy.

Dear CarlaB,

I heard the only good way to detox from mercury is to have chelation therapy. Most heavy metals are difficult to remove from the body. This therapy is, however, controversial. Many regular MDs do not agree with it. My holistic physician does this in her office. I have seen patients getting it done there.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl Contributor
My LLMD has me taking broccoli sprouts in pill form.

Dear CarlaB,

I heard they made it in pill form, but have yet to see it here. It turns out, I probably do not have h. pylori. The antibiotics did not help much before. Yeast can cause reflux as well, though. There are many causes of that. It has improved a lot since going gluten free about six months ago. The nausea though is still a big problem. Watching my fat intake helps, but there is so much I am still struggling with. I have written down a list of possibilities from Lupus to Lyme and decided what should be taken care of first. Someone told me you can get disability by going to a social security attorney. It would be worth a try. I am so depressed from fighting over money and everything else with these people that there is no way I could biologically be related to as their daughter. I am tired of them blaming me for everything.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

AndreaB Contributor
Someone told me you can get disability by going to a social security attorney. It would be worth a try.

I think this is a good idea.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
However, some dentists never test positive for mercury ... if we couldn't detox it at all, then they would test positive.

Not necessarily....remember this....I have never tested positive for mercury. Believe me....its there and its making me sick. It shows up in BioSET and ART.....but not in hair, not in blood and not in urine. So yeah I've been tested about 4 times (taditionally) and have been negative for mercury every time.

If mercury is stored in the tissue.....which it almost always is....its not gonna be coming up in any of these tests.

Anyone whos ever had amalgam has mercury stored in their tissue.....period. Its there.....its proven that mercury leaks from the fillings and settles into the tissue.......it accumulates. If the mercury is "mobilized" it can be detoxed....if its stored in tissue.....it cannot be detoxed without chelation methods.

I watched the video of what happened to the sheep after they placed amalgam filling in its mouth for 6 months. Half of the mercury that was in that filling ended up in the tissue and organs of that sheep. It was primarily in the brain, kidneys and liver.....but it was everywhere....it wasnt "moving"...it was stored in that sheeps tissue. Thats what happens with mercury....it makes you more and more toxic over time....it does not simply pass right through you.

When you remove amalgam fillings you are preventing further toxicity by removing the source...but you've still gotta live with what you have unless you go through chelation. What you have might not be enough to make you sick....but if you add *other* environmental toxins, lyme toxins and everything else on top of it......then yeah...you can get sick.

Any metal tooth restoration placed in the mouth will also produce electrogalvanic effects. When dissimilar metals are placed in the oral cavity they exert a battery-like effect because of the electroconductivity of the saliva. The electrical current causes metal ions go into solution at a much higher rate, thereby increasing the exposure to mercury vapor and mercury ions manyfold. Gold placed in the vicinity of an amalgam restoration produces a 10-fold increase in the release of mercury.

This is what happened to me....I got extremely large doses of mercury in a very short time. If anyone should test positive for mercury it should be me....right?? But...I dont test positive...its not moving....its sitting in my tissue.

The mercury vapor from the amalgams is lipid soluble and passes readily through cell membranes and across the blood brain barrier. The vapor serves as the primary route of mercury from amalgams into the body.It is clear that amalgam mercury transfers to human tissues, accumulates with time, and presents a potential health threat. The mercury escapes continuously during the entire life of the filling primarily in the form of vapor, ions but also abraded particles. Chewing, brushing, and the intake of hot fluids stimulates this release.

Statements made by dental authorities which claim that the amount of mercury exposure encountered by patients from dental amalgams is too small to be harmful, are contradicted by the literature.

Animal studies show that radioactively labeled mercury released from ideally placed amalgam fillings appear quickly in the kidneys, brain and wall of the intestines. The fact that mercury amalgam fillings are banned in some European countries is strong evidence of the clinical toxicity of this material.

Nobody is able to completely detox mercury on their own. Someone may feel fine and then BOOM....they've hit their limit and become symptomatic. Its like a bucket that is filling slowly....over time.....eventually the bucket might start overflowing and the body isnt going to be able to cope with it.

It might start overflowing when a dentist removes amalgam unsafely.....or when dissimilar metals are placed in the mouth...like what happened to me. Or....it might happen from a tick bite...the Lyme toxins start filling up the bucket as well....toxins in our food and air....those add to the bucket too.

A person may never reach the point that I'm at.....where they're totally toxic, cant eat anything, chemically sensitive, etc....their bucket may never get that full.

This doesnt mean that those toxins sitting in their tissue wont lead to disease though...it doesnt mean the mercury sitting in their brain wont lead to Ahlzeimers.....it doesnt mean that they wont get cancer or kidney disease. It happens everyday.....and mercury is one of the reasons it happens.

Mercury in the central nervous system (CNS) causes psychological, neurological, and immunological problems in humans. Mercury bonds very firmly to structures in the CNS through its affinity for sulfhydryl-groups on amino acids. Other studies have shown that mercury is taken up in the periphery by all nerve endings and rapidly transported inside the axon of the nerves (axonal transport) to the spinal cord and brainstem. Unless actively removed, mercury has an extremely long half-life of somewhere between 15 and 30 years in the CNS.

I think I am living proof that one can be VERY mercury toxic and test negative for mercury. I dont think there is such thing as a dentist who is not mercury toxic. Also.....dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession. Why else would that be??

There is more bad news about mercury...

Patients with many amalgam fillings will also have an increase in the prevalence of antibiotic resistant bacteria

The thing about mercury is that its a neurotoxin....just like Lyme is. Its much harder for the body to eliminate these types of toxins. Neurotoxins tend to get "reabsorbed" instead of eliminated....which is why they become accumlative and make us sick.

In 1904 a Russian Naturopathic Physician by the name of Eli Metchnikof discovered that the body would recycle any toxin that it was not capable of purging. In the recycling process the body would utilize all 7 channels of elimination to try and get the toxic substance removed from the body: lungs, liver, kidneys, the skin, colon, lymphatic system and the blood. If one or more of the body's channels of elimination are not working effectively, or if a physican ingnores one of these essential systems in his deliberations for treatment protocols, the patient will suffer from a lack of dramatic results.

Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt says,

AndreaB Contributor
I just got done talking to Anna about mercury....and I'm pretty upset about the whole thing. :angry:

So yeah....I guess I went on a bit of a rant. :ph34r:

I enjoyed the post as it does apply to me somewhat. I want to check into ART or BioSET later this year and see what comes up with mercury for me.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

Don't you have bioset today?

OMG....Andrea!!!!!! :o:o

I have some stuff to share...lots of stuff. I got side-tracked by my mercury rant but I do have alot to post about!

First...I have no idea what my treatment for tonight was....I have no clue...something about "filters" again. Something about my large intestine and dysbiosis. Yeah...that would be my colon....and lack of good bacteria....too much bad guys...nothing we dont know already. I didnt pay attention at all.

I was talking the entire time....I wouldnt shut up. :rolleyes:

Anyways....I talked to her (Anna) about Julie....I told her all that I know about her from her posts. About the MMR and about her symptoms and how shes been sick from age 17....after she got the shot. We had been talking about vaccinations and mercury...which is why I brought up the MMR...and Julie.

So I asked Anna if this reaction is from mercury....and she said "NO".....which totally shocked me. :blink:

We had been talking about mercury in the vaccines....but when I brought up the MMR and Julies situation she said ..."No...its not mercury". :huh:

She said that its MEASELS. :blink:

She said that its a strain of measels that is in the shot which in *some* people becomes activated. She said that it triggers imflammation in the gut and in the brain. She said that the strain which becomes activated is actually made in the lab.

She said that they know this for sure because when they've tested people who have had this type of reaction to the shot...they've found it. The strain that becomes activated in these people is not a strain of measels that we can "catch".....its the lab produced strain which is *only* in the MMR shot. There is no other way to get that strain of measels....other than from the shot itself.

I told her about Julie's biggest problem....the Edema....except I couldnt remember the freakin name of it. Stupid brainfog! :angry:

I told her how she gets swelling all over and its painful. She said its from all the histamine circulating through her body....shes got alot of imflammation.

I think that Julie did say she had alot of histamine??? :unsure:

Anna said that this is not something that she can control or stop on her own...this is something that will continue for the rest of her life unless she gets help. She said there are things that can be done to get her better.

I dont know if this could really be her problem?? :unsure:

I dont know if Julies ever heard of this?? All I know is that Anna sounded very sure of herself as far as everything she told me about the shot. She gave me the name of a Dr. who has a website with a ton of info. about the MMR shot and about this measels strain becoming activated.

She said this should never happen....people should *not* have man-made strains of measels becoming activated in their bodies.....but it happens to people. :o:angry:

I still have to check out the Dr. she told me to look up. I dont know if you've communicated with Julie lately?? Is there anyway you could get this info. to her??

I dont know if its significant or not...but I think it should be looked into???

What do you think??

I was really excited about this but I know its probably a long shot. I dont know if Julie was certain her symptoms came from the MMR shot?? Let me know what you think about this...ok.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I cant find any information about this. :(

I cant find the site Anna was mentioning...she only gave me the Dr.'s name. Alot of sites came up but I cant find what I'm looking for. Maybe I will have to ask her again.

This is the Dr.

Amy Yasko, Ph.D., N.D., (etc.) has a BS in chemistry and a PhD in Microbiology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases. In addition she is a Doctor of Naturopathy and Natural health. She is also the co-founder of a successful biotech company involved in RNA and DNA diagnostics and therapeutics.

It seems like mostly she is involved in treating Autism...I cant find the stuff Anna was talking about....with the MMR shot. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I gotta get ready for bed....will post more about what I learned....probably tomorrow. We talked about the vaccines. I know Anna treats Autistic kids and I asked her if she thought the mercury in the vaccinations were causing Autism...she said yes. :(

She told me alot of stuff that I wasnt aware of....about the vaccinations.

I told her how all of the things I'm dealing with seem to mirror what goes on with the Autistic kids....except obviously I'm not Autistic....just have alot of the same issues going on. I asked her if this is only because I'm dealing with this after I'm fully developed and my brain and everything else was not dealing with this stuff as I was developing....when I was a baby.

She said that based on what she sees going on with me through the testing and all the issues I have going on...yes...its very similar to what happens to kids who become Autistic. She said if I were a year old and having these same issues....I would be at risk for Autism. :o

On the bright side....I told her that Lyme did NOT show up in my ART session with Scott!! She said...."I KNOW...its good news....its not a big problem for you!!."

I said...."Is that what it really means??? Is it really not causing me problems??" :huh:

She said it really isnt.....she said its not a big issue or it would have shown up....she said my immune system has to be fighting it...my immune system has it in check or it would have shown up to be an issue...and it didnt.

OMG....if that is true...then I am really really happy about this. :D

I still have to wait and see if Dr. Derksen's results are the same as Scott's but I feel really good about this. :)

I told her Scott was really amazed... he said I was the first he'd seen who had zero response to lyme and all the co-infections.

She said "He probably wanted to keep testing you for it." :lol::lol:

He did too.....he checked me a bunch of times but it never showed up. :D

I will tell more about my appt. tomorrow. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I'll copy your post over for Julie.

I only hear from her once or twice a month now. The last time was after I told her about dad being sick.

It sounds like this could be very plausible for her situation.

AndreaB Contributor

Robbin says "HI" and hopes to be able to swing by again soon.

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi everyone...busy, busy...I got sidetracked yesterday by my co-worker who is ready to quit and it's been busy today.

I have been eating broccoli sprouts lately...I'll buy a package and then eat it for about 3 days, then I throw it out cuz of the mold issue...I know it starts molding immediately, but the color seems to change after the 3 day mark, so that's when I throw it out.

Thanks for the rant on mercury Rachel. The thing about testing for mercury toxicity is exactly what you said...a lot of people do not test positive because unless you've taken a chelation agent of some sort (whether natural or not), the mercury is mostly stored in the tissue and it doesn't seem like there is a test for that. If I take a chelation agent, some mercury will be pulled out of the tissue and will circulate in blood and be excreted in urine/BM and end up in hair etc, and that would show up on tests. (Did I get all that right, lol?)

I'm now thinking that my really bad "sickness" in December/January and maybe even the one in the last couple of weeks was probably connected to the amalgam removal more than candida. I thought at first that it was something I ate while on vacation, but after thinking about it for a while, I really didn't eat anything I hadn't been eating before except for maybe a bit more sugar and fruit (which could have aggrevated the candida which was probably aggrevated from the removal). I went on that vacation right after I had the first two quadrants done...I hadn't been sick in over a year before that, then as soon as my two quadrants are done I eat a bit more sugar on vacation and I get the bad sinus/head/throat/ear thing. That wasn't the first time I had loaded up on sugar though, so I'm thinking that wasn't the whole story.

The bout this time was right after cleaning my bathroom mold, but it was also right after having the last of the amalgams removed.

What do you think? Mercury? Candida? Both? Pyscho? :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
What do you think? Mercury? Candida? Both? Pyscho? :lol:

No, not psycho! How about both. I forget, did mercury show up with bioSET?

Seth had a bad night last night....I'm suspecting cauliflower. He loves it. GRRRRR. I really need to get this child in for some testing.

dlp252 Apprentice
No, not psycho! How about both. I forget, did mercury show up with bioSET?

Seth had a bad night last night....I'm suspecting cauliflower. He loves it. GRRRRR. I really need to get this child in for some testing.

Yep, it did show up. :( Oh, I love cauliflower too...poor little guy.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Yesterday when I talked with Anna about mercury in vaccines and its role in Autism...she obviously felt it was a big factor. She was saying that now we're at the point of Autism occurring in 1 out of 150 kids. She said its only gonna get worse. :(

I asked her...."How can it get worse if they're taking the mercury out of the vaccines??" :unsure:

Thats what I had thought was happenning....that it was being phased out??? She said no...its now protected more than ever. They have more power than ever and they will not be taking the thimersol out of the vaccinations.

She was telling me that the govt. wants the vaccine makers to stock-pile small-pox vaccinations. They want to have these vaccinations ready in case of an attack...by terrosists or something. They were pushing the vaccine makers for small pox vacs.

She said the vaccine makers were smart because they said they will not and cannot make these vaccinations if they are not able to use thimersol. They wanted to be able to keep using thimersol so went ahead and said that they wont stock-pile small-pox vaccinations unless they get the ok to use thimersol in all of the vaccinations. So now they have that right.

She told me that there all sorts of lawsuits out there from parents of Autistic kids...against the vaccine makers. Now all of these lawsuits are dismissed and noone can claim a lawsuit against the vaccine makers. They are now protected from any liability and can use thimersol in any vaccination.

Has anyone else heard this?? :blink:

She said that Autism is on the rise because of the amount of thimersol in the vacs and also the amount of vacs the children are getting in a short time. It triggers things in genetically susceptible kids.

Do kids get a hepatitis B vac?? She was saying something about this...about how we never got these shots as babies and now they are vaccinating hepatitis B into babies. She said the kids havent even been on breast milk yet...and they're getting these vacs....she said its a "trauma" to the body.

I asked what does someone do to avoid this?? She said that you can get good Dr. who will work with you as far as sceduling the vaccinations. She said you wait till they are 2 years old....and then space them out. She said some of the vacs arent even necessary. You can cut down on the amount of vacs because some of them are not needed.

She also said that they can do genetic testing. They know which genetic markers to look for....they know which kids can be genetically susceptible. I would think that *all* kids should be genetically tested before vaccinations if thats the case??

She said the test is $800...so no....they wont test kids automatically. The cost of life-time treatment for one kid with Autism adds up to quite a bit....but still insurance isnt gonna pay for genetic testing for every kid....even if it can prevent this kind of stuff from happening. :(

Archived