This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Yesterday when I talked with Anna about mercury in vaccines and its role in Autism...she obviously felt it was a big factor. She was saying that now we're at the point of Autism occurring in 1 out of 150 kids. She said its only gonna get worse. :(

I heard this from Mercola's e-newsletter update a few days ago. It's quite disturbing and I've also heard (whether true or not) that states will be working towards not being able to get exemptions. 1 or 2 are already hard to get exemptions in.

She was telling me that the govt. wants the vaccine makers to stock-pile small-pox vaccinations. They want to have these vaccinations ready in case of an attack...by terrosists or something. They were pushing the vaccine makers for small pox vacs.

She said the vaccine makers were smart because they said they will not and cannot make these vaccinations if they are not able to use thimersol. They wanted to be able to keep using thimersol so went ahead and said that they wont stock-pile small-pox vaccinations unless they get the ok to use thimersol in all of the vaccinations. So now they have that right.

She told me that there all sorts of lawsuits out there from parents of Autistic kids...against the vaccine makers. Now all of these lawsuits are dismissed and noone can claim a lawsuit against the vaccine makers. They are now protected from any liability and can use thimersol in any vaccination.

Has anyone else heard this?? :blink:

This doesn't surprise me. When money is involved ethics for those in power seems to diminish.

I've also heard about the vaccine makers being protected from lawsuits so they can make whatever they want and be free from any recourse from those who are injured. I believe it is also hard to get money out of the vaccine injury fund.

She said that Autism is on the rise because of the amount of thimersol in the vacs and also the amount of vacs the children are getting in a short time. It triggers things in genetically susceptible kids.

I totally agree with this. I still wonder if that's had anything to do with my kids behavior but I'll probably never know.

Do kids get a hepatitis B vac?? She was saying something about this...about how we never got these shots as babies and now they are vaccinating hepatitis B into babies. She said the kids havent even been on breast milk yet...and they're getting these vacs....she said its a "trauma" to the body.

All mine got the hep b at birth or a couple days after. The oldest 2 got 4 doses instead of 3 because they used a combo shot after the first one. With the little guy, it was supposed to be thimerosal free.

I asked what does someone do to avoid this?? She said that you can get good Dr. who will work with you as far as sceduling the vaccinations. She said you wait till they are 2 years old....and then space them out. She said some of the vacs arent even necessary. You can cut down on the amount of vacs because some of them are not needed.

My current doctor is of this thinking.

She also said that they can do genetic testing. They know which genetic markers to look for....they know which kids can be genetically susceptible. I would think that *all* kids should be genetically tested before vaccinations if thats the case??

She said the test is $800...so no....they wont test kids automatically. The cost of life-time treatment for one kid with Autism adds up to quite a bit....but still insurance isnt gonna pay for genetic testing for every kid....even if it can prevent this kind of stuff from happening. :(

I would love to have mine tested. Also the titer test that Alison has talked about.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
diamondheart Newbie
So I asked Anna if this reaction is from mercury....and she said "NO".....which totally shocked me. :blink:

We had been talking about mercury in the vaccines....but when I brought up the MMR and Julies situation she said ..."No...its not mercury". :huh:

She said that its MEASELS. :blink:

She said that its a strain of measels that is in the shot which in *some* people becomes activated. She said that it triggers imflammation in the gut and in the brain. She said that the strain which becomes activated is actually made in the lab.

OMG! This is what Dr. F was alluding to as well. He thought that the MMR vaccine in his son made him intolerant to dairy. He told me that it's something about the virus in the MMR vaccine that gets in the gut. You got the more in-depth explanation. Makes sense to me!

I wonder if my food intolerances were started by the MMR vaccine that my grad school made me get at about age 26. My Dad had all my vaccine information and gave it to me. I had to get MMR because I never had the mumps vaccine, but I had the disease. This wasn't good enough for them. The interesting thing is that when I got the measels and rubella vaccines, they were separate shots and they were spaced apart by at least 6 months to a year. This is the more conservative approach to vaccination, versus giving everything at once in one vaccine. I am horrified about the Hepatitis B vaccine. My co-worker said they wanted to give it to his baby at her birth!! Hepatitis B is a serious disease, but you can only get it though sexual contact or blood contact like in IV drug use. What baby is going to have that problem :huh: ?

I remember when my cat got sick after she got 3 vaccines at once. After that, I stopped vaccinating her completely.

I think the fact that Dr. F finally healed his son shows that people can heal from the negative effects of vaccines. Vaccines did not show up in my BioSET testing, but Dr. F didn't test for it until I had completed the BioSET treatments. I think it's possible that it could have cleared up somewhere in the process of the treatment.

I found out something pretty funny yesterday. My cat has been sick recently for unknown reasons, but possibly related to kidney stones. Our holistic vet, Dr. Rob Silver, gave us some Chinese herbs to give our cat for the kidney stones. Then, DH found out that Dr. F taught Dr. Silver about those herbs. Now my husband is taking the same Chinese herbs that we are giving our cat :lol: !

I still have to check out the Dr. she told me to look up.

If you find the information, I'd love to check it out. I can ask Dr. F about it tomorrow when I see him, if I have time to ask him. I have lots of other questions for him.

The autism websites seem to be most up to date on this kind of info. I have a link at my home computer about how to look up vaccines by the year and see which ones have thimerisol and which ones don't. Actually, most vaccines don't have thimerisol in them anymore, but the flu vaccines and MMR still do.

She also said that they can do genetic testing. They know which genetic markers to look for....they know which kids can be genetically susceptible. I would think that *all* kids should be genetically tested before vaccinations if thats the case??

This is good to know. If I have kids, I'll get them tested since my nephew has Asperger's syndrome.

My ultrasound went pretty good yesterday. I didn't even ask about fibroids because I didn't want to know :ph34r: . I don't want it to prevent me from getting pregnant.

The big news today in the car pool was about Whole Foods taking over Wild Oats :angry: . I don't know if any of you have Wild Oats stores near you, but we have many around us. I'm really bummed about it. We get a 10% discount at Wild Oats through work, and that's going to go bye-bye. I also hate to think of one big mega-company controlling the natural foods market. It will be like Whole Foods becoming Wal-Martized. We call Whole Foods Whole Paycheck, cuz that's what it takes to shop there :P !!

Claire

AndreaB Contributor
The big news today in the car pool was about Whole Foods taking over Wild Oats :angry: . I don't know if any of you have Wild Oats stores near you, but we have many around us. I'm really bummed about it. We get a 10% discount at Wild Oats through work, and that's going to go bye-bye. I also hate to think of one big mega-company controlling the natural foods market. It will be like Whole Foods becoming Wal-Martized. We call Whole Foods Whole Paycheck, cuz that's what it takes to shop there :P !!

I shop at Wild Oats up here occasionaly. That is news about the take over.

happygirl Collaborator

x

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Laura!

It's always good to see you. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

OK...big news....I'm about to start chelating very soon!!

Finally...I'm about to start some type of treatment...and no doubt its the most important treatment I need. :)

Last night when I saw Anna and we talked about Lyme not showing up in ART...we talked about mercury being the big issue. She said I need to get started on getting it out.

I told her I dont think I'll ever get anywhere treating yeast...that I can treat it all day long but its not gonna change anything with the mercury issue going on. She said I'm absolutely right. We cant do too much with Candida or other infections as long as I'm totally mercury toxic....so thats where we need to start.

She said she wanted to put me on NDF....I just looked it up.

Dr. Victor Marcial-Vega has participated in the development of a food supplement called NDF (Non-colloidal Detox Factors). This product is of great value in removing heavy metals and toxic materials from the body.

The product contains nanocolloidal cell wall chlorella, nanocolloidal cilantro, nanocolloidal Poly-Flor which contains substances from beneficial bacteria, super oxide desmutase, hyaluronidase, lipoic acid, pure water, Living Water, and BioPhoton Excitation Process. Chlorella has long been known from the mining industry to bind heavy metals to its cell wall. The major problem with chlorella has been difficulty breaking the cell wall. In this process millions of 0.1 micron sized particles of chlorella are created.

NDF is a safe food supplement that has proven more effective in binding mercury than intravenous chelation. It is also effective in removing aluminum and toxic substances from the body. In the clinical use of NDF, it was discovered that some individuals with schizophrenia recovered normal mentation while taking NDF. These persons were able to discontinue NDF without suffering a relapse of their schizophrenia.

Autism has occurred in children after immunizing injections containing mercury. The ability of NDF to remove mercury from the body makes a prolonged course of NDF a reasonable therapeutic trial for children with autism. NDF also removes toxic substances from the body and strengthens the immune system by its beneficial effects on gastrointestinal bacteria.

We think that persons with dental amalgams (which are 50 % mercury) should have the amalgams removed if possible. NDF should be taken before amalgam removal to reduce the toxic effects of the mercury. The dentist doing the amalgam removal needs to have special training to avoid release of excessive mercury during the procedure. NDF can be discontinued several months after the amalgams are removed.

We like NDF therapy because of its ability to remove mercury, aluminum, and toxic substances from the body.

The initial dose is one drop in a glass of purified water taken once daily. The dose is increased by one drop each day until either fever and aching, or the odor or taste of mercury, appears. NDF is stopped until these symptoms are gone, when it should be resumed in the same dosage.

Persons with mercury exposure or other toxic substances may improve.

So she said she wanted to test me with the NDF (to make sure I can tolerate it) so that when I see my Dr. tomorrow...I can let him know. She said it goes slower than DMPS or DMSA....but its safer for me.

She said the oral chelators have alot of side effects and the IV is gonna pull out more than I can handle. She said they're not using oral chelators on the Autistic kids because of the side effects but sometimes they are getting too much metals pulled out from IV and she needs to treat them to de-sensitize them. She said if anything like this happens to me I'll need to come in and get de-sensitized.

She said the NDF is effective and they've been using it alot for the past 2 years.

I asked her how long I'd have to be taking something like NDF to chelate all the mercury...she said it would be at least a year. I can switch to one of the chemical chelatos later on when I'm alot better and can handle it. With everything we were talking about we forgot to test me for the NDF. :P

Tonight I saw Denise and I told her I needed to get tested for NDF because I have a Dr. appt. tomorrow...I need to know if I can take it or not. I told her my main issue is metals and I need to start chelating.

I asked her a bunch of questions about NDF vs. DMSA and DMPS. Obviously the main difference is NDF is natural and the other 2 are chemical drugs...but as far as effectiveness....she said they all work. The chemical chelators will pull out alot more metals at a time...whereas the NDF works slower. Anna had said I'd be starting out at only one drop on the NDF.

I told Denise that Dr. S wont do DMPS with me....that he says I cant do it while I'm this toxic. She said he's right...theres no way I could handle DMPS right now. She said later on when I've detoxed alot and want to start pulling out more metals faster.....I can switch....but right now there is no way. It would mess me up.

I asked her how long to get better. She said it depends on how well I can excrete. I need to be excreting the metals in order to progess and sometimes people are taking stuff and mobilizing the metals but not actually excreting much. She said there was one lady who was chelating for 4 or 5 years and not getting better. She started BioSET in the summer and by winter she she was better.

It was because she wasnt excreting...once she got detox pathways treated and stuff like that...she started excreting the metals and was able to improve.

She said if I'm not excreting or if there's any problems they'll be able to determine whats not working and correct it. She said sometimes the kids get too much metals stirred up....they took too much of a chealtor or didnt detox well...and they start going nuts...pounding their heads or whatever. She said they have to de-sensitize these kids to the metals so that they can continue with the treatments.

So tomorrow I'll be talking to the Dr. about all this. I dont have the NDF yet...I can get it at BioSET or from my Dr....Denise said she thinks he carries it too.

She said that no matter which chelator I'm on my progress would always be monitored with the provoked urine test. Thats where they give you the chelator and measure the metals excreted in the urine.

I told her I probably want to do the challenge test before I start the NDF...she said that would be best....because I need to have a baseline to start with.

Besides all that....Anna got the labslip for my Aspergillus test. :)

We talked about it yesterday and I told her I didnt want to go to the mold Dr. for testing. I read the info. about him and he was an immunologist and it seemed like all of his tests were for allergy. I told her I'm not concerned with tests like that cuz obviously I'm reacting to this stuff...I dont need a test to prove it. :P

She didnt know Scott had recommended the Dr. but she agreed that we dont need that type of testing....she wants IgG and IgM tests....not allergy tests.

She said the lab she normally uses runs every test except Aspergillus because they are afraid of lawsuits and the FDA is saying Aspergillus cant cause problems. :rolleyes:

There is only one lab in CA running the test so we have to go through that lab.

Now my mission is to find a lab to draw my blood....I couldnt do it at BioSET because they dont have a centrifuging machine....whatever that is?? :huh:

Shoot...I dont want to go back to the lab where Nurse Cratchet works. :o:o

I need to find another lab.....that woman was heinous....and she hurt me. :angry:

Tonight my treatment was for inflammation with metals.

I told Denise I want to learn this stuff but its sooooo confusing...even without my limited abilities to comprehend things....it would still be very confusing. She said it is....and its neverending....there is so much to learn...but its all really interesting stuff.

I'm sure I'll have alot to report after I talk to the Dr. tomorrow.

I think he'll be pleased with the progress we've made narrowing things down and also that I'm scheduled to see Dr. Derksen. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just wanted to say hi to you all.....I am reading and trying to stay caught up. Nothing exciting to report....just wanted to say hello xoxo

Hi Laura!! :)

Hope you're doing well....glad you stopped by. We miss you. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

All very interesting stuff. I copied over the info for NDF. I'll be following right along with you.

I can't wait to see what your doctor says about this! Will be looking forward to your update....hopefully tomorrow.

diamondheart Newbie

Rachel, Good news that you will be starting treatment! So, I'm assuming you don't have any amalgams now?

I thought I'd mention my cat, as I just talked about his mysterious illness. The vet has hypothesized that Ouiser (pronounced wheezer, cuz he doesn't meow, he wheezes) had a kidney infarction, which is kind of like a heart attack but in the kidney. He thinks he had a blood clot in one of his arteries that feeds the kidneys, and it caused part of his one kidney to die. He thinks it's related to his diabetes. Ouiser has had diabetes for 3 years or more, and we have to give him insulin shots twice a day. Anyhoo, the vet says that he is incredibly healthy for his age, which is 17! We try to keep him healthy by feeding him homemade food. When DH and I were dating, Ouiser had a constant supply of dry cat food, which I know wasn't healthy for him. But DH didn't want to "deny" his cats any food. DH is now a convert about how eating healthy can benefit our pets too, because he has seen such positive results with his two cats.

Oh, and here is the link to check out your vaccines for thimerosal content:

Open Original Shared Link

I confused the MMR vaccine with the Tetanus vaccine. MMR is now thimerosal free, but tetanus is not. Too bad, cuz I need the tetanus shot with all the barbed wire and rusty metal parts I'm always getting scraped on at work. At least the tetanus booster is good for 10 years. There used to be a way to search by year for thimerosal content, but I can't figure out how to do that now.

Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Somehow through all of this scientificness I got really intrigued with Autism.

I think because I learned alot about it without really intending to. :huh:

From the start alot of my research centered around Autism....it just happened that way.

I do a search on gluten/casein free and a million sites about Autism show up.

I search mercury....Autism shows up.

I search leaky gut....and there is Autism showing up.

I search Salicylates and diets free of chemicals, food dyes and preservatives....Autism shows up. This diet actually has a name....its called the Feingold Diet.

The kids with Autism have all the gut issues....including candida.

And...now...there is a connection between Autism and Lyme. I read about Lyme and I will learn more about Autism.

Last year I didnt know anything about Autism...now I am wanting to learn all I can. :unsure:

The new Lyme newspaper came out....I picked it up tonight.

This is the front page article for anyone interested in Autism/Lyme. I think I might be the only one though. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are doctors saying that up to 90% of kids with Autism are infected with Lyme Disease? The Lyme Induced Autism Foundation held a physician's Think Tank in January to discuss these recent findings.

New reports indicate up to 90% of children with Autism are infected with Lyme Disease. With Autism being diagnosed with a staggering rate of 1 out of every 166 children, parents are questioning this new finding.

Doctors and parents alike have been examing the potential causes of Autism for years, some of which include Thimersol filled injections, environmental factors, and most recently Lyme Disease.

With more doctors supporting the link between Lyme Disease and Autism, parents have joined forces to create the Lyme Induced Autism Foundation.

The foundation held a physician's Think Tank on Jan. 26th-28th in San Diego, CA to discuss this recent finding.

Co-founder Tami Duncan states, "The Think Tank is an opportunity to bring the Lyme Disease specialists and the Autism specialists together to create testing and treatment options for our kids."

This is a groundbreaking effort that will hopefully analyze this even further to provide some answers to families.

Duncan says, "We are not saying that Lyme disease is the exact cause of Autism for every single child. Let me clarify; What we are saying is that lyme disease could be an inciting factor that is suppressing the childs immune system, which would make them more susceptible to heavy metal toxicity, envirinmental factors, etc. There is a large subset of autistic children in which this is happening. However, most autistic children with lyme induced autism cannot begin to heal until this infection is under control. Parents want their children healed of Autism."

Where is the proof that Lyme Disease is a factor in Autism??

Currently several doctors have stepped forward talking about this issue. Dr. Warren Levin of Vienna, VA recently appeared on the online radio show www.autismone.com hosted by Duncan called "The Lyme-Autism Connection." He stated that of the 10 children with autism he tested for lyme disease, 100% of them also came back positive for Lyme.

More proof is needed to convince parents and the medical community to take action.

---------------------------------------------------------

There is another article in this same newspaper in which a woman tells her story.

The woman has 2 children with Autism....one is considered "high functioning". She also had two "normal" children in between the two with Autism.

Her Autistic children are ages 19 and 25. Her oldest was born in the 80's.

She wonders why when her son was born the 80's the occurrance of autism was about 3-5 individuals per 10,000 births.....and now according to the NIH, today the rate of Autism is 1 out every 166 births.

Around the same time that she noticed the increase in Autism around her....she also noticed she was becoming tired, not having the strength to wipe down a kitchen counter. Her throat felt swollen, she had restless leg syndrome and tingling in her toes.

She had 14 amalgam fillings and after learning of the link between mercury and Autism....she got them removed. She began chelation therapy along with her children.

Prior to her chelation therapy she became stressed out at a doctors appt...she felt "unbalanced, complained of vertigo and felt tired. She told the Dr. she was not able to function in the afternoon without lying in bed for 2 hours.

The Dr. told her he felt she had Multiple Sclerosis (MS)....he also told her she had Hashimotos Thyroiditis, low potassium and Vitamin D....which are said to accompany the diagnosis of many MS patients.

However...this Dr. then went on to say that he did not believe her MS was really MS...as most would understand it. He believes MS is a toxious, infectious disease.

He says, "If we treat the mercury and the other heavy metals, then work on what infections are present, I think that you will never have to ever see MS blossom in you.....we caught this early. You are lucky."

To confirm this he ordered an MRI and found white matter lesions and T2 weighted imaging of hyperfusion on her brain.

Lots of tests were run...viral, bacterial etc..her mercury levels were off the charts....even higher than that of her Autistic children.

One day she read there was a connection between Lyme and MS. It made sense....she lived in an endemic area....and her parents did too.

She pin-pointed times in her life when she felt most sick. She knew that people with Lyme had "flare-ups" of symptoms triggered by stresses in life.

She started researching Lyme and found it interesting that the Lyme epidemic seemed to parallel the autism epidemic...all beginning in the late 70's. She wondered if her children could have Lyme Disease??

She tested her kids. All of her children as well as her brother and sisters and their children tested positive for Lyme Disease along with associated co-infections of Lyme.

Lyme disease had made itself a home in her family....LITERALLY.

When she was pregnant with her first child (born with autism) she came down with Epstein-Barr Virus and was told to stay in bed for months at a time.

She had seen a news clip on how viruses or bacteria could hamper the immune system of the unborn baby, and/or have some effect on the myelin sheath.

During her next two pregnancies she had no illnesses while pregnant...these 2 children were born without Autism.

While pregnant with her youngest daughter a simple sore throat turned into strep.....this daughter was born with Autism.

All of these diseases/symptoms were a part of her family......and Lyme Disease was explaining why....

Autism, MS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus, Heart Block/Regurgitation, Inflammation, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Brain Protein Autoimmunity, Seizures, Mitochondrial Disorders, Leg Tetany, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hashimotos, Panick Attacks, sensitivity to light, Heart Disease (her father), ADD, Myeloma (her mother), arthritis, headaches, PMS, Vertigo, insomnia....etc...etc...etc...

As she studied Lyme Disease she learned that it behaves like Syphillus...they are "cousins"....both are spirochetel bacteria diseases. The diseases can sometimes stay dormant in the body for years, and activate at key immune suppression times.

In 2005, the International Lyme and Associated Disease Society (ILADS) published information that Autism Spectrum Disorders are included in the many illnesses that Lyme Disease can mimic.

At present, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) believe lyme disease is under reported by almost 20 times the actual number of reported cases.

Research money should be spent wisely on the infection-based model of Autism, and its related cell mediated immune events such as toxins, vaccinations, and other oxidative events. Autism research also needs to further investigate the direct connection with the major bacterial infection called Lyme Disease.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In my mind this is very clear evidence of the magnitude of Lyme Disease combined with metals and environmental factors...and the very serious effects it has on the immune system.

More evidence supporting bacteria and virus triggering autoimmune disease....as well as all high, middle and low functioning Autism...including Aspergers Syndrome.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, Good news that you will be starting treatment! So, I'm assuming you don't have any amalgams now?

Nope...they are long gone. :D

A person cannot begin any type of chelation while still having amalgams in place...that would be very bad. :o

I only had 4 but my mom has alot and I think she had a bunch of stuff done with fillings right before she got pregnant with me....maybe even while pregant with me. :(

Also...I was not breast-fed. :(

Also....I had a Tetanus shot a few years before I got sick. :(

Also my first two amalgams were removed with the dentist following NO protocol for safe removal. :(

The final straw was when the same idiot dentist placed gold crowns in direct contact with my 2 remaining amalgam fillings...this was when *everything* happened....and very rapidly. :angry::angry::angry:

I dunno if Lyme is "dormant" in my situation...or if it somehow played a role in increasing toxicity and hindering detoxification. This reamins to be seen....but we're going after the metals first. ;)

I hope Ouiser is ok...and how great that your cat is still healthy at 17! :)

My cat is 13 and still full of energy. :D

diamondheart Newbie

More about the MMR vaccine and how it affects the intestines. There is some interesting discussion in the CDC website:

Basically, it says that there is not strong evidence to show a link between the MMR vaccine and inflammatory bowel disease. Is says that the research that has been done was not carried out in a way that could be repeated or the methodolgy was flawed. Andrew Wakefield is the doctor who published the controversial link between MMR vaccine and bowel damage.

Andrew Wakefield thinks that MMR could cause autism by triggering a whole series of events in the body which start when the measles virus attacks and damages the child's bowel.

In a nutshell, he believes that persistent measles infection damages the lining of the bowel making it 'leaky'. Certain toxins, produced by digestion, which are normally destroyed by chemicals in the gut, are able to pass across the bowel lining and into the blood supply.

Once in the blood, the toxins are transported to the brain and pass across another barrier into the brain tissue. He believes the presence of these foreign molecules damages the brain and causes autism.

There was a lot of bad press about Dr. Andrew Wakefield because when he did the initial study, he was being paid by parents of autistic children to find a link between the MMR vaccine and autism.

Looks like Dr. Wakefield moved from England to Texas. If found this from a Open Original Shared Link signed by him and other doctors:

The vaccine-strain gene sequences obtained from the diseased intestine of some of these US autistic children is deeply worrying and runs counter to the prevailing belief that the vaccine virus should be cleared from the body in a matter of weeks. Further research will determine whether or not this association is causal. In this context, it is relevant that we have recently published the finding that intestinal inflammation is significantly worse in autistic children who received 2 doses of MMR compared with those who received only one i.e. a possible re-challenge effect.

Here is the link to where Dr. Wakefield works now and his presentation on the issue:

If we take a patient with acute measles virus infection who has diarrhea and we scope and biopsy them, we find the measles virus protein in the intestine, causing lymphoid hyperplasia. When we take a biopsy from the gut of a child with autism and we stain it with an antibody that is specific for measles virus, we find it in the same place. If we take World Health Organization reference monoclonal antibodies against measles virus that have been extensively tested for specificity and apply them to the same tissues, we find the same thing. If we take those antibodies and look at those tissues disaggregated into single cells by a technique called flow cytometry, we find the same thing. And so the measles virus protein appears to be present in these reactive lymphoid follicles. I stress that that does not make it the cause of autism, but it makes it an interesting candidate. When we look for other viruses such as adenovirus, herpes simplex 1 and 2, HIV, mumps, rubella--we don't find them in these kids--we find measles.

There is a ton of information in this presentation on how MMR and mercury might be related to gastrointestinal damage and autism.

Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Andrew Wakefield thinks that MMR could cause autism by triggering a whole series of events in the body which start when the measles virus attacks and damages the child's bowel.

In a nutshell, he believes that persistent measles infection damages the lining of the bowel making it 'leaky'. Certain toxins, produced by digestion, which are normally destroyed by chemicals in the gut, are able to pass across the bowel lining and into the blood supply.

Once in the blood, the toxins are transported to the brain and pass across another barrier into the brain tissue. He believes the presence of these foreign molecules damages the brain and causes autism.

Basically, it sounds like this guy is saying that leaky gut causes autism.

I think with autism there is alot more involved. Leaky gut is definately an issue with autism....its the reason they do well on a gluten-free/casein free diet.....as well as a diet which is free of chemicals. I dont believe it is the exact *cause* though. I think there are several factors that play a role in who develops Autism....if it were as simple as leaky gut it should be easily treated...but its not.

There are so many things that need to be addressed with these kids....there are alot of issues going on at once. Its another huge ball of yarn.....very sad that its happening to babies. :(

AndreaB Contributor
I only had 4 but my mom has alot and I think she had a bunch of stuff done with fillings right before she got pregnant with me....maybe even while pregant with me. :(

I had 10, got crowns on 4 of them. Still need 4 more. Had the crowns done just before we got pregnant with Seth. Had a root canal done the 3rd trimester. Swallowed at the end when I wasn't supposed to. Only safety procedure was the dam. :(:(

Also...I was not breast-fed. :(

Neither was I. Being 8 weeks early didn't help. All mine have been/are.

Also....I had a Tetanus shot a few years before I got sick. :(

I had a tetanus shot within a year of getting pregnant with my 2nd. He's the one with the least problems as far as intolerances.

I really, really want to get some bioset testing, or even ART on my family. :(

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Is that you? Aren't you up a little late?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

Is that you? Aren't you up a little late?

Yeah....I'm up too late.

My mom and her hubby are on a cruise right now....till Tuesday.

She is not here to make me go to bed.....I've been up late every night....and really late for work everyday. I feel kind of beat up. :(

My mom would be very disappointed. :ph34r:

She called from the ship today....to tell me she loves me. :)

Ok...going to bed now. :mellow:

NoGluGirl Contributor
Basically, it sounds like this guy is saying that leaky gut causes autism.

I think with autism there is alot more involved. Leaky gut is definately an issue with autism....its the reason they do well on a gluten-free/casein free diet.....as well as a diet which is free of chemicals. I dont believe it is the exact *cause* though. I think there are several factors that play a role in who develops Autism....if it were as simple as leaky gut it should be easily treated...but its not.

There are so many things that need to be addressed with these kids....there are alot of issues going on at once. Its another huge ball of yarn.....very sad that its happening to babies. :(

Dear Rachel,

Congrats on chelation therapy beginning soon! We are pulling for you! You know how you were talking about Mercury causing autism, candida, and everything else? Guess what it also is prominent in? Alzheimer's and dementia! It also is common in schizophrenic people. I found that out reading "Beating Alzheimer's" by Tom Warren. He actually had brain atrophies, and documented his recovery from it. This is an excellent book. I beleive every word the guy wrote. He discusses food allergies as well as environmental ones causing brain function problems.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

Congrats on chelation therapy beginning soon! We are pulling for you!

Thanks NoGluGirl! :)

You know how you were talking about Mercury causing autism, candida, and everything else? Guess what it also is prominent in? Alzheimer's and dementia! It also is common in schizophrenic people.
You know that phrase "Mad as a Hatter"???

Heres an interesting story behind how that phrase came to be.....

Few people who use the phrase today realise that there
Rachel--24 Collaborator

I dont think mercury is the only thing that causes those "mad hatter" symptoms. I am pretty sure a toxic level of any type of nuerotoxins can lead to Ahlzeimers, schizophrenia and dementia.

I think Aspartame has been linked with these as well as mycotoxin poisoning, Lyme, etc. An accumulation of any combination of these toxins can probably lead to the same type of impaired brain function....and damage.

There was actually an article in the health newspaper I was reading last night all about aspartame.

After I got sick Aspartame was the first thing I started noticing was causing me to get really bad worsening of symptoms. It was in the gum I was chewing.

I noticed the problem with aspartame almost 2 years before I really started noticing I was having trouble with foods. Aspartame just gave me very clear and very scary symptoms and I was able to figure it out pretty quickly.

This is what the article says about aspartame.

What is Aspartame and why is it not good for us?

Aspartame is an addictive, excitoneurotoxic, and carcinogenic drug. It has triggered a global plague with a 1,038 page medical text, "Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic" by H.J. Roberts M.D.

The FDA revoked the petition for approval of aspartame because it triggered brain tumors and other tumors, cancer, seizures and it could not be proven safe. Don Rumsfeld called in his workers to get it approved because he was CEO of Searle.

Aspartame is a molecule composed of three componenets: aspartic acid (40%) an excitotoxin, or product that literally stimulates the neurons of the brain to death causing neurological damage;

a methyl ester that immediately becomes methanol (10%) and converts to formaldeyde and formic acid causing metabolic acidosis;

and phenylalanine (50%) as an isolate floods the brain, a neurotoxin lowers the seizure threshold and depletes serotonin.

Lowered serotoin triggers psychiatric and behavioral problems, and aspartame interacts with all drugs and vaccines. It is a chemical hypersensitization agent.

These are other things brought up in the article and if anyone is interested I'll post the answers.

1. How did the discovery of aspartame come about?

2. Our food is governed by the FDA--Do they know its not good for us? And if so, why is it still on the market?

3. Is Aspartame just in the US?

4. What food contain aspartame?

5. Once aspartame is in our bodies, can we ever get rid of it?

6. What is currently being done to remove aspartame from the market?

7. Are there alternatives to aspartame sweeteners?

8. Has anyone ever died from aspartame?

AndreaB Contributor
4. What food contain aspartame?

5. Once aspartame is in our bodies, can we ever get rid of it?

I'd be interested in these two primarily. As far as I know we avoid it......but there is always the unknown right? Just like msg. :angry:

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, I generally avoid aspartame now, but also wonder how long it stays in our bodies. I was buying stuff with Sucralose in it instead, but have stopped that too. The only sweetener I use regularly now is Stevia and I have to wonder about that too sometimes since it's an herb (cuz of my allergies, which I hope will clear up when the mercury, candida and leaky gut thing is taken care of).

CarlaB Enthusiast

Just a drive-by ... not time to catch up right now.

I had my phone consultation this morning ... I'm continuing on the same meds, and my doc is adding two more -- one's an antibiotic, the other makes it work better and longer.

I asked about the lead. They said pretty much everyone tests positive for it and we weren't going to do anything about it until I was feeling somewhat better. So, I'm doing things in the opposite order as Rachel! I guess different methods work for different people.

One of my tests showed that my immune system was lowered from this.

My first herx lasted 6 days. Now I'm doing a little better ... still a long way to go though.

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for the update Carla. :)

Hope these new meds don't cause a whole lot of problems for you.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'd be interested in these two primarily. As far as I know we avoid it......but there is always the unknown right? Just like msg. :angry:

Quick drive-by.....got my doctors appt. in 30 minutes.

Andrea and Donna...I'll post the amswers to the aspartame questions when I get home. :)

I asked about the lead. They said pretty much everyone tests positive for it and we weren't going to do anything about it until I was feeling somewhat better. So, I'm doing things in the opposite order as Rachel! I guess different methods work for different people.

Carla...this is because in my case we are going by BioSET and ART and what is showing up as priorities for me right now. Lyme is not showing itself to be my main issue so we may not even need to address it with anything other than the Cats Claw.

Everyone is different as far as what is putting the most stress on their immune system. Lyme isnt the culprit in my case. Its not putting alot of stress on my body at this time....but the metals and fungus are....so thats what we're addressing.

Its not really that we are doing things in opposite order.....just that our situation is opposite.

Be back later.... :)

AndreaB Contributor

I'll be waiting.

Oh, and it's our bi-weekly chat this weekend. (just in case your forgot):)

Archived