This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI RACHEL

JUST SENT YOU A PM WITH MY ENTEROLABS RESULTS.

CAN YOU TAKE A LOOK?

YOU KNOW WHAT SO MANY OF MY CONCERNS HAVE BEEN AND WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING OUT FOR SO LONG.

KEEPING AN EYE ON YOUR 'ART' AND LEARNING ALOT.

KNOW YOU DON'T CK YOUR EMAIL THAT OFTEN SO HOPE YOU CAN READ IN PM..

APPRECIATE IT

HI EVERYONE ELSE. :P

HAVE FROZEN PIPES OVER HERE IN THE COLD AND A FLOODED BASEMENT. :ph34r:

NO TIME FOR CHAT BUT WISH I DID.

;)

i CK ON YOU GUYS EVERY NITE..

HUGS TO YOU ALL.

JUDY

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
HI RACHEL

JUST SENT YOU A PM WITH MY ENTEROLABS RESULTS.

CAN YOU TAKE A LOOK?

YOU KNOW WHAT SO MANY OF MY CONCERNS HAVE BEEN AND WHAT I'VE BEEN SEARCHING OUT FOR SO LONG.

Well? We want to know too. :)

Frozen pipes, flooded basement. That does not sound like a fun time. Are you guys going to thaw out anytime soon?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Judy,

I sent you a pm.

Good that you remembered I dont check my email too much....I probably wouldnt have seen it till Sat or Sunday. :ph34r:

Sorry about the pipes and flooded basement! :blink:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

rACHEL JUST SENT PM

ANDREA...I'LL PM YOU TOO.

JUDY

NoGluGirl Contributor
Hi NoGluGirl,

I'm wondering if you have tried Chinese medicine to treat your hormonal problems? You might be able to find an acupuncturist who would treat you for free or for a reduced amount. You might have to shop around a bit to find an acupuncturist who would be willing to do that. Maybe that would help you wean off the shots.

If you want to learn more about Traditional Chinese Medicine and how it relates to the reproductive system, a very good book is "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis. It's geared more towards women who are trying to get pregnant, but you can also learn a lot about Chinese medicine and how to try to diagnose yourself according to the symptoms in the book.

Here's an article by Randine about Open Original Shared Link. I thought I'd include this link since it's the closest thing I could find about ovarian cysts.

I would guess too that your liver could use some support in filtering out the toxins in your body from excess hormones, leaky gut syndrome, and candida. It's pretty common for westerners to have liver qi stagnation. I have this. Here is Randine's article about the Open Original Shared Link. Both of these articles are straight from her book.

Hope you find them useful :) .

Claire

Dear Claire,

I have considered Chinese Medicine. I certainly trust it over drugs! I am going to check these out. I would not be shocked at all if I do have PCOS because of the candida. Once you get rid of the Candida, it should go away, too. You were right, in my earlier post, that was a typo! I meant by not my universe! LOL! It is cold down here where the computer is. The basement is freezing in this type of weather, and my hands freeze up and it makes it hard to type! Normally I type 65 wpm! I do have a million things going on already, but my health needs to come first. My parents, I cannot deal with anymore. I have been dealing with them all of my life. There is only so much a person can take!

Nothing will ever change with them. Take today, where I did not close the bathroom door because I know there is gluten residue on it and I was about to eat. I had gone in there to wash my hands. That stupid dog of hers pees on the toilet paper and the floor which is wooden and bare because it needs new tile. All she cares about is that floor! She does not believe my intestines can be damaged by a minute amount of gluten. She was not the one with the dry heaves this morning because someone glutened her either. Why would she care?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl Contributor
Good for you!! You can only be crapped on if you allow for it to happen....you can choose for it NOT to happen. If you make it your goal....I'm sure in 2007 you will have alot less crap thrown your way! ;)

The situation at home sounds like it would be enough to make anyone want to break free. I say you take your strong will, and your independance and you prove them wrong. When you are well....they will be doing their own dishes because you will be living your life....and enjoying it. :)

Dear Rachel,

They will end up living in filth. I won't care. I will be in my huge house with perfectly organized spacious closets and everything! ;) I am done caring about people who do not care about me. Today, I was glutened again. I had the dry heaves this morning and was very sick. I know it had to be because Dad was eating cereal and had poured it right by my drink yesturday. He said there was no way he got any in there. Obviously, he was wrong. I am tired of this. How can I get well if I cannot get away from this gluten crap? I was doing really well for a while. It is hurting where my gallbladder was, too. I am going to go back to a strict low-fat diet. My system cannot tolerate anything remotely oily. My brother is like me, but he is lucky because he is out on his own. He is cursed by everyone else's bad karma. It is time that stops. I finally have everything for the ritual.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

NoGluGirl Contributor
I know...the funding thing is slowing me down too right now. The amalgam issue was topmost on my priorities, but that just about drained me (well that and the vacations :P ). My dental benefit is only $2000 per year, so I had to put a lot of the work on credit cards which were already kind of high. :(

Thanks!!! :D Would you post Dr. Kinghardts website link? I don't think I had the right Dr. Klinghardt, lol.

I know...I stare at the empty shelves every week, and this week I still stared, but it was because I was trying to decide whether I should buy any, lol. :lol:

You go girl!!!

Yep, I'm feeling the financial pinch and I HAVE insurance. Most of the doctors I am seeing now are covered at 70%, but even then, the amount out of my pocket can be quite a bit. The dental work really put a strain on my finances, but I'm glad I had it done.

Yes, I think I'll ask either Anna or Scott next week about ART.

Oddy, I think I decided that I like Susan best, lol--maybe it's because she's done all of my treatments except two. I think she is probably the least experienced, but I like that she tells me what she is doing and why. And, I like that she makes comments on some of the stuff I react to. Anna was great and explains if I ask, but didn't say much otherwise.

Wow, I'd say this is great progress! :D

I like the sounds of the doctor in Los Altos, and I think Dr. Adams would refer to a good one two, but I have a little background already on your doctor, lol. I also know that the HN doctors would be able to work with him since they referred you, so that would be a plus...one of the things I've had a problem with in the past was that I had two many doctors who didn't work together, lol. Dr. Adams also suggested I wait 6 months before detoxing, but I think I should start seeing someone a little bit before that just to get a relationship started. Heck, in a couple more months my *out-of-pocket* limits will be met for both in-network and out-of-network doctors, so I might as well go for it. :lol: Anyway, I don't think my situation is as complicated as yours, but I think I was heading there. :(

Thanks! I think I will at least check it out.

Dear Donna,

Thanks for the encouragement! When you said healthcare is expensive, you are not kidding!

It is sucky, but doctors mark up the prices of visits and services just because people have insurance. They can bill you and the insurance companies. They are all so greedy! Medications are just as bad. They can get incredibly expensive. I have actually never paid so little for meds since NOT having insurance. I do not take very many, but still. Do you know what I found out in my marketing class?

That the U.S. pays 60 percent more for medications like Prilosec just because the majority can afford it. That is absurd and wrong. They never consider how many people there are who cannot afford it. Just because you live in a rich country does not mean you are wealthy yourself. I am lucky that my grandfather is paying for my dental care. I told my dentist I will only get composite fillings, no metal! My mother is ignoring my warnings about metal fillings, but I do not care. I told her, fine, go senile like my grandmother! If you do not want to end up like that, do not get those fillings! They are dangerous!

Despite what my father says, many fillings used still are 50 percent mercury. It is even on the ADA site about it. He says a small amount won't hurt. I told him, the only safe amount of mercury is no mercury.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It is sucky, but doctors mark up the prices of visits and services just because people have insurance. They can bill you and the insurance companies.

Most of the doctors I see dont belong to insurance plans....they dont bill both me and insurance..... its just me that gets the bill. :rolleyes:

I have to deal with the insurance company for reimbursement. Well....ok....my mom actually does this for me :P ...on account of my brainfoginess when it comes to numbers. :wacko:

Anyways...I used to have an HMO...I payed next to nothing. I also didnt get any answers or help from those Dr.'s.....so I guess its true....you get what you pay for. :(

I dont mind paying for the Dr.'s I'm seeing now.....because I feel they are worth it. I feel like the cost of everything is inflated here in the US.....especially where I live in the Bay Area.

Basically, whatever I choose to spend my money on...its gonna be inflated.....I cant get around that. All I know is if I gotta pay higher prices for something...let it be for the Dr.'s who are going to give me back my health. :)

I just dont really spend money on other things I would normally be spending money on. I save it all for the Dr.'s...and I guess I'm ok with that.....surprisingly. :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
My brother is like me, but he is lucky because he is out on his own.
Maybe you could live with him instead of your parents.
miamia Rookie

I agree with carla can you live with your brother? I feel like being in such a negative environment probably just feeds your sickness and cripples any progress you could be making

miamia Rookie

I agree with carla can you live with your brother? I feel like being in such a negative environment probably just feeds your sickness and cripples any progress you could be making

miamia Rookie

NoGluGirl Contributor
Most of the doctors I see dont belong to insurance plans....they dont bill both me and insurance..... its just me that gets the bill. :rolleyes:

I have to deal with the insurance company for reimbursement. Well....ok....my mom actually does this for me :P ...on account of my brainfoginess when it comes to numbers. :wacko:

Anyways...I used to have an HMO...I payed next to nothing. I also didnt get any answers or help from those Dr.'s.....so I guess its true....you get what you pay for. :(

I dont mind paying for the Dr.'s I'm seeing now.....because I feel they are worth it. I feel like the cost of everything is inflated here in the US.....especially where I live in the Bay Area.

Basically, whatever I choose to spend my money on...its gonna be inflated.....I cant get around that. All I know is if I gotta pay higher prices for something...let it be for the Dr.'s who are going to give me back my health. :)

I just dont really spend money on other things I would normally be spending money on. I save it all for the Dr.'s...and I guess I'm ok with that.....surprisingly. :huh:

Dear Rachel,

It is nice to know your doctors are not greedy. I love your brainfogginess emoticon! LOL!

It seems to me the further North you go, the more expensive things are. I wonder why that is. I have a friend in New York, and everyone knows how pricey some of the stuff there is.

Dear CarlaB and Miamia,

My brother is getting ready to move again! So far, he has not really been satisfied with anywhere he has been. He is also very negative and does not understand the food allergy issue. He made fun of me when he was over here one day because I got upset that he touched my food. He tries to understand, but he just thinks I am paranoid, too. I know he and I would do alright together if we had separate kitchens. Just pray that I win that 2007 Dream house from HGTV!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

rinne Apprentice

Hi, I've been reading along and had a long post nearly ready when my sweetie, who I am not feeling so sweet about at the moment, messed with my computer without asking and lost it all.

I have now forgottten mostly everything but I did want to say I was sorry to hear about your father Andrea. I know it was in some ways expected and yet it is still a shock. How are you doing?

Venturing back here I realize how utterly disallusioned I have become with the care available, I am glad that some of you are finding help.

I have been doing the castor oil compresses too. I use a hot water bottle, it was recommended over the electric heating pad as there is something about electric blankets that supposedly disrupts our bodies energy field. I boil the water for it and find that it stays hot enough for the hour treatment.

I am glad to see all the confusion regarding scientificness has been laid to rest, it was quite funny while it lasted though. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi, I've been reading along and had a long post nearly ready when my sweetie, who I am not feeling so sweet about at the moment, messed with my computer without asking and lost it all.

Well....I'm upset with your sweetie too. I know you dont always feel up for posting...I do like to hear how you're doing and your poetic posts always give me something to think about. :)

Venturing back here I realize how utterly disallusioned I have become with the care available, I am glad that some of you are finding help.
Yeah...I know how disappointed you became after seeing that Hoffman guy. Stupid Hoffman. :angry:

I do believe there are some good ones out there though....it all comes down to knowledge....and some of the Dr.'s out there just dont have enough of it. :(

The ones that do have alot of knowledge and experience can really offer something to us. I know I cant get better w/out help.....so I am happy that there are some people out there who understand how all this works....and can help me sort it out.

I was thinking someone like Amy Derksen would be good for you. Obviously she is not in your area but I'm sure there are some in Canada who are treating people similarly. She is alternative and I know that you are wanting alternative Dr.'s. She was trained from Klinghardt and I'm sure alot of Dr.'s have learned and are using his methods, protocols, ART, etc.

I dont know if you are even interested in seeing anyone but seems like this would be the type of Dr. you were looking for??

I am glad to see all the confusion regarding scientificness has been laid to rest, it was quite funny while it lasted though. :)

Yeah...it was funny! :lol:

I still dont understand how I could be misunderstood to that extent :huh: ......but yeah.....it was hecka funny! :lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I do believe there are some good ones out there though....it all comes down to knowledge....and some of the Dr.'s out there just dont have enough of it. :(

The ones that do have alot of knowledge and experience can really offer something to us. I know I cant get better w/out help.....so I am happy that there are some people out there who understand how all this works....and can help me sort it out.

Finding the right doctor is critical. As much research as all of us have done, finding one more knowledgeable than we are is difficult! :lol: I have found the right doctor for me ... he doesn't treat Lyme completely holistically, he mixes holistic with conventional ... but I trust him and like his attitude and respect his knowledge. I know he doesn't just use the same protocol for everyone because my friend who sees the same doc is on a completely different protocol. She even had different testing done.

Keep looking, Rinne, I'm sure you can find someone who can direct your efforts to get better. You might have to travel, though ... that's what I do. I have to get on an airplane to see mine! He has people who come all the way from Europe to see him!

AndreaB Contributor
I have now forgottten mostly everything but I did want to say I was sorry to hear about your father Andrea. I know it was in some ways expected and yet it is still a shock. How are you doing?

I'm doing pretty good all things considered. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore.

I'm always glad to see you. Sorry you lost your post. I've done that all on my own before. :(

I do hope you can find a knowledgeable doctor who can work with you on regaining your health.

I was talking to my pastors wife yesterday who's father also has prostate cancer that has spread (they don't know the full details yet). In talking about our growing intolerances she was wondering about the area we are in. We are near industrial/shipping on the Columbia River and there is a sign by where we walked one day down there about the inhalation hazard. We are only about 2 miles from there, if that. Oh how I wish our other rental hadn't sold. We didn't think it would as the landlord was asking a super high price. It sold just days before it was going to be pulled from the market. :( Loved one of our neighbors too and all her critters.

dlp252 Apprentice

I wonder about our area too sometimes. There is such a HUGE number of people in our church with various kinds of cancer. Who knows what goes where in the production of silicon chips and whatnot...

AndreaB Contributor
I wonder about our area too sometimes. There is such a HUGE number of people in our church with various kinds of cancer. Who knows what goes where in the production of silicon chips and whatnot...

That doesn't sound too good either.

I was just looking at rentals even though we really don't have the money to move and found a nice sounding on about 15 miles from here. The problem is we can't afford it with the debt load we currently have. Somehow I think we are stuck here for awhile. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Is it March 18th yet??? :unsure:

OMG.....I am very impatient for my Dr. appt. and my ART session.....I cant even STAND IT!!!! :ph34r:

Donna, remember when I said that I'm not constantly thinking about stuff anymore??? Well....I AM.....only now its different stuff. Instead of wondering what the heck is causing all this....now I'm wondering what the heck they are going to do to "fix" it. :blink:

Yeah...so I'm still not really "at peace." :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Who knows what goes where in the production of silicon chips and whatnot...

Like I really needed something else to be paranoid about today.... :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

OMG.....I am very impatient for my Dr. appt. and my ART session.....I cant even STAND IT!!!! :ph34r:

Donna, remember when I said that I'm not constantly thinking about stuff anymore??? Well....I AM.....only now its different stuff. Instead of wondering what the heck is causing all this....now I'm wondering what the heck they are going to do to "fix" it. :blink:

Yeah...so I'm still not really "at peace." :rolleyes:

I hear ya...I'm really excited for your appointment with Dr. D too! I mean, how FORTUNATE is it that you got in. I find that amazing!

I understand completely about the "fix" it thing. See, the HN doctors found the adrenals, and I'm sure those are a big part of how I'm feeling...and they found the H.Pylori, which wasn't found by my endoscopes, but hey, it *could* be a part of how I'm feeling too I guess. But I feel like they've stopped looking...they found those two things and that's it. But I'm still thinking that SOMETHING CAUSED my adrenals to shut down, and until we find THAT, I may see small improvements, but won't be completely well. And, MAYBE they will look at other things if I don't get better soon...I don't know.

Like I really needed something else to be paranoid about today.... :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I know, lol. I try not to think too much about it, but it's there in the back of my mind. :lol: And, then there's the other *farming* thing I didn't mention either. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, the low adrenals COULD be caused by the mercury toxicity ... but then again, we have to ask the question, "Why aren't you detoxing the mercury on your own?"

AndreaB Contributor

I'm excited for that appointment too. :)

Don't you have your other doctor appointment on Friday? I'm curious as to what comes out of this appointment too.

AndreaB Contributor
and they found the H.Pylori

When do you find out whether the long regime of medicine took care or that?

Archived