This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

I was doing what you're doing back in 1991 ... looking into candida and amalgams ... it helped me put this Lyme in remission for about 12 years. So, even if there's another underlying cause, since you're not really sick, not to say you aren't sick at all, no matter what it is, taking care of metals and candida should help.

Even when I went on the anti-candida diet, I did not get yeast infections in the traditional sense.

Sugar is evil ...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
You are probably right about the metals, and the kids could have been exposed through you. What I wonder, though, is what pushes someone over the edge? So many people have amalgams and never get sick, then there are others who do. I know it can be because of Lyme, but I wonder what else can do it?

Carla,

A TON of things can do it. Its not always a matter of one thing pushing someone over the edge.....although it may seem that way.

Genetics plays a role in how well a person can detox. Also, environmental causes, chemicals/neurotoxins in food, mold, stress, etc.

As the mercury builds up over time it slows down the liver's ability to detox....when that starts happening the other things dont get detoxed as well and everthing just builds up inside....until the liver just cant handle the toxic burden. Food sensitivities and allergies are a good indicator that toxins are building up.

The amount of chemicals and harmful substances in our air, food and water have steadily increased over the years...this all has an affect on our health. When you add amalgams into the picture...plus thimersol....plus everday exposure to mercury (and other metals) in the environment and in household items....it makes it ALOT harder for the body to cope with the toxins.

I dont think its the amalgams by themselves....we are all exposed to plenty of harmful toxins everyday....the fact that mercury slows down the livers ability to detox makes it hard for the body to deal with the ever growing amount of chemicals and pollution.

Here is a short list of independent risk factors, which can either cause accumulation of metals in an otherwise healthy body
CarlaB Enthusiast
I just noticed you put up a new avatar. I like it. :)

The thing that clued me in is you and hubby were looking a big squished and blurry.

Thanks. It was time for something new. I changed my personal photo, too. I look like Rachel ... I have a hat on!! :P

Interesting stuff, Rachel. I have many things on that list.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Even when I went on the anti-candida diet, I did not get yeast infections in the traditional sense.

I dont have yeast infections in the "traditional sense" either. Even though I've got major fungal issues...I havent had a single yeast infection throughout my entire illness. :)

I think I've only had two yeast infections my entire life.

I think when the candida and fungal issues are high due to metals.....the yeasts are actually binding with mercury at the cells. Yeast can live off of the mercury...believe it or not...the yeast "eats" mercury. :o

You will not get rid of yeast w/out getting rid of the metals.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, Andrea, I counted my pills, you made me curious with all the emoticons you used! Including the two charcoal capsules I started taking today to help with the herx, I take 49 pills per day. Most are supplements and probiotics, 6 are Nystatin ... all are recommended by my doctor.

And, NO, I'm not going to figure out what all these pills cost per month!! I do know that back in 1991 I wouldn't have been able to afford to get better ... the trip to NY would have been cost prohibitive. I think I did take a lot of supplements back then though.

AndreaB Contributor
I copied the list below.

Here is a short list of independent risk factors, which can either cause accumulation of metals in an otherwise healthy body

AndreaB Contributor
Well, Andrea, I counted my pills, you made me curious with all the emoticons you used! Including the two charcoal capsules I started taking today to help with the herx, I take 49 pills per day. Most are supplements and probiotics, 6 are Nystatin ... all are recommended by my doctor.

I think I'd get tired of swallowing those every day. :):blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
I think I'd get tired of swallowing those every day. :):blink:

Trust me when I say I am! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Not only do I not have an appetite because of the babesia and the medication side effects, but eating means I have to take pills. LOL

dlp252 Apprentice
Cruise sounds GREAT! Health sounds even better though! ;)

Yep, that's what I ended up telling my friend today. :( Although she should know, lol. About a year ago I had to cancel a trip to Australia with her because of sickness...that was when I discovered my gluten/casein intolerance.

I could be wrong but with my amalgams (which I've had for over 20 years), the fluoridated water before our filter in the kitchen, hubby's massive shots in the military......just seems like that would be it.

Sure sounds like it could be it.

YEAH!! I agree.....nobody realizes it until its gone.

Stupid healthy people! :angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding.....I couldnt resist that one. :P

:lol:

I haven't had a yeast infection for I don't know how long. I would think if it were candida that it would be worse but maybe that is becoming a problem.

Oddly, when I was a teenager I a couple of the traditional yeast infections...that was after I had all the fillings in...I had a couple in my 20s, especially after I got married (not married anymore, lol), but I haven't had it since my 20s.

Thanks. It was time for something new. I changed my personal photo, too. I look like Rachel ... I have a hat on!! :P

Love both new pictures!

You will not get rid of yeast w/out getting rid of the metals.

Yep, I'm sticking to the no sugar diet really well, but have decided NOT to do much to aggressively kill the yeast until I chelate...I've just been reading too much about this lately, lol.

Oh Sheesh!!! :lol: I thought it was bad when I was doing the H.Pylori thing...I was taking 27 pills per day, plus some sublingual stuff.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Love both new pictures!

Thank you. I was feeling rotten when the avatar one was taken. LOL

Oh Sheesh!!! :lol: I thought it was bad when I was doing the H.Pylori thing...I was taking 27 pills per day, plus some sublingual stuff.

It's amazing how it all adds up! There would be two more of another supplement if it didn't have barley.

diamondheart Newbie

Just a quick drive by here.

Laura, glad to hear you are starting treatment! Hope you feel better soon.

I take Therelac, too. Also ultraflora, and I'm starting on vsl#3, which I ordered online. It looks interesting. There was an article about it and gluten that was very interesting. They don't claim to cure celiac, but it does change the gliandin protein. Open Original Shared Link

I haven't counted my pills ... I think I take about 40.

Carla, I'm interested in all the probiotics you take. Do you notice a difference on all three versus one? I take the UltraFlora too. Isn't some of it redundant? I'm wondering if all the hype on vsl #3 is worth the cost? Those are some pretty expensive probiotics. I'm hoping the homemade kefir I am making will give me a boost in probiotics without the cost. I just switched over to goat's milk for my kefir. I don't know if you can have dairy?

Sugar is evil ...

I agree! I've decided to cut out sugar and alcohol for a while, at least until I get pregnant and have a baby. I've been doing ok, but I still have cravings for sugar that drive me insane (where is that crosseyed smilie face Rachel uses?). I think I need to concentrate on healing my adrenal glands. I know I don't get enough sleep, and spending my free time in the evening reading boards instead of sleeping or meditating is not helping! My new acupuncturist thinks I have symptoms consistent with adrenal fatique. Considering that Dr. F has me on a couple of different supplements for adrenal balanacing, I don't doubt her!

Stupid sugar :angry: !

Claire

CarlaB Enthusiast

Claire, I'm on some pretty serious antibiotics and when I added another one into the mix, I started having diarrhea. My doctor suggested starting the vsl#3. He also told me to take the other two and I have been since he told me to.

I didn't take just one since I've been on all the medications, so I don't know if there's a difference. But I do know that we have many bacterias, and these different probiotics are providing different bacterias. I also know that when I started them I had never in my life been as regular and healthy (if you know what I mean ;)) as I have been on them.

The vsl #3 has something like 450 billion instead of the usual 1 billion that a probiotic will have ... so I guess it's worth the money. I know for me it is, I'm doing everything I can to help my body deal with the drugs I'm on!!

I can have dairy, and I mix the vsl #3 with kifir.

I truly think anyone who has chronic illness has adrenal fatigue at some level. Getting sleep is essential, too! With Lyme, sleep is so important they say not to have any caffeine. If you get tired, you're supposed to nap -- how old fashioned is that? :lol: Plus, with Lyme there is no alcohol (makes most of us sick anyway) or sugar ... it feeds the bugs.

AndreaB Contributor
(where is that crosseyed smilie face Rachel uses?).

When you are replying you'll see the emoticons to the left. On top of that box it says Show All. It will then bring up a separate window with all of them.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Hi Judy! Anything new with YOUR testing?

THANKS DONNA

YES, NO SURPRISES..GLUTEN INTOLLERANT, DAILY, CASEIN, HAVE THE GENES TOO FORGET WHICH ONE. WILL ADD AFTER I FIND IT

THANKS FOR CARING

Judy...thanks!

Prayers and hugs right back at ya! :wub:

THANKS TOO RACHEL..

happygirl Collaborator

x

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI LAURA

JUST SAW THIS AND KNOW YOU PROBABLY POSTED STILL NOT CAUGHT UP READING

HOW DID THE IV GO AS FAR AS AGREEING WITH YOU?

WERE YOU OK WITH IT

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.

J

AndreaB Contributor
Still a little overwhelmed and unsure....

I'm sure I would be too.

Love and hugs. :wub:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Still a little overwhelmed and unsure....

I dont blame you....I'm overwhelmed, confused and very often I'm uncertain. :unsure:

Is it that you're unsure of the diagnosis?? Thats where I always start questioning everything. Its hard when you cant *see* something and everything seems unclear or hazy. I guess all we can do is start the treatment and see what happens.

How does your family feel about the diagnosis?

Good luck tomorrow with your 2nd IV. :)

diamondheart Newbie
Claire, I'm on some pretty serious antibiotics and when I added another one into the mix, I started having diarrhea. My doctor suggested starting the vsl#3. He also told me to take the other two and I have been since he told me to.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the antibiotics! That makes total sense then.

The vsl #3 has something like 450 billion instead of the usual 1 billion that a probiotic will have ... so I guess it's worth the money.

What I want to know is how do they count to 450 billion in one little capsule, LOL?! Carl Sagan would be proud.

Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I saw Anna tonight...she was working on miasms. She said Candida is acting like a miasm.....that its really deep rooted. :(

We went through the pathogenic molds and yeasts again. Its the same ones that usually come up....Candida Tropicalis, Aspergillus Niger and some other ones.....I think I had like 3 different strains of Aspergillus coming up.

I was kind of brain fogged so not sure if I got everything right. She was saying our immune system's are kind of stupid. :lol::lol:

She said the immune system is actually really smart.....but then it has a sort of "linear" way of thinking. It sometimes misses the "bigger" picture. She said it tends to zero in on very specific antigens...or pathogens....but then misses alot because it is being too specific in whats its looking for.

In my case it seems to be missing the WHOLE freakin picture!! :huh:

I think my immune system is really in some serious need of guidance. :rolleyes:

Anyways, she was saying like with Candida....there is more than one strain but my immune system may only be focused on C. Albicans and not really recognizing other candida strains. Or it may see a "piece" of Candida and then not recognize it as it should and it may just let it go because it doesnt recognize that its candida. :rolleyes:

Or when the immune system sees Candida and its attached to mercury....it may get confused. Is it metal? Is it Candida? What should I do with this? :huh:

So she said it gets very confused and may just let it go....instead of getting rid of it.

Instead the candida/mercury may get carried off by white blood cells which may then "store" it into the brain or into other tissue because the immune system didnt know what to do with it.

So yeah...if my immune system is "storing" candida and other bad things because it doesnt want the stuff floating around....I'd say my immune system is pretty stupid. <_<

I *think* this is what Anna was saying. :unsure:

I think she is trying to get my immune system to recognize these things.....*ALL* of them.....so that my immune system will start getting rid of them. She wants my immune system to see that they do not BELONG....so that they can start getting excreted.

She started me on some kind of miasm detox....but she started me really low. I never get to start anything at a normal dose. I think I just take 2 drops a day. I noticed it has sulfur which kind of scares me but I started taking it tonight and I didnt notice any reaction.

I read that with NDF no sulfur foods (onions, garlic, broccoli, eggs, etc) should be eaten until after the second urination after taking NDF. I think this might be why I got so sick on Saturday. I ate all that veggie soup before I ever even excreted anything from my dose of NDF.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Found this on an Mercury/Autism site....

Q: My child is Gluten-free Casein-free. Can I continue the diet?

If it makes your child feel better, then by all means continue. Bernie Windham has written a paper that describes how mercury interferes with the enzyme that is needed to digest gluten and casein. Many people who are mercury toxic are sensitive to food that are high in sulfur, which includes all dairy products.

Regarding yeast: Mercury causes damage to the immune system, and a weakened immune system allows yeast, bacteria and and all sorts of other nasties to proliferate in the body. Yeast overgrowth can cause "leaky gut"

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Reading right along.

Don't have much to say. I'm going through another hurt phase. Tracked down insurance today, very small policy according to mom but left to his wife. I don't really have a problem with that, I just told mom it would have been nice to get something no matter how small. He was going to give us the rest of his retirement check but again according to my mom that needs to be returned to the state. Talked to his wife yesterday. That's how I found out about the retirement check as she wanted me to let mom know to divide between my brother and I.

Then she told me it could be 2 years before they come up this way. We were told it would be this summer and I told her we want to go down to the coast for that but I have to wonder if we'll know about that. Time will tell I guess.

Such a big change from the weekend. I was so up. Don't worry, this won't keep me down long. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel and Carla,

Will do with the posts! No prob! I hate healthy people, too. They whine and cry about stupid things. Boohoo I broke a nail! They should be grateful they do not feel like their arm is going to fall off! :)

Dear Laura,

Good luck with that IV! We are all pulling for you in Rachelville! Wow, it sure was something that diagnosis of yours. You never hear about RMSF these days. Why don't they talk about it more? You have to wonder.

Dear Claire,

Sugar is so addictive! I don't know when I will get off of it. You get withdrawal. It drives you crazy! I have reduced my intake of caffeine and sugar at least. I am still having heart palpitations, though.

Dear Lyme Sufferers,

Do you guys get ringing in your ears? I get it twice a day sometimes. It is so annoying! It is like having the freakin' Emergency Broadcasting System in your ear! There are times you just cannot stand it!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

miamia Rookie
Trust me when I say I am! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Not only do I not have an appetite because of the babesia and the medication side effects, but eating means I have to take pills. LOL

carla

I totaly know how you feel I have no appetitie to begin with and then by the time I take all my supplements eating juwst becomes painful for me!! SO frutrating

CarlaB Enthusiast
What I want to know is how do they count to 450 billion in one little capsule, LOL?! Carl Sagan would be proud.

I think they have a bunch of savants do it!! :lol::lol: Actually, it's a powder that you mix with a drink. I put it in kifir ... I can't have sugar, the probiotic is lemon flavored, so I use it as flavoring for my plain kifir.

Archived